Transporter's 1SV Build Thread - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Transporter's 1SV Build Thread
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:00 PM
Trying to rack my brain to remember if the visors on the coupes and the sedans are the same.

Because if they are, my wife's 2003 needs a new driver's visor......

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:23 AM
They're different, the angles of the mounts aren't the same.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:48 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:confused on what is actually broke to total it? i mean a rear wheel bearing, pull the radiator support back to line up the bumper, pop out the rear dent and on the road it goes. lol.

The chassis is all twisted and kinked.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:44 AM
Well that is a win lose situation indeed.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:54 AM
Was waiting for this post. So the Z is still going to get love after you been playing in that turbo dub?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:09 AM
Oh definitely, I have way too much work into my Z to not see it run. 3 years of gathering parts and a whole summer that I literally did nothing but wrench on that car. The dub will just be brought up to par mechanically, and then possibly a tune since a friend offered it for free, and then I'm just going to drive it. I'll probably slam it next summer for the fun of it.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:57 AM
Ahhh, this makes sense now.
Sucks about the car but looks like your gunna have fun in that psst.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:16 AM
Take off the plastic panel under the wipers, that is where the bolt will go through for the strut bar.

Nice beater.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:44 AM
Somebody didn't read the thread...

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:11 AM
Andrew Redden wrote:They're different, the angles of the mounts aren't the same.

Ah...I was kinda thinking that was the case.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:41 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Somebody didn't read the thread...

I read up until you wrote drill a hole in the firewall, then I posted how to do it. I'll keep my posts to myself. Good luck with your build.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:55 AM
Somebody still hasn't read the thread...

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:28 PM
Don't Care about your thread. Don't care to read anymore of it. Good luck with your build. :-)

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:31 PM
Somebody is going to feel pretty stupid when he sees page 3...

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:19 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Don't Care about your thread. Don't care to read anymore of it. Good luck with your build. :-)

He is definitely not saying he doesn't appreciate your info but the rest of the thread explains why it just doesn't matter anymore lol

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:21 PM
Maybe you can combine the 2 and make 1 now? Or start a j-body scrapyard.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:18 PM
Scrapyard sounds like a lot more fun, lol

Problem is my red car needs quad parts, which I'm pretty sure I already have. Honestly that car is just waiting for me to have the time to mess with it.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:55 PM
That makes me sad to see the wheels tore up. Oh well such is life.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:01 PM
That was honestly my first thought

There is still a slim possibility that they aren't bent, the tires are all still holding air, but either way I'll be keeping them, they've gone too far to just be scrapped.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:03 PM
Yeah they've been on 4 J's on this site lol, a SRT-4 and I tried one of them on my friends GTI lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:04 PM
I'm thinking I should break out my TIG and make a coffee table and a couple end tables if they're messed up, haha

Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:30 AM
how the heaven did you get so far down into that field?!

Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:07 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:how the heaven did you get so far down into that field?!
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Looks like you spun around at least once on your way, too.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:08 AM
Wide summer tires, a wet muddy field, and being knocked into a daze for long enough to forget to hit the brake, haha.

Edit: Most people really have no idea how much energy is in a car at 55mph. Also note that I hit the field backwards on my drivers side two wheels, which dug into the mud about 6 inches and broke the wheel of, I'm lucky it didn't flip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:12 AM

Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:37 AM
haha yea you are god man that could have been much worse.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search