new projet sunfire gt wide body - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new projet sunfire gt wide body
Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:01 AM
^ this, thats how i think of it too, sure i've had my cavy since i was 15.. and it keeps getting busted and i keep tinkering (and failing horribly sometimes) but i lke it, just means i have more learning to do, and this too > cheap cars, cheap to mod, cheap insurance< thats what i tell people when i get the "why a cavalier?" question all the time

that being said, the cars looking good so get back to work... we need updates

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:02 AM
I just wanted to say the build is looking awesome. I can't wait to see this thing with the wheels and air.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:45 AM
thank you guys understand me
I love my car
and i have many plans for my car
I know many people like
It's a passion
the world often say that it's just a sunfire
the other will support you
it's like anything else
a few are just jealous

thank you math for helping me
one is in the same situation
we have put a lot of temp
and lots of patience
and we like the same thing
our beautiful car

Sunday, March 28, 2010 11:13 AM
Francky Sun wrote:thank you guys understand me
I love my car
and i have many plans for my car
I know many people like
It's a passion
the world often say that it's just a sunfire
the other will support you
it's like anything else
a few are just jealous

thank you math for helping me
one is in the same situation
we have put a lot of temp
and lots of patience
and we like the same thing
our beautiful car

Is this some sort of poem?

Sunday, March 28, 2010 11:23 AM
I speak French
I can speak a little English
sorry for my mistakes
lol

Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:16 PM
Francky Sun wrote:I speak French
I can speak a little English
sorry for my mistakes
lol

only thing that matters is you can understand us and we can get what your trying to say, If you spoke french to us, we wouldnt have a clue. (most of us)

Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:39 PM
I can get pretty much every thing he says haha. Some words he's accidentally saying in french but it's easy enough to decipher what he's saying.

Loved the build the first time, love it more the second time around so keep it up

Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:03 PM
yess
very cool

Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:09 PM
I like it. Again.

Monday, March 29, 2010 9:16 AM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:Looks like the project turned out the way you planned. The car looks great, and from the pics, you put a lot of work into it. The only thing I cannot figure out is why people keep putting money into cavaliers and sunfires. Especially those who are adults and not 16 yrs old. I mean for the amount of money you invest in these cars you could buy something with a little more power or a little more prestige. Not knocking anyone, this is just something I figured people grew out of as they got older. At least it was that way with me. And trust me, I know you will say I am not into those cars and I really like my car, trust me I get that. I am just curious I guess.

because its fun winning best of show over a 30k car with 50k worth of modifacation put into it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 29, 2010 1:50 PM
zdoubledozen [ Matt wrote:]I for one... and I don't want to continue this thread jack, but after reading the above.. I can't contain myself to at least say something because I am one of those people that invest tons of time and a little bit of money into my J body.
To keep it short sweet and simple..... Ever go to a old cruiser meet where the guy says he's owned his car since he was 16? I'm going to say about 5% of the people at the shows actually say they do. Everyone else bought their "dream" car off of a guy who WISHED he didn't sell it. Those guys that can honestly say they kept their car restored for all those years... man oh man, the expression on his face is priceless and I EVENY that feeling. My cavalier is my first car I ever bought, hard earned money from when I was 19... and I saved up until I could buy it. Trust me, it's an everyday question when people say... but why a cavalier? and I say because I own a house, I have long term financial goals that are in line, I have a F150 Ford Lightning if I want to drive fast.. and I worked my A$$ off in school to get an amazing job with out getting any hand me down opportunities and or money. I'll roll in my cavalier (when its done) and I know people are going to say, man you could have invested your money into a mercedes, BMW or whatever... but seriously... why? I've been inspired by Adults that long wished they kept their first car, and I will not be that person that sold it away for 1/3 of the cost put into it.. only to have my heart crash for making the wrong decision. I've invisioned the way I want my car for the past 5 years... and it's finally almost together. I will be that person at a show, that can say... I built it.. I own it.. and its my first car. An amazing feelign I can't wait to feel.... wait... I can and Im sure Francky feels the same way. He is proud of his car... that's all you need.

We are car guys.... this is what we do.

I would have to say now... thread jack end... and continue with with progress pics!!!

Francky.. this is one awesome build.

well said

i love it dude ,keep plugging away!

Monday, March 29, 2010 5:05 PM
where are the updated pics!!! i see the car in his sig, wanna see the latest progress. amazing build here... keep up the hard work francky!

'99 Sunfire - Bought April 07/Sold April 2010
'05 Sunfire - Bought May 2010/Wrecked Feb 2011
'05 lssport - soon???
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:10 AM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:Looks like the project turned out the way you planned. The car looks great, and from the pics, you put a lot of work into it. The only thing I cannot figure out is why people keep putting money into cavaliers and sunfires. Especially those who are adults and not 16 yrs old. I mean for the amount of money you invest in these cars you could buy something with a little more power or a little more prestige. Not knocking anyone, this is just something I figured people grew out of as they got older. At least it was that way with me. And trust me, I know you will say I am not into those cars and I really like my car, trust me I get that. I am just curious I guess.

