The FireRedCav now on Teins - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The FireRedCav now on Teins
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:38 PM
That looks better already bro honestly! I love your car man! We just gotta figure out what we can do to get those aligning correctly. I wonder if you shaved some of the top mounts down on the underside, this would give you somemore clearence to have the headlights sit back further. Hmm.. Damn I wish your car was here in my driveway so we could just go at it and tackle this son of a bitch lol!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:43 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:it still looks wierd, its not the tint, it's the eyelids

Eyelids? You mean the ones I spray painted on my headlights cause I was lazy to not mold them to the hood? (sarcasm)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:46 PM
Adam wrote:That looks better already bro honestly! I love your car man! We just gotta figure out what we can do to get those aligning correctly. I wonder if you shaved some of the top mounts down on the underside, this would give you somemore clearence to have the headlights sit back further. Hmm.. Damn I wish your car was here in my driveway so we could just go at it and tackle this son of a bitch lol!

Lol Thanks bro. I tried adjusting them and they do sit a little better, but not strait. Not sure why but Im sure I can get them to fit better. Damn ebay quality projectors. haha

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:52 PM
LarryMartin830(now with 00z24) wrote:The car looks beautiful if i was you i would ditch the 95-99 head lights and go with 00-02

Thanks Larry. I do have 00-02 headlights that I was going to use with the previous bumper. I was going to modify it but some local guy wanted my bumper so I sold him that one and got my current TRD front. Not sure if I want to mess with it right now. I appreciate your input though.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:35 PM
I wouldn't mess with it. it's one of the few 95-99 bumpers that I like, and I hardly see it in red. I usually black cars rocking the TRD kits. very nice work

one question.. what wheels are those and what size? I'd like a set for my sedan if I end up keeping it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:26 AM
The black sh*t on the doors/quarters/fenders need to go. Other then some other minor changes. I'm a fan!

Would love to see this car with 00-02 headlights!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:47 AM
I'm a fan, but would like to see it minus the black on the sides.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:50 AM
everything but that headlight fitment looks good, but that is WAY off... either way, the car has come a long way, just fix that and be done with it

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:01 AM
KC StreetFire (Casey Schaaf) wrote:everything but that headlight fitment looks good, but that is WAY off... either way, the car has come a long way, just fix that and be done with it

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:20 AM
02_redbadged wrote:The black sh*t on the doors/quarters/fenders need to go. Other then some other minor changes. I'm a fan!

Would love to see this car with 00-02 headlights!

YES! this! ...

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:06 AM
Love it.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:42 AM
The headlights are tinted? Then whats with that horrendous gap/fitment between them and the hood? I'd get that fixed, and I agree, I think some 02 headlights would be tits! And maybe paint the license plate mount on the bumper black so it doesn't stick out as much. Thats one think thats always bugged me with the trd front....

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:01 AM
i love your car... stance is killer
Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:31 PM
FireRedCav wrote:

Eyelids? You mean the ones I spray painted on my headlights cause I was lazy to not mold them to the hood? (sarcasm)

If you're talking about my car i dont know where you got the rumor they were spray painted, they're white tape. which i took off 2 weeks ago but my sig still has them

Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:50 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
FireRedCav wrote:

If you're talking about my car i dont know where you got the rumor they were spray painted, they're white tape. which i took off 2 weeks ago but my sig still has them

White tape? Even worse! Ok enough with the thread jacking, lets stay on topic. In response to those who would like to see the 00-02 style, at the moment I dont wish to modify my bumper. Maybe when I feel tempted enough I will do the swap. Im going up to the attic later to find the headlights and test fit them first to see if I like the way they'll look. Maybe Ill take a pic or two.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:03 PM
Is there a like button here

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:37 AM
Pleasee dont cut that bumper for 00-02 headlights.

the drop looks nice hows it ride?
and i wish you'd do something about that license plate holder on the front

Friday, April 15, 2011 11:43 AM
Hey guys not to thread jack but how hard is it to cutup the bumper to fit 02 headlights

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:50 PM
wheels.. ?

Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:55 PM
Took some pics after work tonight to show the OEM headlights, removed the bottom door strikes and the HID set up.

The headlights fill in those nasty gaps very well.

8000k headlights and 6000k foglights.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 8:27 AM
MUCH better. You can always VHT the stock headlights.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 2:01 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:MUCH better. You can always VHT the stock headlights.

Thanks bro. Ill keep the headlights the way they are. All I tinted in the front is the corners so they can tie in with the bumper turn signals. My OEM headlights are still in beautiful shape so Id like to keep them that way.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 4:17 PM
yea, those stockers are in remarkable shape.. I haven't seen a set that new looking in a very long time

Sunday, April 24, 2011 4:29 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:yea, those stockers are in remarkable shape.. I haven't seen a set that new looking in a very long time

Thats basically why Im leaving them alone. Oh to answer the question regarding my rims, they say "msrg" or something like that. Got them from a salvage yard so I dont have much info on them.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:02 PM
It looks much better with those headlights.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search