Contrast - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Contrast
Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:28 PM
Never really posted decent pics of my car, driven daily and a lot, just rolled over 150, 000 km, a little less than 95,000 miles.

Just starting to finish the interior, and start on the exterior, had the rims a couple years..

First four pics were taken today, had access to a decent camera. (First and last time these tires will ever see tire shine)

Debadged and cleaned up, save for the side mouldings, still debating..... If I ever paint I'll lose them for sure.

Chopped down the antenna.

Recovered the arm rests with black vinyl.

Blue LEDS in the HVAC with foil mod.

Lowest setting in day.

Brightest intensity at night

Blurry dash pic from the back seat.

Recovered the horribly cracked upper dash piece with vinyl, hard to see..

Interior side view.

Suggestions, comments, and criticism welcome..

..just don't say drop it, check my profile its in the future plans.. maybe next spring, just have more pressing expenses.

Re: Contrast
Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:33 PM
Remove the lift kit.

Other than that it's a good start.
Thursday, August 04, 2011 5:37 PM
What the hell is the foil mod?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, August 04, 2011 5:39 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:What the hell is the foil mod?

it reflects the light off the leds to make it brighter

Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:18 PM
man i tried it and mine sucks monkey butt maybe the leds werent good enought but mine look like poopy, looks great man get a white and black leather or synthetic seats and wrap the rear ones in black and your interior is set. then the exterior.

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:27 PM
needs moar low!!! i was gunna post that on facebook but ill keep on the jbo

or lipkit to help with moar low look untill moar low can be achieved
Thursday, August 04, 2011 8:35 PM
Thirsty Z wrote:Suggestions, comments, and criticism welcome..

..just don't say drop it, check my profile its in the future plans.. maybe next spring, just have more pressing expenses.

It looks fine, dont spend any cash on it.
But always, save it for a daily driver, you will probably be "upgrading" in within the next few years right?

Friday, August 05, 2011 6:42 AM
I like everything about this car except:

Tailpipe points down
I've never been a fan of the clear nobs
as stated before, get those seats wrapped. Possibly a different steering wheel.
Front + Rear lip
and it needs low

Other then that, I love it.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, August 05, 2011 2:33 PM
did you have to tune differently for that altitude?

Sunday, August 07, 2011 3:22 PM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:Remove the lift kit.

Other than that it's a good start.

Forgot to mention I'm also on the market for a "GM induced lift kit delete"

alejandro davila wrote:man i tried it and mine sucks monkey butt maybe the leds werent good enought but mine look like poopy, looks great man get a white and black leather or synthetic seats and wrap the rear ones in black and your interior is set. then the exterior.

Thanks man!
I don't know about wrapping the seats.. not a big fan to begin with and it seems like a task and a half, Ill just buy and retro fit.
For the leds, did you wrap the light diffuser with foil like I did? Maybe if you ask the_miker17(u kiddin) nicely where he ordered the ones that are in our cars from he will tell, they were a couple bucks and are super bright, even in the day.

the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote:needs moar low!!! i was gunna post that on facebook but ill keep on the jbo

or lipkit to help with moar low look untill moar low can be achieved

Haha I completely agree.. we should hit up the yards one of these days and see what we can find for our rigs
..There has to be some goodies what with the plethora of J's they have got.

Zora Duntov wrote:
Thirsty Z wrote:Suggestions, comments, and criticism welcome..

It looks fine, dont spend any cash on it.
But always, save it for a daily driver, you will probably be "upgrading" in within the next few years right?

You sound like the voice in the back of my head haha, you're completely right though. This car realistically is not going to last a whole lot longer in the conditions I drive it in unless I sink a lot of money into body work. It sat for a long time in a driveway before I got it, which is why it still has such low kms, but that didn't keep the rust away..

There really isn't much into this car and if I find a good deal on some lips and new suspension I'm not opposed to dropping the cash.

Before this car I was in a Cadillac, and If I don't find a smoking deal on a truck, I will probably get another.. so putting copious amounts of money into vehicles is just something I'm going to have to get used to unfortunately haha.

Twenty4z wrote:I like everything about this car except:

Tailpipe points down
I've never been a fan of the clear nobs
as stated before, get those seats wrapped. Possibly a different steering wheel.
Front + Rear lip
and it needs low

Other then that, I love it.

Thanks! Everything you listed is getting addressed save for the knobs, and guess what.. the only thing on the car that wasn't done 100% by me.. was the exhaust, and I'm not exactly happy with it. I bought a tip and had them build around it, as you can see I don't have a muffler in the traditional spot and I knew they would fudge the placement of the tip, I will post some straight on pics of the rear end and exhaust.

jfire wrote:did you have to tune differently for that altitude?

