Transporter's 1SV Build Thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transporter's 1SV Build Thread
Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:27 PM
Well my other project is turning into more of a project than I was expecting, so I needed something to daily in the mean time. Enter the 04 Cavalier 1SV, at 2500 lbs it weights 500 lbs lighter than my Z24, so it should make a great AutoX car... but until then it's on beater duty.

I picked it up for $2750, brakes and a front wheel bearing was shot, but all in all the car is in great shape.

And this is what you get when people tell you a car has "brand new brakes!"... I had to beat on the rotors with a sledge hammer for a while to get them off... sooooo much fun...

I swapped over the springs and struts from my Z24 for the time being, as well as the wheels, at least I don't have to drive around on 14" steelies and fists full of wheel gap...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Transporter's 1SV Build Thread
Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:31 PM
seems like the whole car was resprayed at some point. look good though.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:37 PM
^^How can you tell that?

Beat mods FTW!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:41 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:^^How can you tell that?

Beat mods FTW!

Door handles, mirrors, and b-pillars are all colored matched...

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:55 PM
This makes me sad.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:01 PM
nice beater tim...

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:08 PM
Those wheel look really weird on that car, liked em better on the Z. Nice pick up tho I like that color.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:37 PM
I've got a feeling that we will soon see a part out thread on the z. It always starts with a beater. Glad to see you now have something reliable.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:41 PM
I like the color

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:53 PM
It sucks to see there was problems with the ld9 good to see you got a car with a more reliable engine though.... 5spd?

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:17 PM
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:

Beat mods FTW!

that means the whole car was resprayed? Maybe they did like most do and just paint the mirrors handles and pillars.

Looks good man. Looks almost identical to the slate i started with minus the extra paint add ons. The third brake light inside, as well as no spoiler. Auto? manual? any mods from previous owner? Mileage?

Im a fan of it for sure! welcome to the world of eco

Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:41 PM
cant wait to see what comes of it!
good seeing you the other day! its rare to have someone in my area! hahah

Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:45 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:

Beat mods FTW!

that means the whole car was resprayed?

Maybe, ask azncav. I was just pointing out a few clues.

Tim, it needs boost.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:24 PM
azncav wrote:seems like the whole car was resprayed at some point. look good though.

what makes you think that it was resprayed?

Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:20 PM
Hey just a thought. Why should it matter? Or even be a big deal.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:21 PM
Nice find for a beater! So, this means we'll be seeing you for the KGM meet next weekend? Throw Dan's mini in the trunk and bring him along! lol

Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:27 PM
i would guess manual as he was planning to autox this...

car looks great Tim!

Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:19 PM
azncav wrote:seems like the whole car was resprayed at some point. look good though.

Good eye, the whole car has been re-sprayed, its not perfect but it's pretty damn good. I'm planning on painting the B pillars black again, and probably the mirror sails, I think it ruins the lines of the car with the B pillar not blending into the windows.

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:This makes me sad.

Don't be, the quad will rise again!

Hmm... quad swap into a 1SV?

Zs Z wrote:Those wheel look really weird on that car, liked em better on the Z. Nice pick up tho I like that color.

I agree, but for the time being I wasn't willing to drive around a monster truck on 14" steelies on snows. I'm toying with the idea of a set of Long Beaches for the winter, painted gunmetal since a friend has a set for sale for cheap with Blizzaks already mounted.

MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:I've got a feeling that we will soon see a part out thread on the z. It always starts with a beater. Glad to see you now have something reliable.

@!#$ that @!#$. That quad will be finished, I have hundreds of hours into that build. It WILL come to fruition.

Fluffy wrote:It sucks to see there was problems with the ld9 good to see you got a car with a more reliable engine though.... 5spd?

I couldn't bring myself to buy anything other than a 5 speed, haha. The shifter is really stiff though, it doesn't bounce back to center, so I've got some trouble shooting to do.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:Looks good man. Looks almost identical to the slate i started with minus the extra paint add ons. The third brake light inside, as well as no spoiler. Auto? manual? any mods from previous owner? Mileage?

Im a fan of it for sure! welcome to the world of eco

118k, and the only mods I've found is the paint so far. That and the previous owner must have been allergic to neverseez.

I'm interested to try the Eco out, I've never really had anything against them, but first impressions have me thinking it doesn't have the low end torque my quad does. That could just be the stock intake and exhaust though.

Smoosh wrote:cant wait to see what comes of it!
good seeing you the other day! its rare to have someone in my area! hahah

I'm excited It was good to see you too, the Mini is looking FRESH!

EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Nice find for a beater! So, this means we'll be seeing you for the KGM meet next weekend? Throw Dan's mini in the trunk and bring him along! lol

Not sure yet, we'll see how the next week goes, it's still on the original clutch, so engagement is at the top 2" of throw, which makes driving it interesting, but it still seems to hold just fine. The only thing I'm going to miss on this car is cruise control, so I might be swapping that in soon.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:30 PM
Almost forgot, on the subject of boost. I'm leaning towards a small turbo with small charge pipes, sized correctly I could get almost no lag, make plenty of power for AutoX and not have to worry about the heat soak of a S/C. I'm not looking to break power records, just find out what this chassis is really capable of on a track.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:41 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:

@!#$ that @!#$. That quad will be finished, I have hundreds of hours into that build. It WILL come to fruition.

This I like to hear! Nothing wrong with an Eco but I love my quad

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:03 AM
i approve of this car and going to Eco power with boost in the future

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:50 AM
saab kit? sounds like it would fit your goals quite nicely actually.

Im adding cruise to mine too. I already added power windows and locks and he is working on cruise now.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:03 AM
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I've gotta dig through all the eco parts I got from Cody, I'm pretty sure I have an 03 harness, hopefully it has cruise already. I'm assuming you have to swap engine bay and dash harnesses, as well as throttle cables and the cruise unit itself right?

I'll probably pass on the other power options though, they don't bug me that much and I'm eventually going to strip the car out.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:10 AM
From GM.
1SV or base model Curb weight (lb / kg): Coupe 2617 / 1188--- Sedan: 2676 / 1214
Z24 & LS Sport Curb weight (lb / kg): Coupe: 2740 / 1242--- Sedan: 2799 / 1269
Base model with OHV Curb weight: (lb /kg): 2612 / 1184--- Sedan 2671 / 1211

That car is perfect to use as a beater, since it carried the Eco. It was efficient in that model.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:23 AM
My Z24 weighs in exactly at 3000lbs full of fluids. Tim's Z24 is also on the fat side. Our Zs on the pro-kit sit lower than most cavaliers on lower springs.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search