Silver 04 ls status - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Silver 04 ls status
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:42 AM
Well I'm starting to get off my ass and get the parts slowly out into the garage and into the car. This past weekend I started making a gauge pod for the boost and oil pressure gauges I'm putting in once i install my GMPP supercharger kit. I'm also going to powdercoat the valve cover and fuel rail and upper mount black. On sunday I welded the spacers on the factory sliders and have the passenger side ready to bolt to my tenzo R seat and install it. any who here are some quick pics of the car and the projects......more to come.

Re: Silver 04 ls status
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:10 AM
??? Did I miss something here??

When did you get this car?

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:12 AM
I've had this one since March of 08' My red car will be gone in a month or two, as will my blazer

Monday, May 18, 2009 2:39 PM
I got the Seats installed on last Friday.

Had to run to the junk yard for some misc parts and looked for an overflow bottle for my GMPP supercharger kit
heat exchanger setup I'm going to install I found this on what looked like an 02-05 Windstar sport if anyone else wants to pick one up.
the tabs for mounting this are all flat on one side, and thats why I picked it up. I will be mounting it in the dr side wheel well.

And a little more progress on the cluster. I['[m slowly building up layers of primer and block sanding in between to get rid of the texture
before I paint it to match the car.

Monday, May 18, 2009 9:41 PM
slvrblit wrote:??? Did I miss something here??

he bought my silver cav.

nice to see it's getting some lovin

Monday, May 18, 2009 11:18 PM
Darkstars wrote:
slvrblit wrote:??? Did I miss something here??

he bought my silver cav.

nice to see it's getting some lovin

Agreed. good to know its in good hands

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:04 AM
damn I thought you were gonna use the turbo you bought off me... good luck!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:30 PM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:damn I thought you were gonna use the turbo you bought off me... good luck!

I was but I've decided I missing having a RWD car since I sold my Caprice coupe last year, and my blazer is a little top heavy. I'm looking to pick up my 95 Dakota sport since it's emmisions exempt in IL and swapping the enging/trans since the current owner hydrolocked the motor by racing through puddles.....My plan involes my welder and either a 5.3 vortec/4l60E or an LS1/4L60E and your turbo if it is not sold by the time I get the truck running again. On the plus side though I know the truck received caltracs, a detroit locker and 4.11 gears while it was out of my possesion.

My old dakota

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:51 PM
Racetronix Fuel pump just ordered.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:48 PM
Damn Jeff, you've been a busy guy! Good to see 03Supercharged's kit is finally gettin some lovin as well. Get that car together and when you plan on headin up here, you can swing by my place on your way home for brats.....and check out what I've managed to disassemble

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Friday, May 22, 2009 12:04 AM
mmmmmm......bbq

Friday, May 22, 2009 12:48 PM
JUCNBST wrote:
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:damn I thought you were gonna use the turbo you bought off me... good luck!

I was but I've decided I missing having a RWD car since I sold my Caprice coupe last year, and my blazer is a little top heavy. I'm looking to pick up my 95 Dakota sport since it's emmisions exempt in IL and swapping the enging/trans since the current owner hydrolocked the motor by racing through puddles.....My plan involes my welder and either a 5.3 vortec/4l60E or an LS1/4L60E and your turbo if it is not sold by the time I get the truck running again. On the plus side though I know the truck received caltracs, a detroit locker and 4.11 gears while it was out of my possesion.

My old dakota

That's going to be sick! Not to mention a whole lot of fun!
Sunday, May 31, 2009 1:48 PM
Well I went to investigate a knock noise and a pull under accel and decell I was getting from the front right of the car when driving....turned out to be a snapped control arm bolt....pics in suspension forum.

Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:35 AM
Well the control arm bolt is fixed. I'm going to try and get the blower installed by next Sunday working on the car durring the week after work (4am) and try in meet up at Byron dragway with skunk and some of the others.

Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:38 AM
so what did you end up doing to get the bolt out?

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Monday, June 08, 2009 4:01 AM
z yaaaa wrote:so what did you end up doing to get the bolt out?

Check out the suspension and brake forum, I posted pics so people would be able to look it up later down the road. Granted the way i removed it most people won't be able to do unless they have access to a welder...but it worked for me.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 12:21 AM
I picked up a set of GAGTACA's and some new ball joints and put them on the car today but this is the only pic I have of install. Tomarrow will be either the blower or the Racetronix pump.....

Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:32 PM
Well it's nice to see that car is getting modded. If I were to have been the papa of it...it woulda stayed stock and been a daily...who the hell am I kidding, it would have been modded to some degree.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:42 PM
i really like the seats man, did you have any trouble getting them in
Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:49 PM
what kinda rims are those? those are nice. Im picky has hell and cant find nice ones. Those are what im lookin for.

ECOtec DOHC

Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:23 PM

I like the idea of saving weight...but here's what mine turned out like....

Project Resurrection is in full swing!

Monday, June 15, 2009 5:16 AM
Skunk - Now With Petey wrote:Well it's nice to see that car is getting modded. If I were to have been the papa of it...it woulda stayed stock and been a daily...who the hell am I kidding, it would have been modded to some degree.

I told myself that it was going to be stock and I was going to finish my ovh build with having dam near every part needed minus charge piping, bigger injectors and pistons....but I parted it all out and this is the DD and once my dakota is back into my ownership, It's getting some chevy drivetrain love.

JK- none at all but I have acess to a welder and other tools so it makes things alot easier to make stuff. I used the factory sliders/brackets though.

Paul- The rims are Nippon F2 racing wheels in 16x7.5

Mythod- Very nice man

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:08 PM
Battery relocation kit ordered, and most of the gm charger kit is installed pics to follow once I find my digi cam....I lost it in the garage

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:11 PM
I know the engine is dirty but, I'm going to change the polished valve cover and rail out for something different just haven't decided yet.

Grand am gt arms

update on the cluster

and a pic of the supercharger almost done being installed on the car.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:15 PM
Nice update!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search