Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:28 AM
PFC Fox wrote:

whats up with your back seat? pictures of that? love the interior color scheme...one of my favs all time!


Back seat was replaced with this...



under which is this...



Which has been converted to CO2 for a spraybar on the intercooler...


KC StreetFire (Casey Schaaf) wrote:

love the car man, what city were you in again, i remember you were kinda close to k.c. but not in town,,,
saw the car at world of wheels a few years back and it is amazing, props!


I live just on the South end of Wichita in Haysville...


gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:

so you actually tried ID2000 injectors and had trouble with them? Thats no good. Good to see it up and running, whats the plan for a new turbo size, I am really interested in a Precision 6262 billet that my buddy ran on his prelude, he just stepped it up to a 6765 so i may consider picking it up.


you may want to look into that Precision 6262, some try to compare it to a 35r but say the 6262 is leagues beyond in how much better it is.


I really liked the ID2000's for tuning,just couldn't get the idle below 1350 without going to 11.2-11.5 afr. Other then that they where great. I'll probably be replacing all 8 Bosch injectors with ID725's later to get rid of the little bit of idle miss that the 55lb.'ers always seem to have.

As far as the search for more power I think I'm about done. Can't run the track except on special ocassions. Convertible's faster then 13.49 have to have a rollbar. Faster then 11.99 a rollcage...








"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:28 AM
wow... lovin it.... that looks so clean everywhere, and has huge numbers.... well done


Rollin' on 16's*
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:36 AM
SWEEET, I love the new fuel set up!! Freakin genius thinking outside the box. !










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:45 AM
"for those who dont know the car"

if such exist, they should be shot!!

BEAUTIFUL GARY!!

My fire will live vicariously through yours as its on its way out..





Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:47 AM
Damn, that things clean. Nicest Sunfire I have ever seen. Congrats



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:06 AM
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!




I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:12 AM
wow thats a beautiful fuel setup! goes prefectly with the rest of the car. excited to see how the new spoiler setup will work out! deff an inspiration for my vert!




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:13 AM
What a car, i would love to see this thing in person someday



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:15 AM
Wow I haven't seen that car in a long time. Looks great, I like the mirrors too. I think only a vert could pull those off.




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:38 AM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:

As far as the search for more power I think I'm about done. Can't run the track except on special ocassions. Convertible's faster then 13.49 have to have a rollbar. Faster then 11.99 a rollcage...


Maybe the rules are different where you are but this is out of the IHRA rulebook .

"ROLL BARS{reprint from IHRA Rulebook}
Mandatory in all cars running 11.49 or quicker, or per class
requirements. All roll bars must be within 6 inches of the rear or
side of the driver's head, extend in height at least 3 inches above
the driver's helmet with driver in normal driving position, and be at
least as wide as the driver's shoulders or within 1 inch of the
driver's door."

"ROLL CAGE{reprint from IHRA rulebook}
Mandatory in all cars running quicker than 10.99 seconds or faster
than 135 mph, or per class requirements. Cars with unaltered
firewall, floor and body (from firewall rearward, wheeltubs
permitted) running between 10.00 and 10.99, roll bar permitted in
place of roll cage, or per Class Requirements. Cars with altered
firewall, floor faster than 11.49 must have rollcage and window net.
All cage structures must be designed in an attempt to protect the
driver from any angle, 360 degrees. All 4130 chrome-moly tube
welding must be done by approved TIG heliarc process; mild steel
tube welding must be approved MIG wire feed or TIG heliarc
process."



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:41 AM
Just realized this may have changed because it is a convertible...either way car looks good, must be amazing to drive.




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:41 AM
You not reading the "Convertible" supplement...







"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:13 AM
Looks GREAT Gary! Always a fan!





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:17 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:

Looks GREAT Gary! Always a fan!







RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:32 AM
the Jew wrote:

QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:

Looks GREAT Gary! Always a fan!




LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:47 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:

the Jew wrote:

QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:

Looks GREAT Gary! Always a fan!




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:17 AM
fire looks awesome! grats on the new numbers!

how hard was the wiring on the autometers? i've thought about changing out the stock cluster for a long time but the wiring has been a big hurdle.



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:40 AM
blucavvy wrote:

IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:

the Jew wrote:

QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:

Looks GREAT Gary! Always a fan!




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:59 AM
Huge fan of the interior and the amazing job you did under the hood.
The exterior is the only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.




Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:24 AM
core (strmtrooper) wrote:

The exterior is the only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.


Just curious, why?










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:22 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:

core (strmtrooper) wrote:

The exterior is the only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.


Just curious, why?


You know, just personal tastes.
I don't like green, kit, spoiler, or the wheels.





Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:55 PM
gig-it-ty



Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:14 PM
Love your work Gary, as always! I remember talking to you how many bash's ago, about the putting the s/c on your '96. What a long way your car has come!




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:16 PM
wow very nice
Re: Sunfire Vert. returns with a Turbo Vengeance...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:50 PM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:




gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:

so you actually tried ID2000 injectors and had trouble with them? Thats no good. Good to see it up and running, whats the plan for a new turbo size, I am really interested in a Precision 6262 billet that my buddy ran on his prelude, he just stepped it up to a 6765 so i may consider picking it up.


you may want to look into that Precision 6262, some try to compare it to a 35r but say the 6262 is leagues beyond in how much better it is.


I really liked the ID2000's for tuning,just couldn't get the idle below 1350 without going to 11.2-11.5 afr. Other then that they where great. I'll probably be replacing all 8 Bosch injectors with ID725's later to get rid of the little bit of idle miss that the 55lb.'ers always seem to have.

As far as the search for more power I think I'm about done. Can't run the track except on special ocassions. Convertible's faster then 13.49 have to have a rollbar. Faster then 11.99 a rollcage...




realistically tho, that isnt a track car, more power could easily be had especially with how your fueling and more power always looks better. I still say you look into a bigger turbo like i described and throw down some huge numbers, everything else is there but your getting choked up on that turbo. Not that your numbers are not impressive, they def are looking good but dont cut yourself short, you have plenty to work with and tons of lovely E85 to be spitting in that motor. Also you can always let off the gas and still make a 500+ hp car run a 13.5

Either way im happy hopefully you are too with the car, things look great








Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search