Supporting Mods - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:48 AM
couldnt afford the full port fueler so i have to dump the gas down this injector through a hose in the cab while i hit boost.

they are 850cc or 83# at 43.5psi

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:49 AM
lol nice

Yep, those should be big enough.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:52 AM
Damn nice injectors and see it east to do the stock coils on lsj valvecover lol...I just had to order one of those dumb silicone parts for my ls1 tb

13.1 @ 115
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:18 AM
WHITECAVY wrote: lol nice

Yep, those should be big enough.

if they are not big enough, he told me he would take them back and bore them out to what ever cc i needed. so they will be the last injectors i ever buy.

DJ MIKE BARR wrote:Damn nice injectors and see it east to do the stock coils on lsj valvecover lol...I just had to order one of those dumb silicone parts for my ls1 tb

but yeah it wasnt too bad to mod it to fit! i just hope it works out!
yeah its was a tough one to find for sure.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:17 PM
i have some questions or ideas for u im not trying to hate on you.

why didn't you run your harness into the car and out threw the firewall area or some where hidden instead of across the bottom of the car? where it could be easily caught on to something and ripped free. just felt it would of looked cleaner and be less acceptable to damage.

also are you planning on changing out the door panels to hide the fact you used an aftermarket window kit. or any plans for the interior?

guessing your car was a base model. until now i didn't know that. all looks good keep up the good work?

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:17 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i have some questions or ideas for u im not trying to hate on you.

why didn't you run your harness into the car and out threw the firewall area or some where hidden instead of across the bottom of the car? where it could be easily caught on to something and ripped free. just felt it would of looked cleaner and be less acceptable to damage.

also are you planning on changing out the door panels to hide the fact you used an aftermarket window kit. or any plans for the interior?

guessing your car was a base model. until now i didn't know that. all looks good keep up the good work?

as far as running the harness inside, i didnt want to have to rip all the interior out to install it or change something if it went wrong. plus if i ever decided to use an inline pump, it would be inside the car because of where the connector would have ended up. plus i look at it as, if I hit something bad enough to rip that off the car, well then im going to have bigger issues with the front bumper and rear bumper that some wiring fix wont be a problem. and its tucked up higher than my exhaust.

and i dont plan to change my door panel. it was a 100% base model with tilt wheel and ac, previous owner added the sun and sounds package so i have an aftermarket sunroof as well. other than that i added the keyless entry and the power windows. the spal kit still uses the crank from the factory windows. the only way to get it to hid behind the door panel would be to drill out the rivets and space it back in the door.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:49 PM
Valve cover looks good. That box looks familiar to.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:53 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Valve cover looks good. That box looks familiar to.

thats cuz its got your name all over it!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:59 PM
I ran my racetronix harness along the fuel and brake lines.

I'm a big fan of the gauge pod.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:08 PM
Just dont make it look exactly like mine lol. Just remeber who was the first . I like the injectors look PERFECT.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:42 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I ran my racetronix harness along the fuel and brake lines.

I'm a big fan of the gauge pod.

i thought about that too but i wanted to keep it all on one side of the exhaust in case it ever got hot.

and thanks, he did a great job cutting the pod and fitting it.

Ricardo Rosario wrote:Just dont make it look exactly like mine lol. Just remeber who was the first . I like the injectors look PERFECT.

well if you really want to know who was first.... im not sure since mines an l61... not sure who is the first lsj head user either. And i believe i will be sending mine off as well as a few other parts sometime for some powder coating

and they injectors are awesome. cant wait now!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:54 PM
Well true your proablly like second on a l61 head but im first with a fully built lsj head and second for lsj head since yasmin had one a few years back but took it off had some issues with timing or something.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:10 PM
very nice on the LSJ cover. i have always been a fan of it. i see there is a bung welded on the front there... thats for the PCV system then??

lookin good on the harness. i think ill be picking one up eventually.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:25 PM
Dunno why, but the LSJ cover looks awesome.. in your pics.. but once I seen it in barr's bay.. its almost too square/blocky.. just looks weird to me...

