Spring Time Preparations - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spring Time Preparations
Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:48 PM
I finally landed a good paying job after being unemployed for a couple years. Now it's time to prepare the cav for summer by finally finishing the front end and getting her all one color and in one piece!

To start the process, I replaced my passenger mirror glass that has been broken for like 2 years:

Then I had to replace this piece of @!#$ blend door motor:

I also decided to snap a few more pics just to show how the car sits as of today. This is another area that needs to be completely replaced. The dash is still destroyed from when my car was broken into:

I am also removing all my seats so I can thoroughly clean the carpet and the seats while they're out of the car. They may even been replaced with LS Sport seats:

I also have a broke ass center console arm rest and a bunch of rips in my shift boot:

And being the first nice day out in months, I had to take a couple pictures of how she currently sits. (WARNING: Still a piece of @!#$):

I will be updating this thread as I continue to put the car back together and hopefully she will be all in one piece and one color for the bash this year!
Some of the replacement parts and new upgrades you can expect to see this year are:
-00-02 Splash Guards
-00-02 Headlight Brackets
-Replace Stock Shift Boot
-Replace K&N Intake Filter
-New Downstream o2 Sensor
-Replace Stock Center Console Arm Rest
-Fix Odometer Light
-Replace Rear Wheel Stud
-00-02 Crush Guard
-Projector Headlights
-Hi/Lo Beam 10K HIDs
-2.5in. Exhaust
-Eibach Sportlines
-Aftermarket Struts/Shocks
-Replace Stock Dash Bezel
-Upper & Lower Motor Mounts

I'll have some more updates next week

Re: Spring Time Preparations
Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:55 PM
i like how you want to FIX the things wrong with it while modding it. plenty of idiots mod and leave @!#$ @!#$ up whilst doing so. props for that man!

id hit up a local you-pull-it junkyard if you can... ill bet you find 90% of the things you are looking for.

and its not a POS, its just seasoned a bit. keep it clean and get her fixed!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:06 PM
yeah I want to mod her, but I would rather have a couple nice things with everything fixed properly and done right than have a bunch of nice things with broken @!#$ and ghetto installations.

I have a WTB thread too in the mid east region too for anyone who thinks they might have some parts I am looking for. I'm willing to pay shipping mainly because my license are suspeded still until May so until then I will need everything shipped unless someone wants to make the journey to the Western Hills area of Cincinnati.

The cav still runs perfect though besides having a bad o2 sensor. After I replace the sensor and do a little needed maintenance she will be running like new. I am also going to be getting the car tuned after some of these upgrades and replacements just to get a better AFR and to hopefully gain a a little HP. The big tune though will come once I start working on the preformance side of the cav.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:37 PM
z yaaaa wrote:i like how you want to FIX the things wrong with it while modding it. plenty of idiots mod and leave @!#$ @!#$ up whilst doing so. props for that man!

this x's a cajillion.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:13 AM
blucavvy wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:i like how you want to FIX the things wrong with it while modding it. plenty of idiots mod and leave @!#$ @!#$ up whilst doing so. props for that man!

this x's a cajillion.

I'm with those dumbies.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:59 PM
Well as for an update, the fender liners should be here tomorrow or sometime this week. I just ordered a brand new driver side fender as well so that should be here by the end of this week or early next week. Other than that there isn't much more going on. I am going to be picking up some rustoleum black primer and rustoleum semi-gloss black paint so I can clean up some small brackets and other various metal pieces to clean up any rust or discoloration anywhere. I will post updated pics after the fender liners are installed.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:31 AM
Well I got my splash guards today.................... but they sent me two passenger side guards!

Luckily I was able to call customer service and they are sending me a replacement for the second passenger side guard which should have been a driver side guard

So as for today's update it will be pushed back until my other splash guard comes. I'm also waiting on my K&N air filter and driver side fender. I'll post updates when I get them

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:17 PM
Small update. Got my replacement K&N filter today. I'm going to hold off on putting this on though until my license are reinstated. I want to keep it clean for when I need it.

I am still waiting on my replacement for the splash guard, my new fender, dash bezel, and center console arm rest. I installed one of the passenger side guards I got last night and it fits pretty well. It is a big snug in some places, but that may just be from the 04-02 front end swap. More updates coming soon.

P.S. The boring stuff will be over with as soon as the rest of these parts come in. Then we can move on to paint and other good things

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:10 PM
Looks fun so far ^_^

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:09 AM
Got another package today and the dog wanted to help open it

Finally got my new fender

I will have actual progress pics up once we get some warmer and sunnier weather. I am still waiting on the driver side splash guard to get here, but I still haven't heard from the company so I might have to make a call next week and figure out what's going on. I'm also waiting on a new dash and center console arm rest coming from a fellow J member. Once both splash guards, new fender, dash, arm rest, and air filter are put on then I will start to lean towards painting the car. Updates coming soon!

Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:40 PM
I got a little bit of work done today. I just went ahead and put my K&N filter on now just so I could get rid of the box. Engine bay is dirty as hell though so disregaurd the dirt.

I also put the new fender on and it already looks a lot better.

