Joe Schulte took some videos of my ride. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Joe Schulte took some videos of my ride.
Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:43 PM

my 2nd best run of the night at Martin Dragway. I need some better 60's and more boost! Spiking 15psi and holding 11psi. Not a fan of that. Will be hitting the track again soon with 245/50/16 Nitto drag radials opposed to my 225/45/17 BFGs in the video and hopefully a solid 15psi.

Rolling to the cruise. Note the rad cover floating! lol

I just really wanted to share these and he hasn't yet!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Re: Joe Schulte took some videos of my ride.
Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:49 PM
car looks cleeeeaaaaan !!!!

Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:52 PM
08 on a 4 for reaction time? thats pretty good if thats what it was....

I did chuckle a little at how excited you were and accidentally deep staged. Could have been worse, you could have staged the back tires.

Launch looked good but soft. what was your 60's? If you dont mind, post up the whole time slip...

I dont remember what clutch you were on either or how many miles it has.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:10 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:08 on a 4 for reaction time? thats pretty good if thats what it was....

I did chuckle a little at how excited you were and accidentally deep staged. Could have been worse, you could have staged the back tires.

Launch looked good but soft. what was your 60's? If you dont mind, post up the whole time slip...

I dont remember what clutch you were on either or how many miles it has.

LOL. I am so used to running at our local hillbilly track. My nerves were shot after driving a solid 3 hours to this track and running the car as soon as drag radials were torqued down.

Untitled by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Launch felt great in the car. The clutch is a stock AC Delco replacement with roughly 60k on it with Spec flywheel. It's finally BARELY slipping in 5th under boost. If I can keep up the 1.9 60's constantly then I'll be excited, a 1.8 will make me @!#$ my pants. Almost 2 years since my last 12.8@108mph. Car isn't slower... but i want faster before this engine gets yanked and with my newest parts.

I figure I'll whore some photos while here..

Pretty clean for 102,XXX miles on her..

Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:36 PM
Hell, I just want to beat my 2.2 60'. Pulled 2.2's on the radials, did a 2.0 on my falkens.... wtf. What did you have for psi in them? Hard to hear but were you spinning at all? Spinning into 2nd?

I did my best on that same exact clutch, except mine only made it 20K lol. sparks flying the whole way down the track!

That clutch is going to be your downfall I'd say. If its just starting to slip in 5th, and thats a low tq gear, be ready to do some shopping. Scott can hook you up GREAT from what I hear.

Overall nice clean smooth run. Get the PSI issue fixed and you will have a mid 12 car easily.

Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:12 AM
Car is soo hot, just don't like it without a hood.

Advise on burnout, try and float the front end side to side to keep both tires turning.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:48 AM
Still love the car Jay. Hope there is a LSD of some kind in that parts pile of yours

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, September 04, 2011 9:23 AM
great pics and vids

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, September 04, 2011 10:33 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Hell, I just want to beat my 2.2 60'. Pulled 2.2's on the radials, did a 2.0 on my falkens.... wtf. What did you have for psi in them? Hard to hear but were you spinning at all? Spinning into 2nd?

I did my best on that same exact clutch, except mine only made it 20K lol. sparks flying the whole way down the track!

That clutch is going to be your downfall I'd say. If its just starting to slip in 5th, and thats a low tq gear, be ready to do some shopping. Scott can hook you up GREAT from what I hear.

Overall nice clean smooth run. Get the PSI issue fixed and you will have a mid 12 car easily.

I had roughly 18psi in my tires for these runs. First gear seemed to bite nicely and 2nd was just a subtle spin. Clutch will most likely happen over winter.

Blwn LD9 wrote:Still love the car Jay. Hope there is a LSD of some kind in that parts pile of yours

Local distributor has 2 Quaifes in stock for my trans.... Just trying to justify that purchase!

Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:36 PM
Love it!! Damn you trapped 108 and ran a 12.8! Geez I need some traction or practice haha. I trapped 110 one time and ran a 13.1 ughh. Love the car as always man

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:47 PM
I WAS WAS THERE!

We didn't get the 12.8 on video that he ran last.....

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body / GM TUNER Bash Veteran

Monday, September 05, 2011 7:08 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Love it!! Damn you trapped 108 and ran a 12.8! Geez I need some traction or practice haha. I trapped 110 one time and ran a 13.1 ughh. Love the car as always man

What you need is a Getrag swap...

