Long overdue Update - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Long overdue Update
Monday, October 03, 2011 11:54 AM
Car was vandalized in 2009, finally getting new paint.

My "friend" dropped hi GSXR into the rear quarter.

Rear door kicked in, this was after it was pushed back out from the inside.

Some of the key marks sanded down.

Rear quarter pulled out and ready for filler.

holes welded in and filled

Body work getting ready for primer.

ProStock all smooth and primed with epoxy primer. Had some DEEP gouges in the fiberglass.

rear quarter fixed - That door is getting replaced. Not gonna even bother with trying to fix the dents.

Trunk smoothed and ready for final sanding

bodywork done and ready for a final sanding

More pics as it gets closer. - Gonna sit for a week or so to allow the Epoxy primer to shrink/set properly before sanding and the first coat of paint is applied.

Also finally installing My Dream sound system. I'll post pics of the gear in a while.

Re: Long overdue Update
Monday, October 03, 2011 11:58 AM
The driver's side rear door and BOTH front fenders are being replaced. Also, the car is being taken completely apart for paint. All the jambs, under the hood, under the trunk, firewall, shock towers, and radiator support will all have fresh paint and clear coat. Tired of the lack of shine where GM doesn't apply Clear.

Also adding a few touches which will be revealed when it is finished.

Monday, October 03, 2011 12:08 PM
Sticking with same color?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, October 03, 2011 12:23 PM
For the most part. Indigo Blue Metallic Basecoat.

Monday, October 03, 2011 1:21 PM
Nice James! Now this is the post Ive been dying to see you post! Coming along amazing!

Monday, October 03, 2011 1:37 PM
what exactly was the circumstances of the vandalization? where/how did it happen, etc? sucks people do that crap.

should look extra sexy when done. i assume something snky with pearl/kandy/misc?

Monday, October 03, 2011 1:51 PM
Car vandals should be deballed for said crime.

Nice to see itwill make a bigger and badder ass return. Righteous.

Monday, October 03, 2011 2:28 PM
J03Y wrote:what exactly was the circumstances of the vandalization? where/how did it happen, etc? sucks people do that crap.

should look extra sexy when done. i assume something snky with pearl/kandy/misc?

Our club use to host an annual Summer and Fall Car Shows. Our show was on a Saturday and my car was vandalized the following Tuesday. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but we had a few people upset about not winning awards etc. My car for 8 years sat in the road in front of my mother's house. I was at work and got a call from my step father saying he noticed a dent. Came home and the entire car was keyed very badly. Got a few estimates ranging from $3-4,500. Lost motivation and just left it alone til now. Bought a GSX-R last year and just didn't care anymore. I was more upset about getting it fixed than what actually happened. I only want it painted once, I never want to get it redone and I'm picky. so it took a while to see if who I would have paint it. Whoever did the damage did it DEEP. That rear door is garbage to me. I bought a dent/rust free door from a 2005 Sedan. Also bought new fenders. I didn't want any more filler than necessary.

My goal is to have the car complete for Autorama 2012 and debut it there. Obviously some sneek peeks here.

I'll gather my equipment and show you guys the amazing system I have in store for this last and final round. Buying a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T here in the very near future, so this needs to be finished so I don't lose interest. :-)

This Cav will be ten years old next month, bought it new November 21st 2001. Gonna be a nice 10year Anniversary phot this year.

Monday, October 03, 2011 2:38 PM
looking forward to updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, October 03, 2011 2:55 PM
Audio

2 Chrome 450/4 Limited Edition Amps for the mids/highs
1 Chrome 1000/1 Limited Edition Amp for the sub
2 Sets of Hertz Mille MLK 2TW - 1 pair for each door
1 Set of Hertz Hi-Energy 163.4 for the rear (mostly for looks)
THE ONLY 13W7 ANNIVERSARY EDITION IN CHROME - SIGNED BY LUCIO PRONI AND BUILT FOR ME. :-)
3 Kinetik 2,000amp Powercells

I already have my Kenwood KOS system installed for the controls.
Adding our Prodigy1.2 Navigation box (we will be releasing it at SEMA later this month, I work for DIRECTUS)

Pics of the gear:

The amps

THIS SUB IS AMAZING

Front Doors

Gotta make room for 4 of these MONSTERS - 11"x6"x2" X-overs

The Rear speakers

I'll have the amps for the front bridged on all channels, so 300Watts RMS to each door and 300watts rms to the rear deck.

As soon as the car is back from paint, going to my buddies shop to cut out the trunk floor and weld in a battery rack to flush mount the 3 62lb batteries in the floor. Mount all the air ride under the car.

Plexiglass will be used to show off the Sub. Still figuring out how I will do the box. I will be show quality and perform. Most show cars have Tons of tvs, lots of speakers but none of it is ever on. This system will be designed to perform first, then figure out how to make it look good.

Updates as they come.

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:14 PM
Can't wait to see more updates on the car James. Since i've had my Sedan yours has and still is one of my top favorite sedan's here on JBO. I sold mine last year and bought a suzuki GSX600.

WI Vehicle A/C Certified Tech

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:38 PM
Awesome dude! I love this post lol! Keep the updates coming bro! Cant wait to see this beast progress!!!! Also good for you on not letting stupid punks ruin your modivation! It may have taken a lil time, but here you are again lmao!!

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:55 PM
Drool

I cant wait to see this comeplete

Monday, October 03, 2011 4:07 PM
It was so hard to finally drop my car off for paint. Paranoid I guess. But Tommy does great work, I'm sure this will turn out great too. He knows the car is well know and will debut @ Autorama, so I think he's gonna make sure it looks 100% and get some more work from it.

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:02 PM
Looking awesome. You should shave the gas tank door also.

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:38 PM
@!#$ assholes... I can't stand people who gotta hate and vandalize other people's belongings. My friend's Cavalier actually got totalled after being vandalized, so I'm glad to see this one still going.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, October 03, 2011 9:10 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Looking awesome. You should shave the gas tank door also.

Do this and the antenna as wellI'mIm not building a "show" car and will doing it as well. s

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, October 03, 2011 9:20 PM
DSMskyline wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Looking awesome. You should shave the gas tank door also.

Do this and the antenna as wellI'mIm not building a "show" car and will doing it as well. s

The antenna is shaved.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:32 AM
Can't relocate the gas door to the drip rail since I installed the Vert hinges. They are welded in to the bottom if the drip rail.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:12 AM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Can't relocate the gas door to the drip rail since I installed the Vert hinges. They are welded in to the bottom if the drip rail.

are you sure there is no room? or atleast another filler setup? kinda like got2begt fuel door? it would clean up that quarter to match the rest of the car being custom.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:23 PM
I was going to relocate to The drip rail. Once we welded in the Vert hinges I realized it will not fit there now. They are welded directly where the cap would go. Not too worried about it, leaving the handles too. I actually drive the car a lot in the summer months. It will be an overall good looking car in every area, doubt it will be noticed that much.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:41 PM

See what I mean?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:19 PM
Hey James it's about time you got that shish together HA, car is looking good Bro. Can't wait to we the new trunk set up, it will look great as always. Keep the updates comming.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:43 AM
Nice man I can't wait.to.see the update. I have always like your car from when you drive all the way here to KY to now. Also vandals can suck it.......

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:07 AM
Sure do miss my JBOK buddies.

Those were DEF GOOD TIMES

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search