Evilution's 2011 Rebuild - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Evilution's 2011 Rebuild
Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:25 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote: looks good though. glad it runs and moves well it sounds like. When does the valve cover cosmetics happen? Matching it to the blower? or wheels? or any other color ideas?

I'm dropping off the valve cover and thermo housing with my welder Friday morning, should have it back Monday, then the valve cover goes straight to the powder coater. Not positive on the color...I was originally going to match it to the blower like the previous one, but now I'm thinking I might want a little accent color...black motor, dark grey blower, car will soon be grey...I'm thinking something to break it up a bit. I have some nice candy apple wine red paint sitting around I like, I may see if the powder coater has something similar (or I may just spray it if they don't)

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:47 AM
Go gold on the cover, tie the wheel color into the bay?

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:52 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Go gold on the cover, tie the wheel color into the bay?

Thought about it. When I had the bronze z24 wheels on I originally matched the cover...liked it at first but after a while it wasn't doing it for me anymore. I dunno though, now that I have the gold on the wheels I do love it. I do have like five L61 covers sitting around, guess I could spray one gold and lay on there and see what I think, lol.

I also have some Milano Red on hand (95-99 Del Sol) that I thought about...it's not too much off from the msd packs color.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:45 AM
go to prismaticpowders.com..........you can look at all the colors and they have customer photos on the colors too.

its where i order my powder from.

i would say someting like illusion purple or jollipop red.

personally im going Translucent blue on my valve cover and brake calipers, then kingsport grey on my charge pipes. possibly intake manifold.
sorry for the bad iphone pics, but ya get the idea on the color

Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:19 AM
have oldskool tune it for both pulleys.

go to dyno, run the 3.1, swap pulley, reflash, redyno

car's looking awesome!

Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:18 AM
nice color choices

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:41 PM
Justin - I may end up going with something from Prismatic, I love the Lollipop Red!

Spencer - we thought about it, but I'm not sure there will be time between runs. Sloppy Mechanics goes pretty fast paced due to the amount of people running. I'll probably see what the 3.1 puts down, then swap/retune whenever, and run the 2.9 at the spring dyno day.

So in other news, we started tuning tonight. Low rpm the car feels great...high rpm we have an anomaly to solve. Car is solid til 3200 rpm, the kicks and bucks wildly. HPT shows the motor revving split second to about 5200, but so quickly the tach doesn't even register it (I think Ryan said it's about .2 seconds). It then kicks into open loop and commands a pig rich AFR. Fueling and AFR look good up til the event, so we don't think it's a fueling issue, such as fuel cut. HPT is also showing an immature CKP code, so as of now we're thinking maybe the sensor it knocking the trigger wheel at some point...like maybe 3200 rpm is the magic number that makes a vibration to wiggle the little sensor bracket. I'm gonna look at it tomorrow and see what it looks like, and finish welding my sensor bracket which should be a bit more sturdy than what is there now.
If anyone has a suggestion of something we're not thinking of, feel free to chime in.

Even with the above issue, the car feels 100x smoother than before. I LOVE the LSJ clutch/flywheel, definitely much quicker engagement and not as heavy feeling as the L61's. Motor definitely revs smoother and quicker than the l61. I think once we figure out the current issue we're in the home stretch. Once we're done tuning I'm going to take the time to swap on the rear disc brakes and few other odds and ends. I'm also going to take the time this year to finally finish my interior. I still have some mismatched panels and I want to rework my dash bezel.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:31 AM
sweet man, im saving up now for a lk9 engine, lol

as for the lollipop red thats an awesome color, especially over super chrome. I almost ordered some on my last order.

as for the sensor, maybe some kinda brace to keep it from wobbling?
Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:23 PM
I actually have a beefier bracket (the one pictures further up in this thread), I just need to alter it. I was using that when first trying to start the car, and the hole was a bit off center from the trigger wheel center, and honestly we have no clue what the sensor's tolerance is as far as distance to/from the wheel, and how centered it needs to be, so to get things started I issued Oldskool's old bracket which is just a little tab of sheet metal bent into a L...it never gave him an issue, but I can see it's potential to wiggle.

Just have to ream out the hole on my bracket a bit to center the sensor better, and hopefully that'll do the trick

Re: Evilution's Never Ending Rebuild
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:36 PM
Ok, got the vibration issue fixed, it was the flimsy bracket as expected. I adjusted my original bracket to position the sensor correctly and it runs like a champ now. We got some tuning done, out of boost drivability is near perfect, solid AFR, no KR, good LTFT...in boost is a different story. We think has a lot to do with the fact that this engine/harness & PCM combo is no way intended to be, lol, so to expected. We didn't fool with it too much, but I'm confident Ryan will get it figured out and it should be running smoothly soon enough. Obviously won't be ready for the Dyno this weekend, but we're going to keep chipping away at the tuning.

I still have to finish up the meth install and a few odds and ends, which hopefully I can address over the next week or so.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:37 PM
MEatCaKe!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:29 AM
UPDATES!!!!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:56 AM
I saw it over the weekend with an engine hoist in it

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:25 AM
OH NO DID IT BLOW?

i hope not
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:38 AM
Nah it was playing delivery vehicle.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search