Supporting Mods - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supporting Mods
Friday, January 22, 2010 4:30 PM
Well had some shorter notice than i expected to get my car ready for Fetter to take over on so I had to bust ass and get some parts ordered. while it was in the air i calibrated my wbo2 and changed the fuel filter.

Started out with the Racetronix pump w/ harness. Easy as can be. was more of a pain taking the tank out than swapping the fuel pump. so glad i got the harness. super easy to connect once i fixed my brain fart. but it was all click together and zip tie to the car. super easy. primed first key turn and started right up first time.

then i found an LS1 TB for $50 that im going to send out as a core for a port and polished one.

what goes on this side of these holes?

Since im keeping my 2.25" charge pipes for now i had to track down a 4" for the LS1 TB to a 2.25" for the charge pipes. found one and I think it looks goofy as hell but will serve its function.

now i still need to figure out what size injectors i need, and what style of clips i need also. then the car goes down to fetter for one of his custom intake manifolds. then off to ryan for a tune, and then ill know what it can do and will have numbers!

what i dont have pics of is my friends dad is making me a gauge pod for above the steering wheel for my digi tach. ill get pics of that once i get it back.

side note, anyone know how to get the tilt wheel lever off an 04? it doesnt have the flat spots for a wrench and i really dont want to clamp vice grips on it and marr it up with the teeth. any ideas? need to get it off to sand it and interior match it.

and some car pics of how its sitting right now.

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 22, 2010 5:13 PM

Re: Supporting Mods
Friday, January 22, 2010 4:41 PM
Can't wait to see what your car puts down, it's going to some very capable hands As for the tilt lever you could always wrap the vice grips with tape or maybe a rag to help prevent it other than that not sure.

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:47 PM
telling you man 880cc go big safe then sorry imho...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:48 PM
Any other pictures of the fuel pump install?

FU Tuning

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:53 PM
Clipzed Z24 wrote:Can't wait to see what your car puts down, it's going to some very capable hands As for the tilt lever you could always wrap the vice grips with tape or maybe a rag to help prevent it other than that not sure.

yeah thats what im going to try to do... thanks for the help. figure you may have done it once or twice

Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:telling you man 880cc go big safe then sorry imho...

already looking at these instead of the 650's, just need to know if they are the right connector or where to buy the connectors for the stock injector harness. i know nothing about wiring up injectors.
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FI114992&eq=FI114992-4&Tp=

Too Whiney wrote:Any other pictures of the fuel pump install?

no sorry, i was going to but it was just me so taking pics as i did it i would have got gas all over my camera and its worth too much to get gas on haha. it was super simple, i just used the how to on here and was cake. hardest part was getting the damn tank out... make sure its EMPTY EMPTY and running on fumes to make it easier but damn was it a pita. but all there is are 3 hose connections for venting and fuel lines, one hose clamp for the fill hose, and 2 connectors for the stock sending unit. once its on the ground, there is a metal retaining ring you just pound counter clockwise and it releases the pump, follow the how to and re assemble same way. the harness was STUPID easy. would never do it again without it. never.

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:56 PM
looks amazing!!! I wish i had more know how with what parts help with what ect... i learn as i go. very impressive though!

Friday, January 22, 2010 4:57 PM
Oh I have had the tank down, and replaced a stock pump before. Did you have to modify your pump, and the holder as the how to shows to get the pump in? Or did it just slide in?

FU Tuning

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:03 PM
Too Whiney wrote:Oh I have had the tank down, and replaced a stock pump before. Did you have to modify your pump, and the holder as the how to shows to get the pump in? Or did it just slide in?

regardless you have to shave down the humps inside the housing. now for notching the red housing out, i did not. my pump was burried all the way down in the thing and it took a lot of force to get it there. i dont see it moving ever. if it does, at that time ill mod the housing but i was confident it didnt need it.

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:07 PM
Fox-02 Ecotec- wrote:looks amazing!!! I wish i had more know how with what parts help with what ect... i learn as i go. very impressive though!

basically i was pushing the limits of the stock pump at 13psi so i had to upgrade, im not sure of the flow numbers of this pump but its a f-body pump so from what i read it handles enough. and the harness just ensures that the pump sees 14v not 12v since i read the stock pump can only take around 350hp.

ls1 tb = more air flow. granted my charge pipes will be restricting it some, the tb will be what i want on the intake manifold so im only going to do the intake manifold with a ls1 tb flange, as far as the porting and polishing of them, it just smooths the inside of it. and they knife edge the butterfly, as well as smooth down the screws and screw heads on the butterfly. then they grind the bump stop down some too so that it opens up more.

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:14 PM
Very excited to see what this engine puts down.

Don't blow her up before tune!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, January 22, 2010 5:32 PM
did you ever consider going 2.25" hot side and 3" cold side tubes?

Also 80# is 880cc

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:43 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Very excited to see what this engine puts down.

Don't blow her up before tune!

idle a/f is 11.0- 11.5, so super rich at idle.
cruising 70-75 is 14.3 so it should be safe cruising to STL.

Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:did you ever consider going 2.25" hot side and 3" cold side tubes?

Also 80# is 880cc

875 cc
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FI114992&eq=&Tp=

and i thought about changing just the cold side but i kinda want them to match if i go to do them over.

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:47 PM
Looks good Vince!! Steppin your game up! Btw, can you lemme know the part# for that pump and relay kit? I can't see it all from the pic

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, January 22, 2010 6:01 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Looks good Vince!! Steppin your game up! Btw, can you lemme know the part# for that pump and relay kit? I can't see it all from the pic

its going to be a big change in power this year... ill see you at the track at the bash

here is the how to thread i used... VERY helpful
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=440305&t=434889&p=1

and fuel pump link where i got it.
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

get it with harness, came out to be like $230 shipped. well worth it.

Friday, January 22, 2010 6:21 PM
drooooools! enough said!

Friday, January 22, 2010 6:44 PM
thank you for the detailed explanation!
best of luck wrapping it all together and a sweet vid or some numbers when you get them would rock!

Friday, January 22, 2010 8:07 PM
Quote:

side note, anyone know how to get the tilt wheel lever off an 04? it doesnt have the flat spots for a wrench and i really dont want to clamp vice grips on it and marr it up with the teeth. any ideas? need to get it off to sand it and interior match it.

I broke mine when I tried to take it off. It was like super duper glued in there, and I tried everything I could think of, and by the time I started using the vice grips, which did marr it a bit, it snapped in two. Pesky little thing. If you do end up using vice grips, put some cloth down, and I think that its better to have to try once very hard than 100x very softly... you'll do much less damage in the end. I'm pretty sure they started using a different glue on the handle at some point, as I've heard that for others they can just take it off by hand without a problem.

To get a replacement from GM it's like 70bucks CAD. I need to make a trip to the junkyard someday.

And I'm jealous of how good your car looks there man!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Friday, January 22, 2010 8:10 PM
ill take some vid once its tuned and on the dyno. im really looking forward to it. clutch will be the next thing after tuning. i wanted a broke in clutch for tuning, its just a stock replacement so i hope it holds. i didnt want to go down with a brand new one and put it through hell on the dyno. 2 years ago i put down 225/225 stock motor 6.5 psi with a nasty exhaust leak. hoping to beat that we will see where i end up at. hope to dyno at the bash and race at the track. i believe both the tuning dyno and the bash dyno are dyno dynamics (aka hearbreakers) because they are really good at reading true hp. i might run a dynojet pull just to see the hyped up numbers lol. and then claim thats what its got

thanks guys. its come a long way!

Friday, January 22, 2010 8:59 PM
LOL yeah i think you will beat 225. just by a tad. with a fetter intake, a ryan tune, and that engine... you had better be well on you're way to 500.

as for the tilt lever... that is odd, mine just unscrew on and off pretty easily. maybe in 03-05 they did glue them on like stated above? and 95-99 didnt get said glue??

also i am pretty sure you would know what the TPS and IAC are but just in case thats what those holes are on the side of the tb are for...

maybe i missed what you meant?

anyways, looking good man. regardless of how i think of you personally, you do build one hell of a car. keep up the good work.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Friday, January 22, 2010 9:03 PM
z yaaaa wrote:LOL yeah i think you will beat 225. just by a tad. with a fetter intake, a ryan tune, and that engine... you had better be well on you're way to 500.

as for the tilt lever... that is odd, mine just unscrew on and off pretty easily. maybe in 03-05 they did glue them on like stated above? and 95-99 didnt get said glue??

also i am pretty sure you would know what the TPS and IAC are but just in case thats what those holes are on the side of the tb are for...

maybe i missed what you meant?

anyways, looking good man. regardless of how i think of you personally, you do build one hell of a car. keep up the good work.

im guessing 450 on the WAY HIGH side, just because no point setting something you cant hit. either way, i want around 350-400 on the street.

tilt lever, im working on it still

and on the LS1 tb its actually tps and EGR.

and thanks

Friday, January 22, 2010 9:16 PM
I see 450 as a real easy number to hit.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010 9:39 PM
limiting factors:
2.5" exhaust (might do a cutout)
2.25" charge pipes
Stock ignition
Stock clutch

Friday, January 22, 2010 10:21 PM
Yay! I like it.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:(might do a cutout)

Send you pics of mine Monday, wiring is done.

Friday, January 22, 2010 10:33 PM
Its tps and iac same throttle body i have on my car . 450whp Will be pushing those stock sleeves 400whp is a better estimate.

Friday, January 22, 2010 10:47 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Yay! I like it.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:(might do a cutout)

Send you pics of mine Monday, wiring is done.

not sure if i have room for it in the cav. with the electric motor, might have to put it behind my resonator, it goes from downpipe to flex pipe right away.

and i guess i need to find an iac...

Ricardo Rosario wrote:Its tps and iac same throttle body i have on my car . 450whp Will be pushing those stock sleeves 400whp is a better estimate.

according to todd and jon it will handle above 450

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 22, 2010 11:14 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search