Supporting Mods - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Monday, April 12, 2010 2:46 PM
last i heard, no word from hpt still...

Monday, April 12, 2010 4:28 PM
I have talked to Ryan about your issues and I think it is a ECU problem as well. I also agree the fuel issue could be what he mentioned, or a power drop issue.

I can also say I have had some tuning issues with a 2004 ECU as well. Makes you think, but doubt they are related.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 12, 2010 5:05 PM
well i will have an ecu sent out hopefully tomorrow. Probably wont next day air in since it will take 2 days anyway... but he will atleast have an ecu he should be able to tune. it sucks because he just filled the tank with gas too i wish the car was here and id be working on it until it was done. but it sucks because i cant even help them work on it...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:21 AM
Still no email returned yet, but I did get a reply on HPT forum.... LOL... http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28604

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:43 AM
yeah I read that too. You caught him in the"I'm back" period but still flooded. Either way Ecu ships out today

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:23 PM
I got a response about an hour ago.... They gave me an updated Beta version to see if it fixes the scanner issues. I will know more tomorrow. If so, great.... Still need to figure out the fueling issues.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:49 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:I got a response about an hour ago.... They gave me an updated Beta version to see if it fixes the scanner issues. I will know more tomorrow. If so, great.... Still need to figure out the fueling issues.

how do you go about draining the tank? pull the feed line up front and run the pump into gas cans?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:58 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:I got a response about an hour ago.... They gave me an updated Beta version to see if it fixes the scanner issues. I will know more tomorrow. If so, great.... Still need to figure out the fueling issues.

how do you go about draining the tank? pull the feed line up front and run the pump into gas cans?

that's how we drained mine.

Member of J-body of Michigan. For Sale
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:02 PM
^^^ holy crap thats an amazing idea. i cant believe i never thought of that!!!

*goes out and drains the gas thats been rusting my tank for over a year

thanks, boys!

All I want... is a little of the good life
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:04 PM
i have a good idea once in a while. now i just wish i had a good idea how to fix the car...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:33 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

If the scanner issue gets resolved, that could be a possible way. If not, what I usually do is stick a hose into the filler neck and take an air compressor and blow at the end of the line.... It causes a suction and then drains out the filler neck.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:32 PM
The never tanks have a valve in them not sure if that works.

Sory to say I think the tank needs to come down.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:28 PM
wrote:The never tanks have a valve in them not sure if that works.

With the right hose, and the right technique, it can be done. This the way I used to do it at the dealer.

Ok... I finally got the scanner issues worked out. HPT sent a new Beta to me that required me to delete all my previous software and now the problem seems to have solved itself. I am happy about that. Now for fuel issues. After checking all voltages and even throwing another gauge and deadheading the pump again, still have very little fuel pressure. The tank has to come down. Once the fuel issue is resolved, the easy part(tuning) can be done.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:49 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
wrote:The never tanks have a valve in them not sure if that works.

With the right hose, and the right technique, it can be done. This the way I used to do it at the dealer.

Ok... I finally got the scanner issues worked out. HPT sent a new Beta to me that required me to delete all my previous software and now the problem seems to have solved itself. I am happy about that. Now for fuel issues. After checking all voltages and even throwing another gauge and deadheading the pump again, still have very little fuel pressure. The tank has to come down. Once the fuel issue is resolved, the easy part(tuning) can be done.

good to hear as well as bad to hear. my ONLY idea with the issue if its the pump is that crush clamp that goes on the i believe feed line. but if that hose came off, would i even have fuel pressure at all?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:23 PM
Glade to hear you got the scanner issue taken care of. Hope you get the fuel issue fixed and get this thing tuned....
Friday, April 16, 2010 7:11 AM
Update?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, April 16, 2010 8:13 AM
WHITECAVY(the bash falln one) wrote:Update?
I need to pull the tank. I was going to do it last night, but I had a fever and was feeling like sh!t. Don't feel much better today, but may try to do it later tonight if I feel better. I need to head out to Fetter's to finish up some thing on my car so I can get it back home tomorrow for a car show on Sunday. My Wife is starting back to school on Monday and we decided to go to a show together before she goes back since we don't know when the next time we will be able to show together again will be. So, that being said, hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will know more about what is going on inside the tank.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, April 16, 2010 9:03 AM
Oh ok, damn you guys are busy lol. Good luck to you guys in the car show.

306 TQ
Friday, April 16, 2010 1:30 PM
im just glad my car is in the best hands possible. thats the only thing keeping me from freaking out lol.

Friday, April 16, 2010 2:22 PM

need i say more lol

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:15 PM
Why do all the J body bad asses have to live so Fing far away from me LOL

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:39 PM
come to bash, nuff said lol....

sounds like lafngass has the same low pressure issue i do...

Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:18 PM
Venturi line came off the pump. Erin called me on Ryan's phone and told me she dropped the tank for me and it was the black line. Makes me feel a ton better. Gotta love those guys. They have a car show on Sunday so tuning will be Monday he thought.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:33 PM
Good to hear, glad it was something simple.

306 TQ
Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:51 AM
and on the 7th day, god created fuel pressure! @!#$ that resting bull@!#$

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search