Oh boy this is not good :( - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oh boy this is not good :(
Monday, October 11, 2010 7:35 PM
I guess Boost and E-85 dont like my car
A/F was at 12.4 WOT
Stock Bottom end, Mantapart head, HO Specd cams, OS Crank pulley, M62 with 2.9" Intercooled, 750cc injectors
3 days before this mishap ran a 2.1 60' 14.1@ 97
My LD9 was a trooper alright. Look and see

So much for the head

MP-62 Intercooled 2.9" Pulley

Re: Oh boy this is not good :(
Monday, October 11, 2010 8:20 PM
Jesus, that's screwed plum up.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:23 PM
How much boost is that on a ld9?

13.3 @ 106 mph Cammed
Monday, October 11, 2010 9:10 PM
/\ too much no laughing matter though, that really sucks bad.

Monday, October 11, 2010 9:15 PM
i thought a good boost afr on E85 is like 9:1

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:11 PM
wow that makes my valves cry. sucks, u still have the 2.4 form the fire i sold u? if so stick it in and be running again. i never should have sold that car, i should have rebuilt the front end and drove it. but my loss was ur gain.

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:50 PM
uh yea pretty sure 12.4 is lean for e85 like hardcore...

12.4 is lean on gasoline, and gasoline has a stoich mix of 14.7:1
accorgind to wiki, e85 stoich is 9.7.. so a safe AFR with e85 is 7:1 on the rich side and 8.5:1 on the lean side

you were lean as hell man.

Monday, October 11, 2010 11:10 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:uh yea pretty sure 12.4 is lean for e85 like hardcore...

accorgind to wiki, e85 stoich is 9.7.. so a safe AFR with e85 is 7:1 on the rich side and 8.5:1 on the lean side

X2 You were extremely lean for Ethanol. You would think that with all that work done to your ride , you would have researched what E85 characteristics were. The problem with it is (from what I have heard) is that you never know the water content of ethanol. It is very hard to tune because the consistancy is never the same. But, when tuned properly boosted cars love the S hit ... That sucks man sorry for you and your motor.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:38 AM
Hmmm interesting all this time huh...... ran a 12.7 Na and was just fine on E-85 that was couple thousand miles hmmm wouldnt i see knock on this? because i didnt

for the history of this motor it seen it all just ask Brad (zyaaaaaa) 75 dry to 125 dry, 125 wet, ITBS, E85 and Boost so i got my fair share on this motor for the 3 three years it was in.......

14.4 with 75 dry
14.9 NA E-85
14.1 Boosted E-85

i guess every1 learns something everyday 7:1 AFR here i come wait.... my WB dont go that LOW

Dragracemyz24 wrote:
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:uh yea pretty sure 12.4 is lean for e85 like hardcore...

X2 You were extremely lean for Ethanol. You would think that with all that work done to your ride , you would have researched what E85 characteristics were. The problem with it is (from what I have heard) is that you never know the water content of ethanol. It is very hard to tune because the consistancy is never the same. But, when tuned properly boosted cars love the S hit ... That sucks man sorry for you and your motor.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:40 AM
The gauge read 9PSI then went to crap curse them electronics! so tech unsure if right or not

(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:How much boost is that on a ld9?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:38 AM
Quote:

A/F was at 12.4 WOT

Sounds like you figured out the problem. I shoot for 11.5ish AFR on e85. Personally prefer to tune in Lambda for e85 and shoot for .78-.81 , you'll probably have to go with a bigger injector when you get it running again.

Also, get a e85 tester like this JEGS . They change fuel blends from e70,e75,e85 depending on season and region.

Hit me up for more info on e85 if you need...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:45 AM
Is this with the Vulcan kit?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:10 AM
wow that sucker was lean as hell

good luck with the rebuild

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:01 AM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:
Quote:

A/F was at 12.4 WOT

Sounds like you figured out the problem. I shoot for 11.5ish AFR on e85. Personally prefer to tune in Lambda for e85 and shoot for .78-.81 , you'll probably have to go with a bigger injector when you get it running again.

Also, get a e85 tester like this JEGS . They change fuel blends from e70,e75,e85 depending on season and region.

Well i tuned it during spring i found out that its not actual E-85 until mid june or so here....
As well diff stations have diff mixtures so and yes did not have the WB on hand at the track so dont know for sure

OEM wrote:Is this with the Vulcan kit?

yes

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:34 AM
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:wow that makes my valves cry. sucks, u still have the 2.4 form the fire i sold u? if so stick it in and be running again. i never should have sold that car, i should have rebuilt the front end and drove it. but my loss was ur gain.

What the hell?! i didnt know that was you!!! lol unfortunately the fire motor took a dump last summer. rod knock.

tyler, dear god you know how to blow @!#$ up. and im pretty sure that head can be fixed.

Underdog Racing
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:02 PM
z yaaaa wrote:What the hell?! i didnt know that was you!!! lol unfortunately the fire motor took a dump last summer. rod knock.

yeah i bought that car from a friends sister, after she tboned a explorer going 20mph. she didnt have any ins. on the car, i bought the car because she didnt have the money to get it back from the tow company. when she owned it, it ran fine. i rode around in it a few times before it was wrecked. that sucks im surprised it died, i figured another 20-30000 could have been put on that motor before it went.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:53 PM
Sucks dude, but unless you are running a stand-alone, I would not attempt to run E85. Our PCM's have no Stoich command value, and therefore it makes running E85 next to impossible to control CORRECTLY.... Live and learn I guess.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:13 PM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:
Quote:

A/F was at 12.4 WOT

psh gary, what do you know about E70-85

hope you can get it back on the road soon!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:24 PM
holy christwagons!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:32 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:wow that makes my valves cry. sucks, u still have the 2.4 form the fire i sold u? if so stick it in and be running again. i never should have sold that car, i should have rebuilt the front end and drove it. but my loss was ur gain.

What the hell?! i didnt know that was you!!! lol unfortunately the fire motor took a dump last summer. rod knock.

tyler, dear god you know how to blow @!#$ up. and im pretty sure that head can be fixed.

Brad Hes the guy i bought the purple sunfire from down in Nebraska

And brad if my motor isnt done guess what im doin kinda same thing what i did this time but on a motor ur just talkin about

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:35 PM
Side note to all this motor had a spun bearin b4 slapped a new in and saved for the track ran it five times and drove 50 miles and the struck again lol

Brad what made u think it had bad blow bye again?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:46 PM
you mean besides the fact the rings were prolly GONE after all that nitrous and THEN the blower? @!#$ i aint got any ideas...

Underdog Racing
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:09 PM
u want to see them?

Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:27 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:i thought a good boost afr on E85 is like 9:1

You sir are correct. His 12.4 afr would be lean as hell on e85. No wonder he blew it sky high. Also with e85 the tune you should have is totally different as well. Guess he feels like a dumb ass I sure know i would for not doing his research first.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 3:04 PM
This sucks.. I guess there is only one way to learn though !

well... besides research jk jk...

Good luck with getting it all fixed up and I hope you can get it back on the road soon.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search