Supporting Mods - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Saturday, January 23, 2010 1:42 AM
I enjoyed when you took me for a ride at last years bash a WHOLE lot.
I'm on the verge on jizzing in my pants at the thought of the ride at this years bash

Keep up the work Vincent

Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:32 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Looks good Vince!! Steppin your game up! Btw, can you lemme know the part# for that pump and relay kit? I can't see it all from the pic

its going to be a big change in power this year... ill see you at the track at the bash

here is the how to thread i used... VERY helpful
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=440305&t=434889&p=1

and fuel pump link where i got it.
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

get it with harness, came out to be like $230 shipped. well worth it.

Thanks man.

Yep, see ya there

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:44 AM
vince, a lot of people do smaller hot side you to help spool while keeping cold side bigger to help flow. I know I will do that once I have another DD and time to really go over my kit.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:26 AM
you change your screen name more than undergarments

Love it man! Can't wait to see it again.

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:39 AM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:telling you man 880cc go big safe then sorry imho...

I agree with Phil. I do not know your HP goals, but I do not think the 650's are going to give you enough headroom in tuning

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:10 AM
No problem David. Get that auto crap figured out and I'm down

I might look into bigger cold side then. We will see.

And I get bored with screen names. But i'll see you at the bash and you will see your motor. Again.

And yes I'm going with injectors in the 800s. Ordering this week probably.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 1:44 PM
I think with the fuel pump you got 650's would be more than enough, but never nothing wrong with having bigger!

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:25 PM
Too Whiney wrote:I think with the fuel pump you got 650's would be more than enough, but never nothing wrong with having bigger!

to me its 50/50, i was pretty high duty cycle with the 440's on 13psi and thats stock motor, im going to be moving a TON more air, and fuel, and like you said, nothing wrong with having bigger. i like having a little safety net. and 650's i feel while should be safe, may get too tight up top.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:25 PM

BuiltNBoosted wrote:and on the LS1 tb its actually tps and EGR

really since when did GM put egr before the throttle plate? and if thats not IAC then wheres the IAC located?

Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:32 PM
Paul Tjepkes (N/A MADNESS) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:and on the LS1 tb its actually tps and EGR

really since when did GM put egr before the throttle plate? and if thats not IAC then wheres the IAC located?

Ricardo Rosario wrote:Its tps and iac same throttle body i have on my car . 450whp Will be pushing those stock sleeves 400whp is a better estimate.

and bought this last night for the IAC....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170401793413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and also bought the connector harnesses for them.

as well as this TPS...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260538905531&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

ordering injectors probably monday morning. and maybe cutout monday as well, not sure how to fit it in the exhaust though and i REALLY dont want to put it behind the resonator. no room in the dp though....

Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:13 AM
Also today i pulled one of my injectors today and measured it to compare. installed some add-a-circuits to clean up some wiring. got some pics of my freshly installed power window switches since the kit is hidden behind the door. and a pic of my key fob since i added power windows and locks. also finally got the tilt wheel off my car. took some vice grips and a rag and it still marred it up some but ill try to sand it down and just repaint it and see how it works. took my bov apart since with the new motor its not opening up so i need to find a new spring, i have to go look again what the car idles at for vac so i can get the right spring. where are you guys going for your tial springs? im not cutting this one down so thats not an option. id rather just buy the right spring. thanks, enjoy.

440cc's

connector. they are EV1? correct?

power window switches ended up in the perfect location i think. got to save my center pocket in the console and in proportion to the dash they sit perfect. they also light up amber color.

and the key fob. i now have keyless entry!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:57 AM
Looks nice!

For the tial bov spring, whats your idle vacuum? They are based off idle vacuum, when I had my tial I used the 9psi spring for idle vac around 14-17. I killed my first turbo using too stiff a spring. I have an 11psi spring sitting around, believe thats for 18-21 idle vacuum. Ebay is also a good place for them

Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:25 PM
yeah like i said i have to go look and see what the idle vac is again, i believe i need the -7 spring. but i gotta go confirm it again.

Monday, January 25, 2010 11:25 AM

friend of mines dad made this for me. he drilled it out of an mdf block and it sits in the car PERFECTLY. right inside the speedo. and it clears tilt wheel when the wheel is all the way up. now i have to go finish final sand and sand the bottom piece and then some painting to do.

Monday, January 25, 2010 11:38 AM
I want one!

Monday, January 25, 2010 1:07 PM
if you do, i can ask him if he wants to make more... its painted now and letting it dry, trying to figure out where to tap the tach signal wire into...

Monday, January 25, 2010 3:42 PM

in and working.

Monday, January 25, 2010 4:34 PM
pod doesnt look bad just looks like theres a bump out on the left side of it that takes away from the look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, January 25, 2010 4:57 PM
you can see in the second pic of it not painted its the same on both sides. its just the angle i took the pic at. rounds, then it goes straight down.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:39 PM
A package from a fellow JBO'er why not, i have rousch parts, i have gm parts, toyota parts, why not mopar...

oh wait. so deceiving.

modding the coil pack to fit the LSJ valve cover.

Modded both sides.

In with the cover on.

so i pulled the plugs out since it sounded like a subaru (not like gormans) and from sitting at idle, the plugs were fouled and coated in gas and soot. so i put in some stockers to move it around. plan on picking up probably 2 sets of the NGK's. one to drive down on, and one to tune on. idk maybe the stockers will make it down there if i stay out of boost on the way.

And since so many people are now doing racetronix or asking about pics i took some of how mine are mounted.
this is the fuse holder mounted in front of the alternator so if it ever blows, easy to get to.

The relay mounted under the filler neck bolt in the back.

best picture of the full run of harness i could get.

this was the most troublesome spot for me to mount the harness to because of the axle moving, steering rack and wastegate dump tube.

had to use up some of the spare wire.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:50 PM
Sweet, thanks for the harness pics. Could you not run the wires down the passenger side behind the skirts? Just wondering.

306 TQ

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:59 PM
nothing to really attach it to. i was going to put it inside the side skirt but i would have to pull the double sided tape off and even cut a hole in it to feed it down. plus in the center i think keeps it out of the main hit of anything the tires throw.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:06 PM
Yea, makes sense. Good deal.

306 TQ
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:12 AM
final piece to the puzzle showed up today!

came with a flowmatched sheet and everything. cant think of anything else i have coming except for the new BOV spring since mine is too stiff.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:41 AM
Daaang, you have a 5 cylinder?

What CC's are those?

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search