Leona's winter makeover thread. - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leona's winter makeover thread.
Thursday, August 04, 2011 8:11 PM
Thanks fellas, I will have to look into this after I get my fan connected back to the ecu.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, August 04, 2011 10:15 PM
sexy! almost has me tempted to work on a J again

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, August 05, 2011 7:21 AM
You know you want to Brian!

306 TQ
Friday, August 05, 2011 10:38 AM
Looks awesome Darren, the polished engine and freshly painted bay look awesome.

Friday, August 05, 2011 12:56 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:You know you want to Brian!

Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:32 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Im NOT drilling this charger. No matter what cooling mods I have, NONE of them will cool down IAT's, thats what the Meth is for.

the meth isn't gonna do that much pre blower its gonna cool it some but you will be tearing that blower apart and looking for new rotors or getting them re-coated this is why the M90 powered cares don't run meth unless there intercooled the drill the intercooler and put it in after but the guys that do run it also can fine M90 chargers to replace the rotors M90s are way easier to find then a M45.

do what you want darren i'm just letting you know the risks and for what your doin to the car and all the nice work involved in it, i would never waste that time and money over meth injection

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:35 PM
heres a picture of the M90 rotors after meth use PRE blower.

the only one that don't have this problem is M62 eco as you can install a spacer and inject it in.

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:42 PM
M62/TVS cars run meth pre-blower on the car all over css.net! I ran meth pre-blower on my M45, no issues, sold the kit to a kid whom was more than pleased.

Regarding not being effective, well I cut a solid 3-4 tenths off my quarter mile with the meth alone on the M45.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:52 PM
I ran meth pre sc on my m45, only thing I was worried about was the tps so it was tapped in a tb spacer. It didnt like nitrous however, I sprayed a wet shot and the fuel damaged the bearings in the m45.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:58 PM
I have been running meth pre blower. No signs of wear. This has been talked about many times and I believe someone had contact a couple companys in regards to this and was told this is not as issue.

As for meth pre blower not making much difference.. Really?

I'm running a 2.5 pulley (people use to say too small too much heat no power), also OS crank pulley. I get a 8-11 degree increase in IAT's for a 1gear through 4 gear pull. I say the meth is doing it's job. I can make that pull and the n put my hand on the charger and not get burnt.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 07, 2011 1:09 PM
Engine bay is hawtt

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:06 AM
We had a few nice Cavs at Robs shop, so we decided to snap a few pics, they are VERY dark, so excuse them.
Not one of these cars still has the original engine in it.
From left to right:
Mine, Andys 2.4 supercharged 01 that was originally a 2200, Kris' 3800 supercharged 97 and Robs 3500 01.

The good news is that we didnt have to push Leona into that spot for...
Thats right folks. Leona FINALLY moved under her own power. I drove it around Robs parking lot a bit then parked it for those pics and then drove it back into its spot. It felt GREAT to drive it around, even if it was just about 50 feet. There still isnt a rad in it, so obviously no cooling system. That will get done next week along with extending the wires on the interior harness since the interior currently looks like this...

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:21 AM
we have the same interior

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:40 AM
Its a race interior

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:30 PM
Got more work done tonight.
Got the battery mounted for the final time and all wired.

The new coolant overflow tank from a 2001 Maxima.

The new configuration of the upper rad hose with filler in it. Im not sure If I really like it. I might re-do it this winter. Rob and I have an idea, but we will see how it pans out.

Got the Radiator installed.

I will have to pick up 1.25' tubing for the lower rad hose, then we gotta wire up the fans and the cooling system will be complete.
We installed the exhaust tonight except for the muffler aswell. I got the dash frame in and the interior harness is just about run, we just gotta drill a hole from the cowl into the cab so I can run the wiper harness, then we gotta extend the wires for the new ECM harness and the interior will be ready to be buttoned up aside from a few small things.
So its looking good for race day next Saturday

And yes, I KNOW its filthy and some stuff has oxidized, that will all be dealt with before next Saturday aswell.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:05 AM
Keep up the great work man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:58 AM
Love the battery install!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:03 AM
Love it! I always thought the coolant overflow had to be above the radiator? Just something that ive heard before I thought. Keep it up man.

306 TQ
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:14 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Love it! I always thought the coolant overflow had to be above the radiator? Just something that ive heard before I thought. Keep it up man.

The filler needs to be the highest point of the cooling system. On the j-bodies, the filler is the bottle, hence it needing to be the highest point. The bottle Im running is an un-pressurized surge tank. I made sure to get one where the hose goes to the bottom, so coolant can still flow out of it if needed.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:18 AM
I see now, im clear sir!!

306 TQ
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:45 PM
beautifuL

Friday, August 19, 2011 5:45 AM
Well Im happy to say that the cars cooling system is complete. We got everything buttoned up last night, took it through a couple cooling cycles. No leaks and everything is perfect. It seems like this design for the coolant system could work, we will see once I actually drive it. I gotta say that I love the sound of the dual fans going once the car is shut off
We are having an issue though, and Chris is gonna HATE to hear this. We are getting a loud noise from the power steering pump, it comes and goes, but the power steering lines are hot as hell and the are shaking like mad. The fluid is very mirky and for some reason, when the car is up on the hoist, the steering wheel seems to want to turn by itself.. We are going to check further into it this weekend.
We also spent a good 2 hours playing with the parking brake for the SSBC brakes. They havent been properly working since I installed them. I could use it, but it wouldnt release. We fcuked around with the stupid brackets for atleast an hour. it was so tight that there was no chance of them being bolted back in with the cable attached. We decided to say screw it and we decided that we were gonna make our own brackets over the winter. So we put the cables back in with no bracket, low and behold, once the self ratcheting mechanism in the handle adjusted, the parking brake works fine! So it looks like we stumbled upon the repair for my issue! lol

I will update this further early next week, hopefully we can get the power steering issue figured out, then I can start re-assembling my interior and go racing next Saturday.

Friday, August 19, 2011 5:53 AM
sounds as tho you might need a new pump

Friday, August 19, 2011 6:39 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:sounds as tho you might need a new pump

Thats what Im leaning towards aswell.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:59 PM
Well Rob and I have her pretty much buttoned up. Couple small things left.
Got the ride height sorted out last night while Rob extended the ecm harness.
I think these rims make the car look alot more mean, I love em.

Tonight we got the interior back in and a couple other things.

Cant even tell that all the wiring runs through on this side.

Also installed the Sparco hood pins.

So there she is. Clearly the car is filthy and requires a huge cleanup, but its REALLY nice seeing it like this.

See you bitches Saturday!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search