Relocated the ECU - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Relocated the ECU
Sunday, February 28, 2010 6:05 PM
Yes you can just remove the cruise control with no issues. Several members in my car club have now done this, and just got rid of the cruise control. They just tucked the wires into the cowel and zip tied them to the main harness thats already in there.

See below, no more cruise control, harness or wires.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:54 PM
sweet, thanks man

Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:01 PM
Great post. Just did this tonight and this post helped alot.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:15 AM
Whaen washing or pressure washing the engine bay what do I need to keep dry or not soak with water..I would like to know so I can do mine..Thanks for any help thats givin and sory if its a stupid question...
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:16 PM
EcoCav *DesertTuners.com* wrote:Yes you can just remove the cruise control with no issues. Several members in my car club have now done this, and just got rid of the cruise control. They just tucked the wires into the cowel and zip tied them to the main harness thats already in there.

See below, no more cruise control, harness or wires.

I removed my cruise control exactly like this, so simple! I also had the same idea about relocating my ECU. I just never got around to it. Great idea though makes the engine bay look SO much cleaner.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:55 PM
Ok, what if you have a 2004 LS (with factory alarm), and when i plug everything back together the mileage says 0 miles, and the motor turns but it wont stay running..
can it have something to do with alarm?I plugged both connectors back really well like 3 times. I also forgot to disconnect negative terminal. Is there a fuse or something i have to pull out. I did this tonight and my car ain't running. please help!

instagram: peru_stylez

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:01 AM
Try doing a passlock relearn.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:39 PM
Ok so what I did was close the door, try starting it then wait 10 minutes then take key off for 3 seconds then try starting it and now it runs fine. i still have 0 miles on the dash lol. i have a brand new car haha.
BTW my radio is locked and my remote doesnt work, i have to reprogram (
Last time i went to chevy dealer to program my keyless remote they charged $50. Does someone have a tech 2 in Florida???

instagram: peru_stylez

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:51 PM
Look up the key fob programming for the remote, also for the radio I believe there's a way to find it here on the org.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:27 PM
jair wrote:Look up the key fob programming for the remote, also for the radio I believe there's a way to find it here on the org.

No, 00+ radios need to be unlocked via a Tech2. Only pre 00 can be unlocked with the radio controls

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:27 AM
Nice! I am relocating mine into the car cab. It is going to be mounted below the Fan/AC controls between the drivers and passengers feet.
With my turbo build, I am having to do a couple custom fab ups. Where your ECU is located now is probably where my air filter will be.. So my ECU wouldn't be able to go there, but it sure looks cleaner man!

I like this, lets see more ECU relocation pics from everybody. I'll post mine later when I mount it.

Did you say my car looks slow??

Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:22 PM
Just remember to make sure the wires running from the firewall to the new ecu location Under the wiper bezel are positioned in such a way that the wiper hinges wont squeeze the ecu wires when activated.During a heavy rain I turned on my wipers and every time the wipers moved my engine would die as each wiper arm rotation would hit my wires .I readjusted them so that they clear the wiper hinges when in movement-problem solved and no more issues since then.

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:59 PM
Here she is...

Did you say my car looks slow??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search