ABS delete (pics) - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: ABS delete (pics)
Monday, April 06, 2009 3:16 PM
i hope your not refering to me selling them and needing insurance...if so i dont need insurance to sell parts

Monday, April 06, 2009 4:15 PM
Im not hating. Hell, I already have the master bolted on. I just wanted to know if its the same one so I can double check if the lines are routed into it properly. The rest of the car was hacked together, I fixed all of that, this is the last of what they did, so I want to recheck it.

Monday, April 06, 2009 4:20 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:you think i dont know that the first thing You guys would do is go grab a junk yard unit?

You make it sound like you caught us.... I thought that it was blatantly obvious the point of knowing is to not have to deal with you (no offense, not you specifically, just a completely unnecessary outside source that serves no purpose other then to drive the price up if people want to do it themselves). If you actually share the knowledge you wont be "spending your time and money to go pull these off cars, clean them up and check them and get them to the rest of us". I don't maybe it's just me but IMO it seems like a @!#$ty move on your part.... for example, the neon rear brakes, someone figured it out, shared all the info about it. Even made a video of how to install, posted up detailed pictures and diagrams of the machine work that needed to be done and never asked for a dime. They put the info out there for everyone who wanted to tackle it on there own... for those who didn't you could pay the one dude to get all the parts, get the machine work done and send it all to you ready to go with brake lines but not once did anyone try to hide the info to make to make going through them the only option just to make a buck. Same thing with SSBC, they don't hide the knowledge that their rear brake kit uses pads, rotors, calipers from (I forgot what kind of car... Thunderbird was it?). You can take all that stuff and make your own brackets and lines and have it work the same, or you can pay them to have a complete ready to go kit.

I'm not saying you shouldn't sell them. If I still had a J and wanted to get rid of the ABS I would probably buy it from you anyway, for a rebuilt master that's been "tested" cleaned up and ready to go $45 shipped is a deal. I just don't think its right to keep the info to yourself so people have to go through you or not at all. In the end you can and will do whatever you want and it really doesn't affect me if anyway but after seeing all the people complaining about this place going downhill it sucks to see stuff like this.

Monday, April 06, 2009 5:06 PM
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
scott (section8cav) wrote:maybe you over looked this part ...

Quote:

.i will probably be starting a group buy for these soon if there is enough interest

So your not gonna tell people cause your gonna go to AutoZone and buy the master cylinders and then sell them on here for a higher price and shipping charges? Sounds fair.

so who's the 'c0ck sucker' now?? you said i was for jumping to conclusions about what you said... yet you did it yourself by claiming he was just going to re-sell an autozone unit.

i guess he shouldnt get any money for doing the leg work? i guess he shouldn't get any money for cleaning the units up? i guess he shouldn't get any money FOR ACTUALLY BUYING EM?

i guess you should just go die in a fire?

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:08 PM
well taco johns

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:09 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:HAHA you guys are great...first of all you really think i dont know how to inspect and rebuild a brake master? you also must think im very gullible , you think i dont know that the first thing You guys would do is go grab a junk yard unit? and still not even know how to rebuild it. ......and charge me for an answer? seems like most of you dont know me or something, or how much i have contributed, ive made several How-To's for things as well as help with any thing i possibly could. but the one time i figure something out and try to make ALITTLE money off it you guys wanna crucify me. we love having things handed to us i guess..

Never said you didn't have the ability to re-build a master cylinder, just said I hope you have one hell of a liability insurance policy.

are you really that retarded? he isnt going to need a damn insurance policy.

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:29 PM
This is starting to sound like a honda forum. I'd love to know what parts are being used and I would love to see people finding different ways of perfecting this mod. When the word gets out, and more people try it, ideas are bounced around and the product is great. I love this forum because we all share our ideas. I don't think its wrong that money wants to be made for time spent and I think we can all see both sides.

but seriously guys, bashing just makes us want to find other forums that are more welcoming
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:01 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
scott (section8cav) wrote:HAHA you guys are great...first of all you really think i dont know how to inspect and rebuild a brake master? you also must think im very gullible , you think i dont know that the first thing You guys would do is go grab a junk yard unit? and still not even know how to rebuild it. ......and charge me for an answer? seems like most of you dont know me or something, or how much i have contributed, ive made several How-To's for things as well as help with any thing i possibly could. but the one time i figure something out and try to make ALITTLE money off it you guys wanna crucify me. we love having things handed to us i guess..

Never said you didn't have the ability to re-build a master cylinder, just said I hope you have one hell of a liability insurance policy.

Hey dumb a$$, if you sell used parts and they fail, if you are the one that "re-built" it guess what your responsible. So yeah you would need liability insurance to cover your a$$ for the off chance that someone buys one of these, their brakes go out, they hit and kill someone, you would straight get your balls sued off. Hey its his life, its just not a risk that I would take. So shut your c0ck sucker. I swear you have to be as dumb as a brick, don't you have some tax payers to leach off of? Or did you finally man up and start taking care of your kids without my tax dollars?

