Scrape By The Lake car show - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scrape By The Lake car show
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:00 AM
Well I went to Scrape By The Lake in Vinland Ontario this past Sunday it was a great show had to have been over 500 cars.

I took home 3rd place Cavalier 99 and older

I took some pics of some of the j-bodies that were there, but I also missed a few.

Re: Scrape By The Lake car show
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:05 AM
lol at that steering wheel.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:38 AM
lots of hott cars in here

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:46 AM
Damn some of those Js are tight.

Should have solicited the org and told them to get on hither.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:49 AM
Yea Nice J's. I didn't know people still take their steering wheels off

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:21 AM
I wish that Northstar Cavy would stop hitting shows and start hitting the track

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:43 AM
z yaaaa Online
i cannot fathom how there could be a cavalier class... let alone more than one splitting years up. just boggles the mind.

some nice cars there. what i like is how one of the best and neatest ones had the hood shut and windows rolled up. W T F? i guess the guy doesnt understand the concept of showing your car off?

PFFT secret cams?! pm me if you want a real upgrade.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:58 PM
Maybe they don't have anything to show? =P

Was that v8 in a j? I ment to ask sooner lol.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:00 PM
Yep, Caddy Northstar in a J.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:25 PM
That is insane... dang... bet it takes a mile to turn it though. =P
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:47 PM
too bad i missed it this year.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:49 PM
The show was huge this year, cant believe how much it keeps growing!

D-Mac wrote:I wish that Northstar Cavy would stop hitting shows and start hitting the track

Lol, hear that all the time. I enjoy cruising it and at this point have no plans to run it at the track- maybe when the driving season is almost over so when something breaks i can worry about it over the winter.

Phewes wrote:too bad i missed it this year.

It is too bad. Would have been nice to see you guys again.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:12 PM
I want this steering wheel!!

Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:19 PM
D-Mac wrote:I wish that Northstar Cavy would stop hitting shows and start hitting the track

you make it sound like that car will FLY down the track but really the northstar isn't as powerfull as some think
300hp and 295 ft lbs
i would say a low 13s high 12s maybe no idea what the car weighs now with att the tubbing and suspenion changes

i personally if i owned that car i wouldn't track it. seeing that car in person its something else put it that way. that car until somone does something crazier is definatly a show car just how its put together.
I'M NOT SAYING ITS ALL SHOW AND NO GO, i'm not saying that at all it will GO thats for sure but if i had it i would show that off

i would just enjoy driving it and showing it, i have only put 5 passes on my carand i built mine to beat on, maybe its just me, but deffinatly that car is on of my favorites THATS FOR SURE untill and LS9 swap is done

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:28 PM
very nice cavs and I really like the blue,red and black sunfires..
Friday, July 24, 2009 4:12 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i cannot fathom how there could be a cavalier class... let alone more than one splitting years up. just boggles the mind.

some nice cars there. what i like is how one of the best and neatest ones had the hood shut and windows rolled up. W T F? i guess the guy doesnt understand the concept of showing your car off?

yeah kinda surprised at that as well. 500-600 cars down here would likely only get you a j-body mild class.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 24, 2009 9:50 AM

i never knew they made this hood for the 03 up model. hmmm

some really nice cars there. wish i had that around here

Friday, July 24, 2009 11:24 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i cannot fathom how there could be a cavalier class... let alone more than one splitting years up. just boggles the mind.

Oh Aaron knows how to show his car off... He's the type of guy that will drive down to Boston HIN to show his car. At this particular point of ths show it was about to rain... hense why most of the car's/trucks around him had their windows up as well....If I owned that car, I'd have the windows up as well in conditions like that. The guy even has Carbon Fiber lower seat belt bolt covers... I mean come on!!!!! it goes to show how much detailing he has done to this car.... too bad there isn't shots of his completly polished engine bay and supercharger. Aarons car will always be my fav car. Truly an inspiration.
A
nd I know all of this... cause I'm the lucky bastard that is looking in his trunk with my arms crossed in that particular picture lol.

His board name is flipspeed if anyone is wondering and took home 1st place.

and Brad I know you were just being modiest, I'd think the same if I didnt understand the situation.

It was a great show... took the full day to get around to all the cars in the show.

Friday, July 24, 2009 1:31 PM
Yeah that car is bad ass, and people say stickers are rice.

I think blue/carbon fiber cars pull it off the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 24, 2009 1:32 PM
Friday, July 24, 2009 1:51 PM
GTmatters wrote:

I think blue/carbon fiber cars pull it off the best.

for some reason i agree with ya lol

Friday, July 24, 2009 3:10 PM
Haha, you make it sound like it pains you to say. lawl

Friday, July 24, 2009 6:52 PM
i love it , i also want an autobot steering wheel

Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:12 AM
omg the first car..... the blue sunfire, where n how can i get thos fukjdm decals. i need them badly as the small town im from only sports 1 j, me. and the rest are hondas/acuras..... please guide me to the greatness lol.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:44 AM
Betah watch it them V-TAKS Gunna be muggin you mang and they might start a scrap.^^^^^^

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:08 AM
lol no we are all cool down here we alll hang out together lol. but they would love to c that. still looking how to get sum of those tho.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search