how my 2011 went. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how my 2011 went.
Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:23 PM
its been a while since ive posted pics. another month or so and the car will go back in the garage for the winter. heres how it sits.

last i posted i had just put an engine in and it was running well. 3 weeks later im driving normally, 4th gear around 45and i start getting a tick and a tick turns into a random slapping, then a loud plain as day rod knock. turns out i had an improperly machined crankshaft that ate away all 4 of my new rod bearings after 350 miles. tore it down replaced the crank with matching bearings, all 4 rods and cleaned out everything. this time its been well over a month, engine was broken in properly for 1000 miles and i've put another 500 on since. all has been well thus far, and i haven't been nice since i hit 1000. anyway, heres pics.

while i had it apart i painted the block.

and the cam towers

and heres the rest of the car. body needs some work. maybe this winter. this is the day i mounted and balanced the tires on the new wheels.

and with my buddy's VR-4 which has also been down for quite some time. (who ever would've guessed, a DSM with problems...)

thats pretty much it for me this year. if i end up doing it this winter body work would include bumpers fixed/painted, new skirts, paint on an 03+ spoiler and a front filler plate i have .

Re: how my 2011 went.
Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:41 PM
Lookin good.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:11 PM
I'm gonna cut you if you don't plan to paint that upper motor mount bracket...

Aside from that, great work!

Exterior plans sound perfect. Wheels look great on there!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:16 PM
awesome build and awesome car.

Monday, September 26, 2011 4:15 AM
i dig it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:51 PM
thanks fellas.

i may just grab new mounts next year. between having the absolute piss beaten out of them and being in and out of the car 500 times they're getting pretty worn. lol. the bushing color doesn't really match up anymore anyway. neither does the filter. and the intake is broken. i have a lot to do.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:17 PM
just a couple more.

saturday i wired in a 2.2 coil swap. did a nice solder job on all the wires. just gotta trim and cleanup the bracket a bit more and cleanup all my wire routing a bit. runs good though. been having trouble with the ignition anyway so this was a nice easy fix.

i picked this up from OEM about 3 or 4 months ago when he had it in the classifieds and i just got around to installing it today.

triangulated trunk brace that i painted the same color as my engine . drove with it for a while today and i love it. pain in the ass to install but worth it.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:26 PM
I'm definitely digging it, but it looks like you pretty much have no trunk space anymore.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, October 03, 2011 3:34 PM
stiff chassis > trunk space

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search