You obviously have no idea of what being an "enthusiast" is all about. Your priorities lie elsewhere and if you must question people as to why they do the things they do then you have no concept of what ever hobby you are questioning whether it be modifying vehicles or collecting stamps, etc.
For what it cost me to put an exhaust system on my G35 I can purchase alot of items for my Sunfire. I am an adult with a family and I will continue to modify all my vehicles as long as it does not interfere with my family life. It all depends on how people view what the get enjoyment from and how they choose to make that happen that's important.
As for the negativity you receive, well if you don't know trolling by now I suggest you look it up and understand how it pertains to you. You come in this thread questioning a person's motives you had better be able to receive the responses that come with it as well and if you see those responses as childish well then that's you opinion which you are entitled to.
As for Francky well he has a very nice project shaping up and hope all goes well for him.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:03 AM
To answer your question as to why we still mod our j's is because who ever told us just because we are adults now we cant still have passions and hobbies? If someone did well I totaly missed that lesson in school. Did you ever stop to think that maybe that is how we stay young at heart? I could go out and buy a brand-new car today if I wanted to but why give my hard earned money to some money grubbing bank for five years when I have enough cars as is and I can spend that money on my cavi to get it a little closer to my goal. There are car junkies all over the world that find what you asked offensive because you were apparently never a true junkie at heart you will never understand no matter how much we explain to you. I personally find my car as a stress release from the drull and grind of everyday life so I go out there and get my hands dirty and have some fun whats the crime in that? To put this simply.....you do not understand car people at all because you see a car as an object to own and a tool to get you to work and home so naturally you (like most girls) think of the material possesion not the dream and the potential. (& that kinda makes me mad cause im one of the few girls that thinks different than your narrow-minded self and you make the car world harder for girls like me due to your ill-minded questions) we see cars as rolling art and expressions of the owner not as somthing to get, beat the crap out of, and then throw away for another shinny new cookie cutter car that every mom owns. We love to be different and think outside the box.....NOW did THAT answer your poorly thought out and even worse worded offense you called a question? Hopefully we can now move on and let Francky show us what he has done with his personal rolling art....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!!!!

Z24CaviGirl

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:50 AM
LOL. Back from the dead to continue the thread jack.

However, since it's back up, any updates on this car? I'm curious to see if it's been painted yet.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:57 PM
Me too oh btw i watched your youtube video man....it sounds great goin down the road

Z24CaviGirl

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 3:08 PM
I dig still.

Moar pics.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:55 PM
sndsgood wrote:

because its fun winning best of show over a 30k car with 50k worth of modifacation put into it.

it's also fun beating cars that cost 2-3 times as much at an autox.

i have a wrx in addition to my cavalier and i'd be 3-4 times as much into the cost of parts to have a similarly modded wrx.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:51 AM
strat81 wrote:
it's also fun beating cars that cost 2-3 times as much at an autox.

^^^ This!!! ^^^

J-Body Club of Ontario (JCO)
Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:50 AM
ashley lunny wrote:To answer your question as to why we still mod our j's is because who ever told us just because we are adults now we cant still have passions and hobbies? If someone did well I totaly missed that lesson in school. Did you ever stop to think that maybe that is how we stay young at heart? I could go out and buy a brand-new car today if I wanted to but why give my hard earned money to some money grubbing bank for five years when I have enough cars as is and I can spend that money on my cavi to get it a little closer to my goal. There are car junkies all over the world that find what you asked offensive because you were apparently never a true junkie at heart you will never understand no matter how much we explain to you. I personally find my car as a stress release from the drull and grind of everyday life so I go out there and get my hands dirty and have some fun whats the crime in that? To put this simply.....you do not understand car people at all because you see a car as an object to own and a tool to get you to work and home so naturally you (like most girls) think of the material possesion not the dream and the potential. (& that kinda makes me mad cause im one of the few girls that thinks different than your narrow-minded self and you make the car world harder for girls like me due to your ill-minded questions) we see cars as rolling art and expressions of the owner not as somthing to get, beat the crap out of, and then throw away for another shinny new cookie cutter car that every mom owns. We love to be different and think outside the box.....NOW did THAT answer your poorly thought out and even worse worded offense you called a question? Hopefully we can now move on and let Francky show us what he has done with his personal rolling art....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!!!!

@!#$in OWNED! DAMN! I like this chick, haha.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:50 AM
ohh, more progress PLZ!

Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:08 AM
looks great any updated pics?

Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:06 PM
lol thank you

Z24CaviGirl

Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:23 PM
thats the sickest sunfire dude
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:37 AM
Updates ppl

Z24CaviGirl

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search