Made some more progress on the interior. I removed the center console so it can be cleaned and all the carpet around and under the console is being cleaned as well. The final cleaning will come once my dash and arm rest get here then it will all be finished and put back together.

And as for my old fender, I may sell it to someone who wants it. It is still in alright condition. It just needs some sanding, maybe a little bondo here and there, and some paint and it will be good to go.

More updates coming soon. Feedback is more than welcome. Any ideas on what I should do next let me know. There won't be much more going on because paint will be the next major thing, but I am open for ideas.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:56 PM
I got another god damn passenger side splash guard in the mail today!!! I'm starting to get annoyed with this company. So now I have yet ANOTHER replacement on the way. If anyone needs a passenger side splash guard let me know... I have two extras now..

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:34 PM
U sir need a clutch reservoir holder.

Alwaays a sucker for sunburnt orange

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:52 PM
OEM wrote:U sir need a clutch reservoir holder.

Mark

DO IT! They are awesome

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:25 PM
OEM wrote:U sir need a clutch reservoir holder.

Mark

yeah i do need one of those lol its zip tied on those metal lines for now
and yeah I love the sunburst color. It was never my favorite until I got the car then it grew on me and now I'd say it's my favorite cav color(factory color)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:34 PM
Those splashshields are trash IMO, we order a lot of aftermarket parts and it's seems 80% of that brand I've sent back so I've specified for them to not bother selling those to me anymore.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:44 PM
Yeah they were cheap though. The quality is alright too, but not the best. And the customer service department is most likely filled with foreigners who don't have the best english(atleast all the people I talked to were).
I won't be ordering from their company anymore.

Friday, April 01, 2011 1:52 PM
Here is my Tumblr blog I use for updates on the Cav. I don't post much on there, but if you are a Tumblr user, follow me. I also have a Flickr account with a separate set just for the Cav. Here are the links:
http://www.sunburst04cav.tumblr.com/
http://www.flickr.com/chris-krabbe/sets/72157626323042376/

Whoever follows me on Tumblr or adds me as a contact on Flickr, I will return the favor.

And as for updates on the Cav, there isn't anything new. My dash, arm rest, and other splash guard should be here within the next week or two. I'll have pics posted once I make some progress.

Monday, April 04, 2011 2:23 PM
Cleaned the entire floor carpet and floor mats. I used Blue Coral Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I have never thoroughly cleaned the carpets before so I still think it needs another cleaning before it will be completely clean. There are still some soda stains that haven't lifted (due to an entire, unopened, can of pop exploding under my passenger seat)

I am still waiting on my dash and arm rest so once again there won't be any real updates until I receive those items.

Monday, April 04, 2011 2:53 PM
looks good, you should also see about replacing the steering wheel it looks a little beat up

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Monday, April 04, 2011 2:59 PM
yeah. this car was totaled by the previous owner and it was all fixed and repainted before I got the car, but there cover on the steering wheel was never replaced from when the air bags deployed. It was glued back together, which is why it looks off-color and beat up, so that will be replaced eventually.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:00 PM
I finally got my driver side splash shield after being sent the wrong one twice.

It's storming pretty hard today so this wont be put on until the weather clears up. I also need to go pick up some hardware to install them because I am missing some screws and some backing plates(whatever the little screws screw into). I am a little curious to where my dash and arm rest are. I purchased them from a fellow JBO member a few weeks ago and was told they would be shipped last thursday, but have not yet received them. I'm not too worried because I know people have long work hours and can't respond to messages right away, but I just want to make sure I wasn't taken for a fool. I will have more updates once the weather clears and I have time to do some work.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:33 PM
was told my dash and arm rest were shipped last night so I should have some updates for you next week.

Completed Work:
-New Intake Filter
-New Driver Side Fender
-00-02 Splash Guards
-Interior Cleaning
-Replaced Blend Door Motor
-Replaced Passenger Side Mirror Glass

Uncompleted Work:
-Replace Dash Bezel
-Replace Center Console Arm Rest
-Replace Steering Wheel Center Piece
-New Shift Boot
-Clutch Res. Holder
-Fix Odometer Light
-10k Hi/Lo Beam HIDs
-00-02 Projectors
-Eibach Sportlines
-Aftermarket Struts/Shocks
-00-02 Headlight Brackets
-New Downstream o2 Sensor
-Replace Rear Wheel Stud
-00-02 Crush Guard
-Upper & Lower Motor Mounts
-Paint

Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:55 PM
My arm rest and dash didn't come today, so I'm expecting them to be here Monday or Tuesday. Until then, I will continue to clean up the interior and get her looking like new. I am also going to be getting the hardware to install my splash guards and will be picking up some clay bar, tire shine, wheel cleaner, and other detailing products so I can get the all the painted parts looking as good as they can until I have the money and time to get the whole car repainted.

Friday, April 22, 2011 4:29 AM
Well I got my arm rest the other day, but still haven't received the dash bezel. I am waiting until I get the dash put in before I post pics because I don't want to post a single picture every time. I know the updates are slow and boring now, but they will pick up soon.. hopefully.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search