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:47 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i have some questions or ideas for u im not trying to hate on you.

as far as running the harness inside, i didnt want to have to rip all the interior out to install it or change something if it went wrong. plus if i ever decided to use an inline pump, it would be inside the car because of where the connector would have ended up. plus i look at it as, if I hit something bad enough to rip that off the car, well then im going to have bigger issues with the front bumper and rear bumper that some wiring fix wont be a problem. and its tucked up higher than my exhaust.

and i dont plan to change my door panel. it was a 100% base model with tilt wheel and ac, previous owner added the sun and sounds package so i have an aftermarket sunroof as well. other than that i added the keyless entry and the power windows. the spal kit still uses the crank from the factory windows. the only way to get it to hid behind the door panel would be to drill out the rivets and space it back in the door.

sweet deal and makes since. i'm just one of those people that hate wires underneath a car,. thats y i was asking. i'm going to be adding to all power options to my sedan. since its also a base model also. only difference is i will be completely gutting the car and adding the factor power harness and power accesories from a donor car. alittle more work but i can pick replacement parts up at an auto parts store.

like said before. looks great and keep it up.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:06 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Well true your proablly like second on a l61 head but im first with a fully built lsj head and second for lsj head since yasmin had one a few years back but took it off had some issues with timing or something.

its becoming a new trend haha. i know evofire i think it was did it on the l61 before me for sure.

z yaaaa wrote:very nice on the LSJ cover. i have always been a fan of it. i see there is a bung welded on the front there... thats for the PCV system then??

lookin good on the harness. i think ill be picking one up eventually.

not really. the pcv line will come out between the runners on the new intake manifold. i used to get oil coming out of the breather because the crankcase was being pressurized. now it wont be so it will be a vent kind of. harness is so worth it.

Stephen (manta z) wrote:Dunno why, but the LSJ cover looks awesome.. in your pics.. but once I seen it in barr's bay.. its almost too square/blocky.. just looks weird to me...

ricardo rosario has the best looking one i have seen so far. thats what made me push to do it. i love how it looks.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:30 PM
You had all day injectors should be installed by now

Friday, February 05, 2010 8:06 AM
hey easy now on my valve cover my engine bay isnt done yet haha

13.1 @ 115
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:42 AM
That column pod looks killer. I wouldn't mind paying this guy to make me one. See if he's willing to produce more!

Your dump tube inspires me to go external someday..

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, February 05, 2010 2:17 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:That column pod looks killer. I wouldn't mind paying this guy to make me one. See if he's willing to produce more!

Your dump tube inspires me to go external someday..

didnt you buy jon's? i would need your pieces to do it plus the gauge. i can always ask him. didnt send home made boost controller out today either. got busy.

ok just called him and i have someone willing to pay $85 for one of them... I would need the gauge you are using, as well as the top piece. would need to be final sanded, primer, and painted by you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 05, 2010 2:28 PM

Friday, February 05, 2010 6:31 PM
awesome progress vince!!
im also a big fan of the guage pod.. i've been trying to find someone near me to make me one there as well.
I really cant wait to see this car at the bash again!

Friday, February 05, 2010 8:55 PM
I did buy Jons but the stock steering wheel dosent clear the HUGE screw on bezel AEM uses for their widebands. I had to hack a spare bezel to run the gauge.. I plan to run an aftermarket wheel to solve the issue.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:06 PM
Smoosh wrote:awesome progress vince!!
im also a big fan of the guage pod.. i've been trying to find someone near me to make me one there as well.
I really cant wait to see this car at the bash again!

i talked to my guy and he that he will make a few and already have 2 people that might get one. i cant wait for the bash either, hope it all holds together.

and as far as the pod. i love mine. its in teh perfect location for the sunfire cluster too.

Friday, February 05, 2010 9:16 PM
yay for turbo noises and stuff..

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:58 AM
pure win in this thread.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search