My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-( - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-((
Friday, March 25, 2011 12:43 PM
So here is how she sits now, missing her sideskirts and out of timing lol

She will be back in timing next week, with a new tensioner, and d-specs installed.

I also picked a color, but you guys are going to have to wait and see what it is when I get around to painting it. I need to drive 3 hours up north to get into an empty garage so i can paint her, i am not painting her outside screw that.

My downpipe is also leaking (o2 bung was stripped by previous owner) so that will be rewelded next week as well, or maybe this weekend ill have everything done except for paint who knows! lol

Friday, March 25, 2011 1:20 PM
no rear lip or skirts?

Friday, March 25, 2011 3:13 PM
It looked fresh w/o the rear lip (although he does have my old minty indigo blue 02 lip). The passenger side went torpedo on the fl. Turnpipe at 90 lol it was a great sight to see

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, March 25, 2011 3:28 PM
not bad, its getting there. i love the wheels.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Friday, March 25, 2011 6:09 PM
looks really good...I really like how that front end looks after you tinted the turnsignals and the fogs.

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:48 PM
Thanks guys

yeah the fogs have been tinted for a while, i tinted them years ago, then removed it because I had 3000k bulbs, then i tinted again when I got the car.

The last two things I tinted were the corner lights and bumper lights

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:09 PM
keep it going, bro. its def coming along nicely

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, March 28, 2011 2:10 PM
What did you use to tint the signals amber?

Monday, March 28, 2011 2:24 PM
Ah that right there is a secret my friend, lol

Most people use metalcast Red from duplicolor or this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-LENS-SPRAY-PAINT-AMBER-ORANGE-TOYOTA-LEXUS-SIGNAL-/360350346767?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item53e68dee0f I used the yellow for my fog lights

Monday, March 28, 2011 2:42 PM
Thanks!

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:08 PM
Np did u get my pm?

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:15 PM
Yeah i did

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:39 AM
i like that orange tint...think im gonna do the white area on my 99 tails with orange :] so did you happen to ever get a video of the exhaust for me?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:02 AM
lol nope still out of timing until this weekend, and my downpipe is leaking at the moment

Sunday, April 03, 2011 10:58 PM
So I finally got around to doing work this weekend. As you all probably know, I have been complaining about my timing chain slapping all around the place, my idle being so low, and the worst smell of unburnt fuel in the world... btw I miss having a garage like you would not even know especially since my driveway is full of dirt and gravel, have you ever tried to sit in gravel or jack a car up on dirt? NOT FUN! Luckily when I did my timing tensioner I found a nice little cement spot a few blocks from my home and found some people to help me too, thank you craigslist.

Saturday - Mission: Timing Tensioner

Finally got the car up on a Volkswagen jack, yes i know unsafe but hey we worked with what we had, I left my rim under the car because honestly if the car fell Id rather the rim get damaged than one of us.

After removing the compressor, lowering the motor (thanks Fluffy for your over the phone help), etc. to our surprise the timing chain and tensioner seemed fine. Everything was tight and lined up, I was so confused! Then I went and looked again, whoa what do you know, the car is off timing by about 30 seconds, but how can this be if the tensioner didnt give out, it looks fine!!

Or so I thought, yeah I dont think a tensioner is supposed to fall into pieces when you remove it:

I took these pictures the next day when it was lighter out to show you guys the damage the tensioner had, I didnt notice this until I pulled the tensioner off:

After pulling the tensioner I said hey pull the chain out lets see how that looks, you cant really see in the picture but the chain was not right, it seemed to be on its last breath, plus I have always been told that chains should be replaced every 100k miles and i have no flippin idea how many miles this motor has on it. So I said f**k it lets replace the chain, its a super cheap part and we already have the cover off so why not!?

After putting everything back together and getting the timing right we put everything back together, cranked her up an WALA!!!! SHE WAS ALIVE, and quite peppy, she revved up to 2.5k rpms and then went back down for a normal cold start, I had the biggest kool aid smile on my face.

