$50 Winter beater! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
$50 Winter beater!
Monday, October 11, 2010 7:59 PM
1991 Z24 5 speed.

Dirty engine bay:

Quarter panel rust:

My awesome door rust mod:

Tomorrow after work the mud flaps are going away, and once I get some better adhesive remover, the badges are going. When I go to Edmonton, I'm going to be taking a trip to the junkyard and hopefully walking away with some 3rd gen front seats (back seat is going away after I get the new windshield and battery) and a set of 3400 exhaust manifolds.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Re: $50 Winter beater!
Monday, October 11, 2010 8:03 PM
If you're not already knowledgeable at body work, that'd be a great candidate to learn on. Love that year Z--effin' gorgeous.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:18 PM
My wife's grandfather does some great body work (saw a patched up and rattle canned F-350 he's working on. You'd never know it was patched up if no one told you.), so I'm taking pointers from him. I might just get the trunk re-done. I'm thinking about slowly doing a full body restore on it, and then adding some suspension/engine mods to finish it off. Something about this car just makes me smile whenever I look out and see it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, October 11, 2010 8:31 PM
Snotty Marc wrote:Something about this car just makes me smile whenever I look out and see it.

The fact you paid a little more than a full tank of gas for it? haha Very nice Pick-up nice little winter beater and with a little work can be a nice car for super cheap.

Monday, October 11, 2010 9:24 PM
if anything the junk yard will give u about 150 dollars for it lol

Monday, October 11, 2010 11:20 PM
OhForKavy wrote:
Snotty Marc wrote:Something about this car just makes me smile whenever I look out and see it.

The fact you paid a little more than a full tank of gas for it? haha Very nice Pick-up nice little winter beater and with a little work can be a nice car for super cheap.

Touche. And yes, I'm hoping this car will be something I can be proud of when I finish with it. Whether "Super cheap" is the right phrase for it, we'll see how much I get into it. I have a parts car sort of already: My 1991 wagon. It's a 2.2 TBI, but some of the front end body panels are in better shape, and the interior is relatively intact. Iirc, the centre console has some bits in better shape than mine (which I can hardly believe, considering it has twice the mileage of the Z).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:55 AM
Ahhh thats the 50 car huh! Nice pick up! Hell, Like someone already said they will give you 150 for the car at a yard. But it still looks good for a 91. Slight body rust is a norm. Not bad man. Goodluck with it!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:32 PM
Thanks! I'm really glad I did this. Not sure where I want to go entirely with this car. Definitely doing an intake, new front seats, and I've been seriously considering a small drop. If she holds up well enough, I'll probably do at least a muffler, maybe get a cat back bent in the spring. All depends on how things go with the car.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search