Jeremy ran the same with his build. 13.1 @110mph through the auto. I'm gunning for that trap.. Ideally I was aiming for 113mph.

Kevin Richter wrote:I WAS WAS THERE!

We didn't get the 12.8 on video that he ran last.....

Wear pants next time A-hole! lol

I told you guys.. turn off the camera and I'll run my 12. It's like that every time.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:24 PM
The guy on the snowmobile didn't wear pants!

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 7:30 PM
Meh, f a getrag Auto til the car blows!! lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:11 PM
damn i hope my engine is that clean on the inside. vids make me wish i could drive my car.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:57 AM
Nice runs dude! Reaction times aren't to bad either considering!

Couple pointers, some have already been mentioned...

In the burnout box, turn the wheel side to side quickly, it usually helps with spinning both wheels. Does Camron still have his Quaife equiped trans for sale? I think he only wanted like $800 for it...its a Ecotec case half, but just swap the case half for yours and your golden....just a thought...better than spending the $1400 on just the diff and then having to pay to install it. Put the Ecotec case half back on your trans and sell it for $200-$300, and you have yourself an LSD trans for $500

Another one, if you ever reverse back from the tree, always reverse farther than you need to and then roll forward again. If you reverse it takes the pre-load off the spider gears in the forward direction and puts the preload in the opposite direction allowing a small amount of play between the spiders. This happened to me once at the track (car rolled forward, its a really @!#$ty track) and I reversed, stoped and launched..blew the spider gears into about 10 pieces....just a heads up.

Oh and a set of 24.5\8.5-15 M&H Drags, and you will cut 1.8 60' or better, all day, everyday...lol

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:09 AM
newt wrote:Nice runs dude! Reaction times aren't to bad either considering!

In the burnout box, turn the wheel side to side quickly, it usually helps with spinning both wheels. Does Camron still have his Quaife equiped trans for sale? I think he only wanted like $800 for it...its a Ecotec case half, but just swap the case half for yours and your golden....just a thought...better than spending the $1400 on just the diff and then having to pay to install it. Put the Ecotec case half back on your trans and sell it for $200-$300, and you have yourself an LSD trans for $500

I sent a PM and email to Camron about his quaife and I have not heard back from him yet

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:35 AM
Jay, I believe i have a certain something with your name on it!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:53 PM
newt wrote:Nice runs dude! Reaction times aren't to bad either considering!

Couple pointers, some have already been mentioned...

Another one, if you ever reverse back from the tree, always reverse farther than you need to and then roll forward again. If you reverse it takes the pre-load off the spider gears in the forward direction and puts the preload in the opposite direction allowing a small amount of play between the spiders. This happened to me once at the track (car rolled forward, its a really @!#$ty track) and I reversed, stoped and launched..blew the spider gears into about 10 pieces....just a heads up.

Oh and a set of 24.5\8.5-15 M&H Drags, and you will cut 1.8 60' or better, all day, everyday...lol

Thanks for the info man! I truly appreciate it. Going to our local track on the 24th and if they allow me in the burnout box i'll try the side to side.

-MD- Enforcer wrote:Jay, I believe i have a certain something with your name on it!

PM me or hit be up on Facebook! DO want!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:10 PM
2 things I've learned here.

1) Cav is still titties

2) Joe listens to terrible music

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport *SOLD*
2000 White Cavalier Sedan
Check it out! --> Flickr

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:06 PM
It's called satellite radio and racks on racks on racks.

Friday, September 09, 2011 4:14 PM
Two things I have learned.

1. Jay is Abe Lincolns hood ass descendant.

2. Joe can listen to whatever he wants. Because he has enough sex with our moms for us to all legally call him daddy.

/endpostoftheday

Friday, September 09, 2011 4:34 PM
CLC wrote:Two things I have learned.

1. Jay is Abe Lincolns hood ass descendant.

2. Joe can listen to whatever he wants. Because he has enough sex with our moms for us to all legally call him daddy.

/endpostoftheday
Lol

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:58 AM
Ha you guys crack me up, Nice runs Jay and Joe listens to what he wants cause he's Joe and he is still a homo LOL. Hey Jay every time I work on my cavy( AKA your twin but with fogs) you do what I want to my car before I do it, man you need to get out of my head HA. Also Joe I was at the store yesterday and they had a 20 pack of bud light for 12.99, I got one and will drink it for ya.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Monday, September 12, 2011 4:09 AM
I'll hit you up on facebook later tonight after work.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search