It was such a cheap job, the tensioner was $18.99 US and the chain was $25 US .. the cool part is, one of the guys who helped out gets discounts at the local auto place and I got the tensioner for about $12 US +tax and the Chain for $18 US +tax!!!

Sunday:

So one thing I have held secret about this car is that she randomly starts leaking oil, every few weeks she will randomly start smoking, it always turns out to be that my oil filter starts leaking on my downpipe, the last 4x I have just replaced the oil filter because I have not had time to replace the filter, plus I live 2 minutes walking distance from my job so I hardly drive anymore. Last night I was about to hop on the highway to Miami Beach and something told me to stop at the gas station first, Im glad I did! My car started smoking yet again! She started leaking oil even more than usual, but only when the car was running, luckily I was only about 1.5 miles from my house and was able to avoid all the red lights. Before I went home I drove over to the auto supply's parking lot to check out the car in good lighting, too my surprise the DAMN OIL FILTER WAS BROKEN AND SQUIRTING OIL EVERYWHERE! I was pissed, my Saturday night was f**ked!

I went home and decided to check the car out in the morning.

Long story short I jacked the car up in the morning and replaced the oil filter, but this time I had enough I decided to look all around the engine bay and under the car to see what the hell was damaging my filters and to fix every single issue I had with the car, I worked on the car from 7AM - 9PM....here are all the problems I found, compliments of the previous owner:

see that lovely item thats bolted into the block, well guess what, IT WAS NEVER BOLTED IN! So anytime I hit a speed bump too hard or just drove to long this lovely mount would destroy my oil filter. I was livid.

Luckily I found some screws that fit perfectly

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture??

or this one?

I rewired everything and wound everything up tight the way it should of been done when the previous owner put in this motor

I also tightened up that damn oil pan, luckily I bought a new oil pan gasket yesterday thinking I was going to have to drop the pan.
And cleaned up all the oil with "Purple Power" - love that stuff
Also here is some sway bar love

I then decided, well since im out here why dont I just finally install my struts:

It felt really good opening that box:

Bump stops, box cutter and myself = disaster:
Look closely at the edge of the blade, what do you see??

OUCH!

Yeah I need stitches but I have no insurance so its time for some Krazy Glue fun tomorrow.

After I was finally done with everything it was too dark to take anymore pics

All I have left to do is reweld my o2 sensor bung (hopefully doing this morning [monday]) its leaking like a madd man, stripped also by the previous owner.

Then off to paint sorry this was so long, enjoy!

Monday, April 04, 2011 10:08 AM
Nice work

FU Tuning

Monday, April 04, 2011 11:12 AM
not have a hacksaw? Gotta love fixing stuff the last owner did. I've been through that just last week. I glue deep cuts often. works well.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:48 AM
Thanks John.

And Dave I dont unfortunately, I left my in my old house when I moved. The glue worked wonders its finally healing and hurts less

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:55 PM
when ever i find a box i will be sending you a gift

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:47 PM
uh oh this I have go to see!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:26 PM
Wait, what? Glue in a cut deep enough to need stitches, explain the way this works...

Cars looking great too btw, can't wait to see it painted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 06, 2011 7:34 PM

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:52 PM
goddamn, thats a lot of bull@!#$ you had to put up with

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:31 PM
good lord man, this is sounding depressing. I'm glad you're sticking with it tho.. it'll be rewarding in the end. again..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:00 PM
Hey guys I know its been a while, Ive actually been a lot of work to her and I will be updating tonight or tomorrow.

Everyone who wanted a vid of the exhaust i will record tomorrow, I finally got the exhaust finished.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 5:08 PM
I think it is wrong to hit someone with downs... but there is always an exception to the rule. Keep the car FOREVER and keep it away from morons!!! lol.

On a serious note, can't wait to see more progress with Skyla. I have LOTS of respect for you doing it right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search