Supporting Mods - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:38 PM
me 9:23 pm: ice box?
Vince 9:23 pm: nope lol

then he went "brb" and so he doesn't have to tell me lol, I also asked meth and he said no to that as well.
it looks like possibly a coolant tank as well so maybe he can do some rerouting of the pipes, but hell i dunno

Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:59 PM
i guess i should have made a better description lol.

It is a new coolant reservoir. We are pulling the stock one out. In its place will be an intake for the turbo. I have always had it sucking hot air behind the motor. This way it will suck colder air.

Coolant lines will all be cut off and run from rad to reservoir. All the charge pipes, new valve cover, intake, intake manifold, coolant tank, will all be coated as well to match the throttle body.

pcv system will all be hidden, catch can will be hidden. going with almost all braided lines where i can to clean it all up.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:07 PM
Very nice looking!

Monday, March 15, 2010 4:50 AM
get that @!#$ done and tuned, i need ryan free to tune my hhr.

looking good so far vince. definatly the stuff fetters is fabbing up looks top notch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 15, 2010 5:32 AM
so is the car in missouri or did fetter just take a long vacation?

We all need somebody to believe in something...
Monday, March 15, 2010 6:16 AM
Coming along nicely, but I think that battery and fuse box need moved asap. Looks cramped and crowded in there. With all the new goodies in the bay, the battery will look out of place like a mofo.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, March 15, 2010 7:05 AM
its official Fetter is just crazy and a really good Fab man but i must say im on the fence on the location of the coolant reservoir tank....... i would still relocate the battery to the trunk and run a kill switch and maybe pull a Sndsgood and relocate the fuse box to inside the car to clean up that engine bay alot more......im curious to see it all dont thou

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, March 15, 2010 9:18 AM
Jason, well i would think ryan is free to do his artwork on your hhr if you just give him a ring! i dont have both tied up just yet

Brad, the car is in his shop in Troy. I dropped it off a few weeks ago and he has been kicking ass on it.

As for the battery, it will come in due time. I REALLY want to put it in the fender like fetter did, for several reasons... Shorter wire to run and less of a draw along the whole car, but not sure how or if i would have to do a cutoff or not.. That or the possibility of a race battery but i dont know if i fully trust them yet. From what i hear they dont hold their charge for long if you dont drive the car. which mine is mostly a daily driver once i get it back, but there are times where i wont drive it for 3-4 days and i dont want it to be dead... im going to see what i can do for it in the fender first and go from there. i think im going to be disappointed since it would have to go on the passenger side due to the charge pipe and windshield washer reservoir.

Fuse box will be moved eventually as well. I have to take it one step at a time and right now thats what im doing. Taking it one step at a time. I dont know how much room i have to squeeze it under the dash lol. its quite cramped under there with everything else under there but thats what im aiming for.

Jason, you are homo first off. second, as for placement, i like it. its going to look pretty clean once its all done and stainless braided line is there. Plus i feel good finally getting a real intake on the car for once. im sure ill see some performance for sure from it too. It fits in that spot real nice and tight from what i see.

im starting to get real antsy and giddy

Monday, March 15, 2010 9:59 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:which mine is mostly a daily driver once i get it back, but there are times where i wont drive it for 3-4 days and i dont want it to be dead...

Booyah.

Haha.

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:03 AM
yeah i already run one of those. would be nice if it had a spring loaded release like our fire trucks lol. that would be sweet! we will see, still looking into the small optima's you told me about.

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:41 AM
Im running a Honda sized optima Yellow top in the passenger fenderwell on the 3800 SC swap Im doing now. Fits like a glove.

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:46 AM
Man you are really underestimating these batteries we have. I have let my car sit for about 6 days and the car started right up. And this is coming from someone who NEVER drives his car haha. My car is a damn garage queen. The only problem is with our little race batteries is the fact they are NOT good in the cold. That's it, if you drive the car 3-4 days a week and let it sit the other days, or vice versa you will be fine. Then again it depends on how much parasitic draw you have in your car when it just sits.

That's all I'm gonna say about the battery, the thread isn't about the battery

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, March 15, 2010 10:48 AM
plus where brandon has his battery it not only cleans things up but it also helps (not much i know but every little bit does) put weight out in front of the drive wheels, which in drag racing is a good thing.

Monday, March 15, 2010 11:25 AM
yeah its either a small optima or a race battery. i like the fender idea a lot more.

and david, feel free to talk about batteries. its something im going to address down the road and the more input the better.

yeah i like where brandon has his its clean and still keeps some weight up front, but with a race battery, not much weight to them regardless where its at.

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:14 PM
Not to thread jack. But could someone post up how you mounted the battery in the fender? Im in need of a new battery AGAIN. And would like to clean up the engine bay some. Like sndsgood said Dyno Numbers!!

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:40 PM
he relocated the computer....

Monday, March 15, 2010 11:30 PM
That is where i would like to put mine. ill have to get the car back and take a look at it. so far race battery is looking like my best option. and probably going to end up relocating the fuse block once i get the car back as well.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:40 AM
does brandon have terminals running into the engine bay? or into the fender well? if not id hate to think of how much of a biotch it would be to charge the battery....

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:42 AM
i like Fetters location for the battery but i gotta go with Z yaaa on this im sure its a pain to charge it if it needs it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:45 AM
no i never got around to it, but i could just pop the corner out to get the charger on it pretty easy

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:30 AM
yeah if mine was in the bumper or fender i would have charging terminals mounted in the engine bay in some way shape or form. now i just have to find the correct one.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:54 PM
Debut at JBOM BBQ?

m/

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:25 PM
^This.

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:31 PM
is the icon that was supposed to come up!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:49 PM
we will see. First debut is May 1st at the private track rental. drag strip all to ourselves from 9-2 i believe. so thats going to be the first true test to see how it goes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search