Supporting Mods - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:54 AM
Well did this thing get tuned yet??? Everything going ok??

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:09 AM
408whpcavy wrote:Well did this thing get tuned yet??? Everything going ok??
It is currently tuned for 15 psi with the 440cc injectors. As soon he gets the correct style 850cc injectors, I will have him bring it back and will re tune accordingly...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:10 AM
i demand #s on this car TODAY

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:22 AM
the Jew wrote:i demand #s on this car TODAY
Thats not going to happen yet.... I was not even about to waste Vince's money on dyno time until all the bugs are worked out and the all the components he plans on using (for good) are installed.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:28 AM
Cool, good to hear it's running good.
Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:29 AM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
the Jew wrote:i demand #s on this car TODAY
Thats not going to happen yet.... I was not even about to waste Vince's money on dyno time until all the bugs are worked out and the all the components he plans on using (for good) are installed.

o i know im just giving Vince a hard time as usual

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:55 AM
Car could not be in any better hands than it is. Top notch people. Ill explain the injector and TB fix and the amazing people I dealt with when I get to a computer not my phone

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:10 AM
Yea thanks for the picture you supplied to the Injector people I got my situation sqaured away and got mine ordered. I sent them a picture of my stock injectors and compared them to the pic you had Vince and found out they do have some that will work for me . Mine are on the way as well.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:47 AM
Good to hear. And if they are not right they will swap them for free.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:03 PM
long story short, injectors were leaking in the head. called up the injector guy and swapping to some 75# lucas injectors which cost more than my other ones and he wouldnt let me pay to upgrade and is taking mine back no questions asked. no debating it either lol. sent my throttle body guy a message about the hole in the tb and he offered to send me a new butterfly to swap into the tb to see if that fixes the idle issue free of charge.... i was like wtf, everyone who has worked or helped on my car recently has been way too generous. i cant thank them all enough.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:03 PM
Love it, you dont see hospitality like that with honda guys lol.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:23 PM
Sounds like youre working with some good companies.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:17 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Sounds like youre working with some good companies.

for sure.

www.fuelinjectorconnection.com for injectors, i talked with ed. he knows his @!#$ hands down.

Tim for throttle bodies.

tim@performancethrottlebodies.com

will send anyone and everyone to them for sure. no contest.

Friday, April 23, 2010 4:24 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Sounds like youre working with some good companies.

for sure.

www.fuelinjectorconnection.com for injectors, i talked with ed. he knows his @!#$ hands down.

Tim for throttle bodies.

tim@performancethrottlebodies.com

will send anyone and everyone to them for sure. no contest.

and thats why they did it right there. some people are just smart and realise that how you treat your customers is the most important factor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 23, 2010 5:04 AM
sndsgood wrote:

and thats why they did it right there. some people are just smart and realise that how you treat your customers is the most important factor.

haha and its so easy for word of mouth to destroy a rep. no matter where you are, treating your customers with respect goes a long way and shows on your business whether you are at work or not.
no different than if i go out for a night on the town im still representing the fire department both on and off duty. same goes for any company. Hell the throttle body guy was sending me message at like 10:30 at night haha.

leaving in a few hours to go get it. and imagine that, i had a dream about my car lol.

Friday, April 23, 2010 5:28 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

leaving in a few hours to go get it. and imagine that, i had a dream about my car lol.

photoshoot while down there ????

Friday, April 23, 2010 5:45 AM
good call. taking my camera with me, it never even crossed my mind!

PS while im down there, ill scope out how hard it is to steal fetters car. dont tell him though. our secret.

Friday, April 23, 2010 8:01 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:good call. taking my camera with me, it never even crossed my mind!

PS while im down there, ill scope out how hard it is to steal fetters car. dont tell him though. our secret.
. Good luck Bro. Hey if you do manage to do it bring it to Texas cause the Lonestar bash is on May 1st. But anyhow good luck with everything vince

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Friday, April 23, 2010 9:31 AM
wont be able to make it to the Texas bash sorry. I have a private track rental and that's the same day and he first track day for my car with the new set up and I can't miss it. Perfect day for some no pressure racing. Tame the beast ha ha. Thanks for he invite though

Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:53 PM
good read. glad you guys got it figured out.

post up some more pictures!

Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:05 PM
figured most of it out...

still battling the high idle again. the hole in the tb fixed most of it. but here is what happens

on upshift it holds about 2000rpm, i can coast and not have my foot on the gas and it doesnt propel me but the engine braking doesnt do it as much as it used to. also during all this the a/f stays at 14.7-14.5 it used to say o2/20.5 once i let off. like it shut the injectors off. now it reads constant 14.5- 14.7.

as its doing this i push the clutch in to come to a stop rpms go to about 2000 and then stay there, until i come to a complete stop and MOST of the time it drops down to about 1400. but occasionally it stays at 2000rpm and it sucks. so i gotta figure that out for the most part.

otherwise it runs awesome. million .5 times better than before.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:49 PM
Have you adjusted the idle screw on the TB? Ryan had mentioned that to me.

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:29 PM
i talked to the tb guy about it and this is what he said.

"yea those set screws don't come out, on the two others for the cavileres I just did buyers wanted them taken out so you have to drill out, re tap and get a new bolt, granted it was an extra cost but that's what they wanted. All you need to do is just tap a T15 torx socket with a hammer to push the powder down then turn it, the powder will break free very easily, I ocassionally have to adjust them after coating depending on final assembly."

Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:44 PM
very nice.

so did she make it back to illinois ok?

All I want... is a little of the good life
Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:18 AM
made it back quickly and perfectly fine. no stops just straight through.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search