My last J - 2004 sunfire. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My last J - 2004 sunfire.
Monday, July 04, 2011 1:12 PM
My cavalier was lost to an accident back in February this year. After recovering it from the insurance company we stripped it down to nothing and i was left with a pile of Jbody parts, some sold immediately and some sitting around. So after searching long and hard for a really really clean fresh start i found this 2004 fire. Car was one owner, bone stock and maintained routinely at the dealer from which it was bought (saw carfax). By April it was s/c'ed . Pics:

I originally fully intended to keep this a stock-ish/bolt-on daily driver. However, here it sits, and I've since scored some cams and haven't decided where i want to take the build yet. I've considered everything from throwing them in with some valve springs, to building a whole ported head, to building another LE61. I'm in no rush, as the car is in a good reliable, economical place right now...

C&C welcome.

Re: My last J - 2004 sunfire.
Monday, July 04, 2011 1:26 PM
lol sleeper. nice!

Monday, July 04, 2011 2:33 PM
nice find, car looks great

Monday, July 04, 2011 2:40 PM
i really do love that model sunfire. imho it's the only sunfire that looked good from the factory.

i want boost

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:03 PM
looking good

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:18 PM
Looks great! Now tint the windows! Sleeper FTW

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:22 PM
Thanks guys. Tint, HIDs (cause the stock head lights SUCK), and possible subtle VHT on the tails are the only cosmetic mods that are on the to-do list. Once i have time i want to clean up the catch can install a bit too, and find a more inconspicuous place for it.

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:32 PM
So clean i love this car

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, July 04, 2011 5:22 PM
very clean. very nice

this is just my opinion, but I've loved it since I saw it on Micah's Sunfire.. painting the plate bezel satin black. I think it looks amazing like that, and some VHT'ed tails would make it look even better

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, July 04, 2011 5:32 PM
Very clean. I really didn't expect to see the s/c after seeing the first few pics of the exterior.

Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:very clean. very nice

this is just my opinion, but I've loved it since I saw it on Micah's Sunfire.. painting the plate bezel satin black. I think it looks amazing like that

Thanks Evan. I would post a pic of mine, but my computer refuses to let me upload to photobucket for some reason.

Monday, July 04, 2011 6:35 PM
Looking good Ryan! Like I said before, I LOVE the sleeper aspect...I love seeing the 'fire out on the highway and not a thing about it would make you guess there's a blower hiding under the hood! And I think some VHT on the tails would look great!

Monday, July 04, 2011 9:34 PM
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZzzzZZZZ

Monday, July 04, 2011 10:05 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Looking good Ryan! Like I said before, I LOVE the sleeper aspect...I love seeing the 'fire out on the highway and not a thing about it would make you guess there's a blower hiding under the hood! And I think some VHT on the tails would look great!

I'll get to the tails soon enough, I am the Tail Tinting Titan lol...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:01 AM
It just needs a set of 17x7.5" 35mm offset wheels.

Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Looking good Ryan! Like I said before, I LOVE the sleeper aspect...I love seeing the 'fire out on the highway and not a thing about it would make you guess there's a blower hiding under the hood! And I think some VHT on the tails would look great!

I'll get to the tails soon enough, I am the Tail Tinting Titan lol...

Speaking of which i have a set of tail that are in need of tint....

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:02 AM
If I ever break down and buy a new eco to drive around, its gonna be a stock 03+ sunfire, this thing is a awesome sleeper with the blower under there.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:27 PM
Car is looking great so far,Nice sleeper look to it,Did you install the H/E yet on,I have to get mine on soon,lol....And what cams did you ended up getting for it,,Nice work
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:36 PM
No heat exchanger, and no intentions to run one - i pulled the cores. I have the IAT mounted in the manifold, and with the water meth the IATs during a pull are well controlled. Also keep in mind this is the stock 3.35" pulley and i won't be pulleying down.

I grabbed the comp stage 1 cams because they were super cheap. Realizing these are not the "ideal" cams for a blower set up, it will be better than stock. As you know the blower grind shares intake specs with the stage 1 grind. I will baseline dyno before anything else is installed though.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 5:15 PM
well looks good let me know your numbers,I am still on stock pully also,But now thinking of going to the TVS Charger next month,we will see,And also got a new race head for mine,So be interesting to see what i put down..Keep us posted
Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:25 PM
Grabbed a head to work on. It will get a mild port and bowl clean up, +1mm valves, supertech springs and the comp stage 1's

Might very well be going to pick up an LE5 tomorrow...

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:34 PM
Y only stage ones?

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:51 PM
because i got them super cheap. I wasn't going to do anything after the blower, but at 150 shipped for the cams, it kinda opened a can of worms lol.

Friday, July 29, 2011 1:23 AM
oldskool wrote:Might very well be going to pick up an LE5 tomorrow...

I just got happy in the pants

Friday, July 29, 2011 4:24 AM
Continue, and I say leave the tails alone. Keeps the look more sleeper.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:53 AM
After seeing Micah's new sig i vote on picking up a spare tail light filler piece and having it wrapped in C/F.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, July 29, 2011 3:46 PM
LE5 didn't work out cause they didn't want to help me load it in my car lol. So i worked on cleaning the head.

It wasn't overly dirty to start with, but for submerging it in degreaser/water, scrubbing every orifice i could, then taking a hose to it, it turned out pretty well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search