My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-( - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-((
Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:34 PM
So here is a little update (pics later on I have to go do some DJ @!#$ in a few mins.)

As most of you know my idle as been pretty damn low, idk if I have even mentioned it but I was idling at around3-4k

Long story short I got my exhaust redone and o2 sensor put back in and it kicked the car into over drive but then I started to run lean at times. Turns out the spark plug holes on the block were stripped (all of them)..Fluffy and I thought it was just spark 1 having issues. I checked the whole thing, rethreaded every hole, threw some new sparks in there and bam issue was taken care of, with low idle still of course. The old spark plugs especially 1 were destroyed. I didnt take pics of these things because I did not have my camera with me and i was 3 hours from home in my old garage lol.

After the car driving great I started leaning out again so I unplugged my o2 sensor it made it worse, almost made it feel like i had a bad clutch. I checked the spark plug wires, what do you know not enough spark, so I changed the wires...same thing happened again ran great for about 2 hours and then started acting up again. I decided to bite the bullet and change my coil packs.

Yep that did the trick, there was one oem coil pack on there and some other aftermarket pack on there, both fried. I changed em out and am now idling at around 800.

The car is driving great I am focussing more on maintenance rather than looks at the moment, there will always be time for looks, thats where I messed up when I first had this car. IT looked great but ran like @!#$ at times.

I ALSO changed my suspension and many other things in and around the car, but updates on that later.

Sorry this was so long but its been a while since my last update, as for now here are 2 vids for the exhaust guys:

Friday, June 17, 2011 2:14 PM
Well guys, its been a long and hard journey but shes almost in tip top shape.

She is now lowered on Ksport springs / d-specs <great ride btw if anyone was wondering, I love them, i like them a little better than sportlines when it comes to daily driving.

All I need now are some sideskirts and to install my ls rear lip, or buy this awesome rear

Then a quick sand and primer again and then paint, hopefully sooner than later

CnC welcome

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:03 PM
got some wings west sides with your name on it! lol brand new

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:21 PM
lol pm me pics

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:25 PM
no pics bro.. there in storage. BRAND NEW! what more can i say? lol never even been on my car. never been fitted primered or painted. even got some TRD sides that are brand new. (REPLICAs from Gravana)

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:42 PM
sounds like a good idea, Mike. WW skirts, RK rear bumper.. sounds like a nice combo to me. oh, you'll have a PM in a min

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, June 17, 2011 6:43 PM
if you had a trd front end i would take it lol...price for wings west to 33312? Greyhound is a good way to ship something like that. It should line up with the z front end and 00-02 rear correct?

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:57 PM
220 shipped for the sides. via grey hound

Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:51 AM
yeah Evan I agree.

AZN ok if you give me a couple of weeks, maybe less I can definitely do that!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:04 PM
Don't se why not. Been in stoarge since I got it.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:19 AM
lol awesome ill be in contact

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:41 PM
btw whats everyones favorite oil, need a change

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:23 PM
I hear good things about Mobil 1, but I have been using Castrol GTX since I can remember.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:27 AM
the Pearl gets Mobil1 full syn, the Sunfire gets Mobil1 Clean 5k

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, June 24, 2011 8:27 AM
yeah ive heard of mobil 1 by many people. Im not goin syn due to i heard these older motors may not run too efficiently making that switch.

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:33 AM
I switched at like 130k miles on my 98z with no problems

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:47 AM
hmmm making me think about it now...

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:56 AM
The oil switch is a myth, it'll do just fine on Mobil 1 5w30.

Friday, June 24, 2011 11:03 AM
I currently use 10w30, i am due for an oil change/pan gasket, ill probably do that next weekend and will try out the mobil 1 oil. thanks guys

Friday, June 24, 2011 11:07 AM
I use Mobil 1 in my car. LD9's are notorious for eating some oil, but when I made the switch, my car really slowed down on the amount of oil it consumed.
Friday, June 24, 2011 4:45 PM
Mobil 1 all the way. Our LD9's like to get hot, mobil 1 has better thermal properties so it doesn't brake down as fast and our LD9's run cooler.

Friday, June 24, 2011 7:23 PM
Maybe one day ill have an ld9 in mine lol

Friday, June 24, 2011 9:12 PM
nice suspension choice the ksports arent expensive either, ive had the same setup for about 2 years now and love it. only complaint is there a little bouncy but i think thats common with lowering spring in general. nice build man i have a coupe and a 4 door that im building as well. keep up the good work.

Friday, September 23, 2011 11:36 AM
they are a little bouncy in the rear, even if i stiffen up the suspension. Im going with sportlines in a few weeks

Friday, September 23, 2011 7:24 PM
B&G ftw? Lol to bad coil overs aren't like they are for vdubs...

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search