- mounted the crank trigger wheel and sensor for the ĀgfinalĀh time
- and made a block off plate for the huge hole left by remvoving the heater box, a/c evaporator etc. I am going to relocate the coolant line for the new mini heater box to this plate as well as the two connectors for the engine harness (and probably for the wiper motor)
Im going to basically attach the blower motor , by using part of the normal housing, basically directly to the heater core. I will only have defrost, but whatever.
Cabby is just sitting baically, since I have been so busy with the cavy lately.
Drilled and tapped a plate for vacuum lines and the IAT sensor and welded it to the back of the plenum. Its basically right below the wiper motor, so the lines should be pretty well hidden.
Almost finished wiring the coils. I need to add some red heatshrink to the +12V wires, then finish shrinking the pieces that finish the ends of the mesh. Instead of the coil harness being tied into the main engine harness it, along with the injector harness, will have their own firewall plugs. I like to run separate plugs for each anyway, to make service easier, but this eliminates an extra connection and keeps things neater.
- got alot of the new engine harness done the other nite. Still waiting for a few new connectors for the IAC and the injectors etc. And also some more mesh loom. Pretty much the entire engine harness is cut to length and ready to be terminated. If the parts come in by wed I may have it finished wed night.
- finished the heat shrink on the coil assembly. The wires all all cut to length and ready to be terminated.
- mounted the FPR to the firewall (it used to mount to the strutbar). Looks like just the one line between the fuel rail and the FPR needs to be shortened.
- drilled and tapped the fuel rail for the pressure gauge
- fab'd up a mount for the MAP sensor on the intake manifold, as the FRP now mounts where the MAP sensor used to be
Sunday I finally had a chance to make up the plenum end cap. This was my first attempt at forming something like this. Its not quite as round as I would have liked, but its def better than a flat plate. I will probably get it fit, smoothed and weled on tuesday nite.
Spent almost 5 hours on the stupid harnes tonight. I had to pull the old inside harness out, strip a bunch of wires off of the main MS harness, remove a firewall connector etc. Pretty much I re-pinned and re-wired the whole thing. I have 3 more wires to connect to the MS but I didnt have the schematic handy. Anyway, getting SOO close to being done with wiring.
Oh, added a shot of the injector harness I finished up last week.
The two white molex connectors near the main MS connector are for the injectors and coils as I added two exra boards inside the MS box to drive them. I made new end plates for the MS box to allow for room for them. I didnt get any pics of this yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Re-installed the fuel pressure gauge sender (I still need a hole plug for the FPR gauge port that is unused)
Finished the cold side charge pipe Ė cut out the hole for the BOV (I always cut and port them after welding) and beaded the ends.
Installed the BOV and the vaccum line (complete with a nice Oettiker clamp)
Removed, welded shut, and ground smooth a notch in the valve cover Ė previously there for TB clearance on the old setup
Also cleaned up the welds on the valve cover, repainted it and drilled holes for the press in studs (to mount the coils assembly onto)
Finished up the Megasquirt mods. Added a peak and hold driver board for the injectors and a coil driver board inside the top cover. To make more room for the boards and two new connectors for Spark and Fuel I extended the sides and ends of the case. Also added functionality for boost control, IAC drive, and launch/flat shift control.
Painted and installed the firewall blockoff / wire connector bulkhead panel. I used some foam gasket tape around the edges so it can be removed easily and still seal.
Re-routed the wiper motor wires to the new bulkhead connector
Finished removing the leftover HVAC blower wiring
Installed the main Megasquirt engine harness and the coil and injector harnesses.
Re-routed the boost gauge tube to the new bulkhead area. I still need to install the bulkhead feed-thru fitting.
I think that is it for this week so far. Iím sure I forgot something. I shouldnt skip an update.