My 98 Z24 Progress for 2009. - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 98 Z24 Progress for 2009.
Monday, December 21, 2009 9:59 PM
where did u get that shinny ring around the speaker area from?

WiGM-Tuners member.

Monday, December 21, 2009 10:42 PM
a plus performance.

reading > you.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:25 AM
yep. got the last ones jason had, actually.

i am going to make some aluminum pieces to go behind the door handle to match these. a plus also sold these but are out and will probably never have any more. be an easy item to make. its flat... a baby could do it.

Stand in the corner and SCREAM with me!!!!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:09 AM
You sir have a pm

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:34 AM
nice progress bro

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:54 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:a plus performance.

reading > you.

yeah. it was late. but thanks for the comment! damn, wish i could get me a set of those!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:07 PM
couple things. for the wing im not to sure on it, but fix that gap if you do put it on.

as for the speaker rings id take the ring and attach black speaker cloth to the backside of it and put it on the car so it looks like an actual speaker cover versus the ugly plastic vent opening on the stock panels.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:18 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Lol you crack me up organizing everything on the table to take pics hehe

LOL! Agreed.

I usually rip packages open, molest the parts, then install them and forget to take pics before and during the install.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:30 PM
sndsgood wrote:couple things. for the wing im not to sure on it, but fix that gap if you do put it on.

as for the speaker rings id take the ring and attach black speaker cloth to the backside of it and put it on the car so it looks like an actual speaker cover versus the ugly plastic vent opening on the stock panels.

explain? im having some trouble picturing just what you mean...

Stand in the corner and SCREAM with me!!!!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:39 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
sndsgood wrote:couple things. for the wing im not to sure on it, but fix that gap if you do put it on.

He means to make it look like a fake speaker thats awkwardly shaped.. probably for show points or something.

It's not a bad idea.. but I'm thinking you would still see the grid through the cloth. Mabye. Try it.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:15 PM
or paint the stock grill a flat color.

i wanna see more of this car. i love how its slowly being restored with mostly NEW parts,

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:17 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:

He means to make it look like a fake speaker thats awkwardly shaped.. probably for show points or something.

It's not a bad idea.. but I'm thinking you would still see the grid through the cloth. Mabye. Try it.

Yea that should look good it'd look more custom

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:22 AM
ok i get it now...

idk, might try it and see. ive got the cloth 'covers' from my old panels, i could throw one behind just to see.

but the thing is i kinda wanna see the driver behind so i dont know...

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:50 PM
Where are the updates at?
Friday, January 15, 2010 6:49 PM
LOL um... moving pretty slowly. havent wanted to really do anything because of the epic cold we've had.

but, supposed to be 40 this weekend. ill get out there and get something done. probably get the rest of the dynamat installed in the doors and possibly the new door panels on.

looking at picking up some tokico d-specs instead of using my konis though... i like that they are direct bolt on AND they are a dark grey in color so they will match the theme of the car better than YELLOW. *puke* also probably going with eibach pro kit springs instead of the sportlines due to the OEM mounts making the car lower. i like the way the car sat with the sportlines but dont want to go any lower risking the technic lip. its too important to me to destroy bottoming out on some dumb pot hole or something. they too will match the theme being black instead of the red the sportlines are.

i have also decided to pick up the progress rear sway bar instead of having my addco chromed. i like the way the progress mounts a whole hell of a lot better plus it will match the d-specs in that it is also grey.

jessica hand notified me that she was hoarding a set of the aplus aluminum door handle pieces so i picked them up from her. now i dont need to make my own!

things recently acquired:

(2) MTX 4122 amps (new in boxes)
MTX 4244 amp (new in box)

Digital HID 55 watt fog light kit with relay harness (thanks john benham)

Induction Dynamics billet aluminum fuel rail adapter

New GM rear wheel bearing bolts

OEM solid rear mounts powdercoated grey

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Sunday, September 04, 2011 9:33 PM
Old as hell, but any progress?
Monday, September 05, 2011 11:58 AM

wow... well, some but not much. mostly just parts collection for now. this progress thread was basically for back when i was just gonna do some little stuff and get it back on the road... well, in doing so i started tearing out more and more and not liking the things i found so i decided to do more and more and yea the lack of funds and family intervened and took precedence over this build. i do still have the car and TONS of plans its just going to take some time, much more time than a normal build.

mainly just been working on getting all of the engine stuff together. i ended up putting that todd miller LO intake cam into the motor that was in the car but that motor is now slated for my 2000 z24. i started with a completely different engine for the white car.... the plan is 185whp n/a (its an auto) and then a remote mount turbo setup down the road with a goal of 350whp. the plan for this car has changed over and over let me tell you LOL

i ditched the G6 spoiler for an actual rk sport 3 piece i FINALLY found.

as far as the engine is concerned i still need:

Clevite 77 Main bearings
send crank off to be cryotreated and oil shed coated
cometic .045 head gasket
have modified for 35mm lifters 2.4 intake tower powdercoated black
other than that just small stuff like coatings etc.

here are some pics of parts ive been collecting:

same head as previously pictured except now it has been media blasted and had bronze guides installed. these pics are before i had it powdercoated silver and had the valves/combustion chambers thermal barrier coated.

here's the crank being knife edged and lightened:

mcmoney adjustable cam gear setup:

phil lindsay aluminum lower radiator support brace:

powdercoated EGR block off:

rk sport fuel rail with induction dynamics pressure regular adapter:

16 new GM NOS HO valve springs:

custom 1 off billet aluminum FFP 65mm throttle body (gonna have it blasted and black chromed)

custom 1 off carbon fiber throttle cable cover made by mark at OEM:

Monday, September 05, 2011 12:09 PM
Some sexy parts you got there. Forgive me if this is a stupid question. That alum rad support brace, whats the benefits of it? Any pics of it installed?

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, September 05, 2011 2:56 PM
well, originally i wanted it to be lighter than the stock piece but it actually ended up being heavier by a few pounds....

which in the end is fine because the stock piece is flimsy and ive always hated that so i wanted something structurally stronger. that and another thing ive always hated about the j's was the fact the subframe only attached to the front rad brace on the driver side. with the heims and rods i can tighten them up AND have the whole area boxed in as opposed to just one side, now.

will it really help? well.. in theory yea but who knows.

Monday, September 05, 2011 3:26 PM
love it love it love it, spoiler pics naow!

Monday, September 05, 2011 4:14 PM
I just recently changed my rad and yeah I,too hate that rad support with only subframe support on the driver side.

GMR has got nothing on this

Monday, September 05, 2011 7:03 PM
Holy crap.. That MAY be my old throttle body....

IF not, I had the exact same some and got it off Karo YEARs ago... I'm talking 6-8 years ago..

It never idled correctly..

Monday, September 05, 2011 7:57 PM
well brother... i know it came off brian's old motor and thought he had it made? ...anyways, i got it from the marks boy's.

Monday, September 05, 2011 8:31 PM

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, September 05, 2011 8:35 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Holy crap.. That MAY be my old throttle body....

IF not, I had the exact same some and got it off Karo YEARs ago... I'm talking 6-8 years ago..

It never idled correctly..

When we got it off Brian it idled alright but we had to modify the sensor and clock it to read zero. I still like the ls1 better...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search