My build up - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My build up
Friday, April 10, 2009 8:31 PM
Tell me what you think, next mods inline: Neon Rear disc conversion, motor swap, new suspension and unroll my skirts, oh yeah i also want to put a 95-99 ls rear bumper on it (canadian z24 i believe):

For those of you who don't know me my name is Mike, I reside in Kissimmee, FL (Polk County) and Im part of Daily Driven Kustomz

Many of you may know me as Torres from J-body.org or krazey on clubcavalier before the server crash.

I have received many questions on my car so I felt it was time to show you my project, I hope you enjoy and feedback (positive or negative) would be greatly appreciated. Thx guys, enjoy!

This is the day I bought the car $500 as she sits, pretty clean with minimal rust on some dents:

First Mod:

Bad Idea lol

FART CAN!!!!

No more hubcaps

Element sticker from my skating days:

And now ultra mods: (pics are small sorry, I had a cheap phone before)

Fixing rear quarter panel:

Bumper recoating:

Lowered (crappy suspension) and prepping for paint:

New headlights:

PAINT!!!!!!!!:

Vid of my old fart can ( i now have a magnaflow performance little tiny stock looking thing)

No more fart can:

New rims and z bumper after hit and run:

Car as she sits (minus the interior i just redid):

had to rock blue steelies for a month it was the worst

Should I??:

New Fogs Finally!!!

Mellow Yellow:

Well that is all for now, new pics of interior coming soon, and Ill update this with any projects that I do, I have one coming up this week, ill post for all to see.

Re: My build up
Friday, April 10, 2009 9:07 PM
who the hell would drive a teal cav?>

me !! lol

Friday, April 10, 2009 9:21 PM
its le mans blue i'd have you know! lol

Ive always loved the color on the corvettes so i got it done on my car :-)

Friday, April 10, 2009 9:37 PM
looks great thank you for not putting a huge front bumper on.
i say try the badge if it looks bad take it off.

once again great job

Friday, April 10, 2009 10:07 PM
wow nice car for $500, definitely like what ya did now ya just have to do the eco swap for sure. those blue steelies are so hideous Iol
Friday, April 10, 2009 10:11 PM
i dont hate it!

loving the sunfire real bezel. more pics of this please!

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Friday, April 10, 2009 11:28 PM
Ha thanks guys, more pics to come soon, Im hoping to get some rolling shots tomorrow. I wanted to do an Eco swap but its a 95 and I've heard nothing but horror stories with that swap on a 95. You know what they say, "Never get the first year of any generation" the things in this car are totally different than the 96-05, you have to see how big my ABS module is lol!!

For now my plans are an LD9 swap, if I could somehow by some strange miracle find an ecotec donor car for dirt cheap then I'll do it.

I actually just changed the rear sunfire bezel, I deleted the inners on it and it looks tits I'll have pics tomorrw, but it is going to be removed, I am going to vht the inners (when i get a new bezel from the junk yard tomorrow) and have the inners act as a third brake light...this will help me get closer to converting my interior from tan to black/graphite, like i said more pics soon, interior pics too!

Thx for the feedback guys

Friday, April 10, 2009 11:48 PM
no to the bowtie!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, April 10, 2009 11:57 PM
Nice, reminds me of my car.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:21 AM
AZ24Ncav wrote:who the hell would drive a teal cav?>
me !! lol

I hate teal cavs.....
ahahahah

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:24 AM
look for an ecotec from car-parts.com. you can find the motor, condition and any other part of the car from there in and around your area with prices. goodluck and great looking car. first couple pics had be goin oh no. but you saved it nicely! lol

Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:25 AM
looks good man, very fast progress.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:47 AM
Hmm I'll see about the Eco cuz I really love those motors and would prefer it over the LD9 (even though its way better than my 2.2)

Thanks CLC, I just have some things to fix up here and there, hoping to have almost everything done (maybe not the swap) by the J-show and before we go to the bash.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:34 AM
its nice i realy like it must be nice to be in florda rust free cars lol
Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:27 AM
I thought that looked like le mans blue. I really like where this thing is headed. I'm not really a fan of the black 'lip' around the bumper though. Other than that, nice sig.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:05 PM
Overal looks good. I think it needs side moldings, and loose the sunfire bezel, but still looks good. Has come along way in a short time.

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:31 PM
Not really feeling the sunfire bezel, I'd get a CF trunk and hood to go with your teal/black theme.

Otherwise, lookin good man. You turned that car around.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:10 PM
i like what yourve done. i like the sunfire bezel and i think the badge would look good also. the color of the car is tits IMO. very nice build!

Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:14 PM
i just deleted the inserts on the sunfire bezel and it looks tits, Ill show u guys soon

Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:38 PM
Nice ride.

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:32 PM
ThatGuy85 wrote:Not really feeling the sunfire bezel, I'd get a CF trunk and hood to go with your teal/black theme.

Otherwise, lookin good man. You turned that car around.

CF trunk is very very soon on the list, im just focusing on performace and suspension now, 2 things I have let pass me by in the past, my engine bay is a mess now!

on another note here is what i did the other day:

I have a new hornets nest that I have never noticed and i had about 3 or 4 land and die in the clear coat and smeared stuff everywhere, I was PISSED!!!!!

So heres what I decided to do:

I love the way it looks but I have come up with another idea.

In Florida depending on how new your car is you are required a third brake light, I have a z24 rear dash I want to put in (cuz its black) and I do not want to cut it to fit my light and I do not want a spoiler on this car so I have decided to pick up another bezel (still searching) and vht it (its actually another company i use, vht fades, or so ive heard). I will reblack it out and the inners will only be seen when I press the brakes thus giving me my THIRD BRAKE LIGHT, w0ot!

Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:22 PM
Lookin good, I dig it.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, April 13, 2009 11:05 AM
man yours is hott whitecavy, that intercooler makes me jealous all the time.

Monday, April 13, 2009 1:05 PM
I have seen Z24's with the tird light in the rear deck, but they don't enforce that law anyways.

Sorry still not feeling the bezel. I think it would look better without, but still liking the car.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 13, 2009 1:43 PM
John Higgins wrote:I have seen Z24's with the third light in the rear deck, but they don't enforce that law anyways.

word i told him it dont matter, lol

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search