She un-tuneable as she sits they tell me with the decreased air pressure its a miracle shes running on the local fuel.
..I think they are just too lazy to break out the stilts to work in my bay

Sunday, August 07, 2011 5:03 PM
yeah i wrapped it in foil but my led were the singel led which i think is the culprit, i met a guy who remanufactures speedometers so hes going to resolder some leds on mine and is going to re-do all my lights to led at the same time for a couple extra bucks. and as far as the seats you can just have someone redo your rear seat for a couple of hundred bucks in vinyl and buy front seats aftermarket or from nother car.

Modding my j since I found the org

Sunday, August 07, 2011 5:27 PM
I wanna see close-up pics of this foil mod so I can see what exactly needs to be wrapped..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, August 07, 2011 6:32 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:I wanna see close-up pics of this foil mod so I can see what exactly needs to be wrapped..

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=99286&t=99286

check out my how to about half way down the page
Monday, August 08, 2011 4:19 AM
Thirsty Z wrote:
Haha I completely agree.. we should hit up the yards one of these days and see what we can find for our rigs
..There has to be some goodies what with the plethora of J's they have got.

ya man im sure we can find time in between classes to make a quick trip out there
Monday, August 08, 2011 7:12 PM
Looking good. Im actually going with the exact same scheme on the interior of my vert. I just love the way it looks. Very nice sir. And mod the piss outta it and get a beater. Thats my motto Keep it up!!!

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:49 PM
Little update:
I'm out of the 4x6 game forever

Just some cheap Lanzar 6.5s for now, brackets may look rough.. and they are.. but they're solid and the panel should hide all.

Snapped some cell pics of the rear straight on, and a couple of exhaust pics.

From these shots you can better see the angle of the tip, I swear in person it appears fairly straight, but I guess you can say it certainly isnt pointing up.

Sorry for the dirty car.. Been busy lately and haven't had a couple spare hours to give her the full in, out, and rim wash.

..Not like shes stupidly close to the bumper or nothin..

The cars excessively loud.. smells like burnt plastic.. and I PAID SOMEONE ELSE.. GOOD MONEY to have the fun of doing it to my car..just another day of moddin'

lesson learned..

Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Looking good. Im actually going with the exact same scheme on the interior of my vert. I just love the way it looks. Very nice sir. And mod the piss outta it and get a beater. Thats my motto Keep it up!!!

Much Thanks!! I can only say good things about going 2 tone black and white, it gets a lot of compliments, looks tits at night, and isn't really that hard to keep clean. When the door handle trim was white it needed regular cleaning, but that was redone in gloss black when I recovered the arm rest insert. All I do is wipe down the entire interior with a microfiber cloth and that's it for maintenance, its been 2 years. I like your motto! Although, sometimes I find myself modding the beater..hence the cav, just never been a stock kinda person, as most canprobably can relate.. haha so boring.

Just for fun I'll toss up some poor quality, sun soaked cell pics of my recent 6 hour(12/13 round) road trip to see some family.

The cav held up well, 30 mpg with the hammer down...

That is the St. Lawrence river and past that is Ogdensburg, New York.

More updates to come

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:06 PM
your shoelaces are two different colors.

just thought i'd let ya know.

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:21 PM
blucavvy wrote:your shoelaces are two different colors.

Not unlike my car..or my hat, shoes themselves, or my suit coat...

I guess its kind of my theme?... didn't do it on purpose.. I swear..

For some reason I just really like black and white

My laundry is really easy to do.

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:23 PM
nicesauce

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:26 PM
Thirsty Z wrote:
blucavvy wrote:your shoelaces are two different colors.

Not unlike my car..or my hat, shoes themselves, or my suit coat...

I guess its kind of my theme?... didn't do it on purpose.. I swear..

For some reason I just really like black and white

My laundry is really easy to do.

Ahh ok the pic with the foil on the hvac plexi.. I assumed it was the speaker in the door pic lol

I skate in those shoes, I take what ever colour I can for them, I go through shoe laces like crazy.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:00 PM
Today was a long time coming, and now that it's done it feels like it has always been. The car looks like it does when I imagine it.

I'll post more pics if anyone wants to see them, just thought I would update here since its always fun to see progress.

I could have taken the pic in the same spot as last time, but the weeds were too grown in to show the wheel wells..

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:28 PM
It looks like you lowered it, am I right? What spring/strut combo did you end up

using? Looks great now!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Monday, June 25, 2012 3:13 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:It looks like you lowered it, am I right? What spring/strut combo did you end up

using? Looks great now!

Haha yep! Thanks !!

I ended up buying a used set of sportlines and yellows off a member here.

The ride is decent, still really firm even with the Koni's at full soft.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search