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:20 AM
Quote:

if you sell used parts and they fail, if you are the one that "re-built" it guess what your responsible

first of all you need to calm down and watch your language ....second i dont need insurance..all i have to do is sell the part "as is" and all responsibility is taken off me.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:30 AM
z yaaaa wrote:

Hey dumb a$$, if you sell used parts and they fail, if you are the one that "re-built" it guess what your responsible. So yeah you would need liability insurance to cover your a$$ for the off chance that someone buys one of these, their brakes go out, they hit and kill someone, you would straight get your balls sued off. Hey its his life, its just not a risk that I would take. So shut your c0ck sucker. I swear you have to be as dumb as a brick.

go ahead and try and sue him. we'll see how far that gets ya. a big f'n waste of money and time in small claims court thats where. omg i sold someone some cheap skunk2 coil overs last year. i better get some insurance just in case he blows a strut and goes barreling into someone.

nice try but only darkstars sounds cool when he tells someone to shut there cock sucker or to quit crying.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:36 AM
Wow.

I think what Ryan is saying, say I buy one of these units off of you, it goes out (don't defend your rebuild, @!#$ happens). I'm on the side of the road. Do I have to wait to contact scott (section8cav) to get a replacement? With the info being seeked I could easily do so myself. That's all that is being asked. I like knowing what's on my car, where it came from. Simple as that, you can't provide with that knowledge I damn sure won't provide you with $xx.xx despite how great of a "deal" it is.

Brad, you're still the cocksucker.

Peace.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:41 AM
Why did you change fittings? When I did mine they hooked right up...

N/M , You didn't use the Cav/Eco master...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:55 AM

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:07 AM
john - no i used a different master, but currently looking for a better one that is more of a direct hook up.
joe - (dont take this wrong ok) i would totally back up any part i sell with a replacement, everyone knows that, everyone also knows that as soon as i sold a few of these the info would be out, part numbers would be public and all info would be available, i dont scratch part numbers off my parts so as soon as you got a part it could be referenced and youd know what you have, its cool though, i understand..maybe im just not cut out for selling things, just figuring them out .
and Zyaa i appreiate the support, but let it go..hes too far gones

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:13 AM
Man this thing was blown out of proportion, I think the reason people want to know about the part your sending them not because they want to run to junkyard and grab one, but because brakes happen to be a semi-important system, and people would most likely feel better doing some research themselves in regards to using a part that wasn’t originally designed by GM for a J-Body(or was designed but never equipped).

I think it’s a fair question, and I think with all the trouble of going to a junkyard and searching for the part and then inspecting it is way too much hassle considering $45 is a super reasonable price. Even if you share what part it is, I am sure you will get many buyers.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:02 AM
thank you fireshroom, i understand what your saying and appreciate your honesty.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:36 AM
i just got an 03+ non abs master for mine i'm gonna swap out my rsuted line set for an 00+ line set and then done. will probably do that winter of 09

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:11 AM
You guys are all sissy whiners. All the guy is asking for is $45 bones and you all bitch? I'm on the side with zyaaa, pay the man the money for putting in the leg work. After you buy one, go ahead and disect it and tell everybody what was used. And Harrington, you sound absolutely rude and ignorant in your posts.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:18 AM
bmxludwig wrote:You guys are all sissy whiners. All the guy is asking for is $45 bones and you all bitch? I'm on the side with zyaaa, pay the man the money for putting in the leg work. After you buy one, go ahead and disect it and tell everybody what was used. And Harrington, you sound absolutely rude and ignorant in your posts.

agreed very nicly put good sir

and scott dont worry us non douchbags got your back bro

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:50 AM
bmxludwig wrote:You guys are all sissy whiners. All the guy is asking for is $45 bones and you all bitch? I'm on the side with zyaaa, pay the man the money for putting in the leg work. After you buy one, go ahead and disect it and tell everybody what was used. And Harrington, you sound absolutely rude and ignorant in your posts.

You're still a cocksucker too.

Word of the day. Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:33 PM
Mr.Cavy254 wrote:

agreed very nicly put good sir

and scott dont worry us non douchbags got your back bro

Hey @!#$ you, your the douche bag

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:35 PM
LOLZ!!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:45 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:LOLZ!!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:08 PM
fawk using that 1 just get the 03-05 NON abs master for a j body its already set for our cars no issues i know a guy who installed it on his 2nd gen just go to a wrecker and get 1 if you have an 00+ your lines will be in the right spot if you have an pre 00 you will need to change your line set or re-flare the lines

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:24 PM
Like this?

Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:03 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:fawk using that 1 just get the 03-05 NON abs master for a j body its already set for our cars no issues i know a guy who installed it on his 2nd gen just go to a wrecker and get 1 if you have an 00+ your lines will be in the right spot if you have an pre 00 you will need to change your line set or re-flare the lines

the whole point of my swap was to not only do away with abs, but to save room in the engine bay and help clean things up.
the unit pictured above may be non-abs but still uses a "distribution block" which still takes up room and is in the way..IMO
which is why i didnt use it to begin with.....i wanted rid of the whole system..abs,weight,space, everything...now i just have a small shiny black master with 4 lines coming out of it and enough space to relocate msd coils to a better location. but to each his own..im not bashing the other option

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search