TheDark1 Progress Thread - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TheDark1 Progress Thread
Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:15 PM
finished one of the panels today. I ended up running out of the original material and cant get anymore. So I was forced to use some other material. Its a dark metallic silver/black material that I had laying around. Actually goes ok with the other material. not to worried about it tho. Also replaced the 4x6's with 6.5's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:16 PM

Monday, June 22, 2009 12:49 PM
Well I sold the tokico hp strut and spring kit and picked up a set of adjustable AGX struts and Eibach Pro kit. Should be here on wed. . Will post pics when shes lowered. hopefully this weekend

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:46 PM
Got my suspension in today. Got a hell of a deal on these.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:34 AM
More pics!! I'm really diggin' the direction you're headed in with this car.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:06 AM
very nice!

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:57 AM
panels are hooooooooooooottttttttttttt!

Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:08 PM
Just a quick pic I took the other day

The suspension is done she was lowered on Sunday. Still working on the wheels, almost ready to be painted. The eyelids I put on hold for now until I have the time. shes coming along nicely.

Will post more pics when the wheels are on.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:00 PM
Finished the wheels today. They came out pretty good. There are a few small knicks on 2 of them. But other then that they look good.Waiting a few days for the paint to cure before mounting them. Im looking for another z wheel for a spare. If anyone has one they would like to sell let me know.

Heres one in the sun

Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:58 PM
What do you guys think of this. Or should I Leave them the way they are.

Monday, July 13, 2009 12:10 AM
^not bad. try it. can always peel off the vinyl!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, July 13, 2009 12:53 AM
those wheels came out great!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 13, 2009 7:44 AM
02_redbadged wrote:^not bad. try it. can always peel off the vinyl!

Yea true. ill give a try and see how it looks.

Monday, July 13, 2009 7:47 AM
are you gonna paint the lips black ,if you do thatd be hot

Monday, July 13, 2009 11:39 AM
Wheels look amazing, NIce job! What kind of paint did you use on the wheels?
Monday, July 13, 2009 12:28 PM
Shawn Perrault wrote:Wheels look amazing, NIce job! What kind of paint did you use on the wheels?

I used Universal Gold Dupli-Color engine Paint with Ceramic. I did my blazer wheels in silver 2 years ago and still look like the day I painted them. Really good tough paint.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:29 AM
Dang man.. ide put the pontiac stickers on their, would make a nice little touch. The whole car looks amazing... very...very... VERY clean.

I REALY want to see those dang wheels on there... what you wrapping them in?
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:00 PM
GTmatters wrote:Dang man.. ide put the pontiac stickers on their, would make a nice little touch. The whole car looks amazing... very...very... VERY clean.

I REALY want to see those dang wheels on there... what you wrapping them in?

I picked up some Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires in a 225/55/r16. All weather which is needed around here. Got all 4 for the price of 1, So I cant complain. I should have them on this saturday. waiting for the paint to cure.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:44 PM
Haha i hear you, i live in central pa so i know the weather in Pa pretty well.

I actually think i have been in Pottstown to be honest...
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:32 PM
Nice! Hurry up & get those on so we can get pics together before all of my paint falls off! I vote no Pontiac decal, but they would look okay on there too. I'd just be bugged if they were all at different positions, or always upside down when I parked or whatever haha

Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:35 PM
stargrrrl wrote:Nice! Hurry up & get those on so we can get pics together before all of my paint falls off! I vote no Pontiac decal, but they would look okay on there too. I'd just be bugged if they were all at different positions, or always upside down when I parked or whatever haha

yea I know what your saying. my ocd will kick in if there in differnt positions, LOL. Ill give it a try and see how it looks. I can always peel them off.

Im looking in getting Ryan's Turbo Sport hood next weekend. That would finish the car off for now. Hopefully we can meet up sometime in the next few weeks for some pics.

All that is left to do is window tint and finish the sound system and maybe a 2003+ sunfire dash top swap.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:25 PM
The rims came out great. However, those tires are going to be pretty tall, and I'm betting you're going to rub bad when it's lowered. I'd consider selling them and getting the right size (225/50 or 205/55).

I like the Pontiac logo on them. It's a nice finishing touch.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:48 PM
^^^ agreed on both counts

I love the black and bronze idea, reminds me of the second gen trans ams. Can't wait to see them in rubber.

I'm always afraid of painting rims. What process did you use? Strip em, or just sand em? Clear coat? Etc.

Friday, July 17, 2009 7:11 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:^^^ agreed on both counts

I love the black and bronze idea, reminds me of the second gen trans ams. Can't wait to see them in rubber.

I'm always afraid of painting rims. What process did you use? Strip em, or just sand em? Clear coat? Etc.

They were in pretty good shape when I got them so I just sanded them down. A few light coats of filler primer. A a few light to medium coats of paint. I will be spraying them with some clear today. im using the duplicolor wheel clear.

Friday, July 17, 2009 9:08 AM
It's just a thought, but...

Friday, July 17, 2009 9:52 AM
Dude that looks amazing . that never crossed my mind. Guess Im going to be doing more work. What would look better gloss black or flat black? Im thinking flat

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search