I never thought the day would come - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I never thought the day would come
Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:51 AM
Thanks! No updates yet...the snowstorm has kinda ruined my palns for the car this weekend. So itll probably be after christmas before I get to work on the car again.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:34 AM
Well this is where the car sits as of now, itll be til after the holiday before I work on it again.

On the upside while searching under my bed I found my set of LO cams and HOs. I was going to use the LO exhaust to sell as part of a pair of secret cams I had listed in the classifieds. When I bought these I knew alot less than I do now. First thing i noticed today was that these were the older style smooth cam housings. Popped em open looked at the casting number and go figure....they are the 87-88 cams I have been searching for for a looooong time. They have been under my bed for like 3 years.

These have good torque making specs.
duration at 50 lift
Intake 212 .340
Exhasut 212 .350

So its time to break out one of my hex inserts and modify this sucker. ohhh torque here I come.

Friday, January 01, 2010 6:35 PM
Any updates?

Friday, January 01, 2010 7:14 PM
None yet. I plan on working on it for a while tomorrow. I hope to get the back side of the timing cover off and swap the heads. Im still need to get my hex insert in my intake cam.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 9:22 AM
subscribing this seems interesting

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:00 PM
Grrrrrr after all the snow I forgot my HO intake and larger throttle body were sitting under the car.....today when I looked they were there and I said i need to put those somewhere. I didnt right away and go figure some @!#$ stole them and my underdrive pulley. I dont really need them for this build but god help them if I figure out who they are and I see them on my property again. I mean its my fault for leaving them out but dont touch my stuff. On the bright side the pulley was wairing and taking out my crank seal so maybe just maybe itll rip theirs out n blow their engine due to lack of oil.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search