Updates and Photos, Pre-bash surprise. Lots-o-Pics(May need to use IE) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updates and Photos, Pre-bash surprise. Lots-o-Pics(May need to use IE)
Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:17 PM
Well I've been doing some small things roughly every weekend to make this car more enjoyable and was out today testing some new photo spots and revisiting some old ones and figured I'd just post them along with showing some new updates. Figure I'll show the updates first.

I don't think I ever really posted a picture of my engine bay, for reason there is nothing special going on there but anyway.
I've had my Ecu and Battery relocated for a year at least. Just recently relocated the Cruise Control Module into the Windshield Cowl Panel. I feel it is a fiarly stock feeling relocation and I love it. Obviously is more work but I am happy with it.

To go with that, I painted my valve cover deep black, smoothed the ignition cover and painted it the same, along with having the fuel rail powder coated super wet black(the gloss is amazing)
Ignore the TB piece, it is in process of being smoothed and going deep black.. just haven't gotten to it yet lol.

Also took part in the Eibach GP and scored a set of Eibach Sway Bars cheap and managed to get the rear installed today

I have yet to install more suspension goodies. I have the OEM Rear Tie bar which I am still having some complications with and may need to send back again to be fixed..
For everything else the plan is to drop the sub-frame and do all at once. Here are those parts
RKSport Upper Mount, took it apart and sent it in to get the super wet powder coat treatment as well. Haven't installed mainly because its not rushed.. the stock one is already black and does well for now lol

RKSport Lower Dogbone Mount, just painted it black with the valve cover, for no reason really. Just had it

I managed to get in John Benham's Aluminum Control Arm GP and get these. Took them to my favorite powder coater for a treatment of silver. Haven't taken them in to work yet to press in the larger bushings.

Then also have laying around the TTR K-Brace and their Manual Tranny mounts to go with it. Along with the Eibach Front Sway Bar awaiting as well.

Thats most of the updates. Also have one little one I have showed a few already. I know I will probably get some hate for it but hey what the hell.
IPP/AGV Racing Carbon fiber hood. Not common at all and for the price I didn't want to let it go. Got it brand new from Jack at AGV as which he told me this hood will soon be discontinued due to not being able to sell. This is their first one they made and been showing it at their shows or w/e. Due to that it had some scratches and the clear epoxy resin they used had pinholes.. So I made sure to take care of that, Brought it into work one weekend and sprayed 4 coats of clear coat on it, wet sanded with 1500,2000, 3000 and buffed to a like new finish. Still some small imperfections from some pinholes that didn't get completely filled but otherwise outside it looks nice. Definitely worried about it coming up on me though after driving home at 75 with it on.. Sadly aerocatch latches dont look like they will want to sit right on the 03+ hoods

Anyway here are some photos I took today, may recognize some locations from past photos

As I was leaving that spot, I don't know if anyone remembers marc(illd9), anyway he had a picture of his car dog legging with the rear sway bar, ever since I have wanted to try to copy that picture.. I managed to see this incline and figured I'd give it a shot and it was just great lol.

This one was a failed spot, only got one picture.. Looked better from the road then got to it and realized I couldnt get as close as I wanted to the bridge

Then back to my trusty spot down the street from my house. I use it all the time, actually plan on posting pictures in Other Cars of my Step-dad's bike I just finished painting/building which i took photos here of that as well lol.

Now the guy who just posted his GTO in here did this little trick with the hood being transparent a bit to show the engine, and I remember back with Aaron(Phlatcav) had his old sedan, he did the same thing and I've always wanted to do it whenever I got a tripod and had a decent engine bay so I made sure to try it out for fun too

Car is dirty due to last week of nothing but rain..but thats why I love silver Don't have time to clean it till Thursday since I took that day off with intentions to going to the bash thursday but ended up deciding to just wait till Friday. Also last Friday sadly I managed to get pulled over and ticketed $215 for running a stop light. Which I went through a green/yellow light actually but its his word against mine, probably pay it and be done with it..

Anyway there we go. those are my updates. Future includes nothing as of yet but possibly putting stock wheels and hood back on. May disappear from the "scene" and work on other aspects of my life. Getting wore out a bit with really nothing to show for it so figure I'll wait till things get better and go from there.

Re: Updates and Photos, Pre-bash surprise. Lots-o-Pics(May need to use IE)
Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:27 PM
Looking great coming along very nicely I must say!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:33 PM
nice man, looks good!

I like this car. The ls rear with 00+ tails makes me anxious to get mine finished

I'm keeping my 95-99 tails tho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:43 PM

Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:34 PM
looks amazing

love the car and the engine bay

Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:38 PM
Engine bay looks great! Hood looks awesome actually too!

Can't wait for the bash!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:00 PM
Sick man I like the locales

Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:07 PM
i love it! silver ftw!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:24 PM
either way you still suck. pics of the reflections off teh c/f in some make it almost look fake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:39 PM
agree^^ about the still sucking part!! hahahha

i personaly think some diff wheels would help the overall look a lot.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:34 PM
Nice parts list

Car looks good

Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:52 PM
looking good!!

love the cruise relocation! might have to consider that for my sedan.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:13 PM
SEXY!!!!!!! I love the hood with those rims! And How's the sway bar feel? I need a set...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:23 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the hood. I quite like it. I like the whole car, really. It's showy without being ridiculous.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:34 PM
No front plate is good, but it needs bumper plugs.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:56 PM
looking good

Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:29 PM
Dude!!! I love those jackstands.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:30 PM
Looks awsome, i love this car.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:34 PM
Skunk - Now With Petey wrote:Dude!!! I love those jackstands.

agreed.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:03 PM

im feeling it bud..!

Monday, June 15, 2009 4:29 AM
looking good

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 15, 2009 5:37 AM
pretty freakn awesome.

see you at the bash!!!

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:05 AM
z yaaaa wrote:pretty freakin awesome.

see you at the bash!!!

ditto. haven't seen you in like 2 years. lovin the additions. now get ur butt out there and enjoy it.

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:39 AM
and i jizzed in my pants >.>
so clean loving it

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:56 AM
I really really hate silver BUT this car looks beautiful

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:04 AM
looks really good man. Looking forward to looking it over with you!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search