saw this on stanceworks - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: saw this on stanceworks
Monday, October 03, 2011 5:03 AM
looks to me that fetters sits a good 2" or more higher.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, October 03, 2011 5:10 AM
Jason Roy wrote:
Zs Z wrote:
Jason Roy wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:im calling lets see the setup on the car.

anybody can post pics of strut spring columns.....

I made the strut tubes, there is about 15 hours of machining in them. They are installed and working great.

But how are they installed? we would like to see pics on the car.

The stock mounts for the knuckle were removed for a stock housing and welded on to the new tubes, koni yellow cartridge was bolted in, then ground control and strut mount.

So are the mounts raised on the new housing, and are you running a shorter Koni?

Your details here are overwhelming.

Fetter's car has the ability to fly off the ground with his traps, he needs the low-low!

Monday, October 03, 2011 5:51 AM
Fetter's Paint!!! SO CLEAN and SMOOTH!!!

Also not as low as the Silver car.

Monday, October 03, 2011 6:37 AM
Fetters car isnt as low as Jeff's, but the control arms and tie rods are doing the exact same thing on both cars. They are both at extreme angles. Thats the point that Im making here.

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:24 AM
Lolololol
Monday, October 03, 2011 8:32 AM
I don't understand all the hate. Dude did something totally custom, and totally different than the same old every thread on here.

props

Monday, October 03, 2011 11:35 AM
J03Y wrote:I don't understand all the hate. Dude did something totally custom, and totally different than the same old every thread on here.

props

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, October 03, 2011 11:40 AM
Monday, October 03, 2011 11:49 AM
GTPSUNFIRE: Regardless of if its Fetter, you, Azncav, PJ, or even Quibby, I don't care. You think that im scared to call out anyone? I got news for you. Im not "scared" to do anything. I will continue to call it as I see it. Unsafe is unsafe regardless of who is doing it. I've been in the auto service, diagnostic, and repair field for Damn near a decade. I have worked on Damn near every type of suspension currently in use (including pneumatic on an old Citroen), and I've also taken numerous suspension and design theory classes and am ASE certified to boot. Maybe im coming across as a dick, but suspension/brake integrity and safety is not something to take lightly. I have seen way too many hacked together suspensions, improper suspensions, and worn out suspensions cause major accidents and deaths that could have been avoided. Go ahead and argue all you want about appearance and aesthetics, because appearance is subjective and has almost no bearing on vehicle safety. Yeah my FMIC was kinda low, but it has since been corrected, and it never once scraped the ground. I would have broke an oil pan before I damaged it.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, October 03, 2011 12:01 PM
Want the link to Fetters build thread? I think you need to teach him a lesson in suspension geometry.
So you say you have been a tech for almost 10 years? So since around the time that I was entering my 3rd year of being licensed then. Got it...

Monday, October 03, 2011 12:12 PM
I don't care here, but im just wondering WHERE the hate is?

All I see is people upset he went to lengths to lower is car so much he @!#$ up his oil pan and he doesn't care, evidence shown that he is making a shield for it.

My view is that peole is thinking he is stupid for driving that low and at the same time taking chunks out of the pan.

Is that hate?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, October 03, 2011 12:12 PM
*yawns*

Monday, October 03, 2011 2:11 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:I don't care here, but im just wondering WHERE the hate is?

All I see is people upset he went to lengths to lower is car so much he @!#$ up his oil pan and he doesn't care, evidence shown that he HAS MADE a shield for it.

My view is that peole is thinking he is stupid for driving that low and at the same time taking chunks out of the pan.

Is that hate?

after roughly 1600 miles in one weekend.

and for those of you who hate my car because of a little undercoat, here is my old project... I built this when I was 16, pretty sure its cleaner then 90% of the cars on here

and I was no stranger to being low back then either.

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:28 PM
Roofy wrote:GTPSUNFIRE: Regardless of if its Fetter, you, Azncav, PJ, or even Quibby, I don't care. You think that im scared to call out anyone? I got news for you. Im not "scared" to do anything. I will continue to call it as I see it. Unsafe is unsafe regardless of who is doing it. I've been in the auto service, diagnostic, and repair field for Damn near a decade. I have worked on Damn near every type of suspension currently in use (including pneumatic on an old Citroen), and I've also taken numerous suspension and design theory classes and am ASE certified to boot. Maybe im coming across as a dick, but suspension/brake integrity and safety is not something to take lightly. I have seen way too many hacked together suspensions, improper suspensions, and worn out suspensions cause major accidents and deaths that could have been avoided. Go ahead and argue all you want about appearance and aesthetics, because appearance is subjective and has almost no bearing on vehicle safety. Yeah my FMIC was kinda low, but it has since been corrected, and it never once scraped the ground. I would have broke an oil pan before I damaged it.

you are arguing about the quality of suspension and safety factor and you drive a j-body, yeah you really come off as a credible source of expertise on suspension and safety... great choice on vehicle purchase then...

you might want to check yourself.

Monday, October 03, 2011 3:53 PM
Before you wrickity wreck yourself.

Couldn't resist!

Hey Jeff, I don't care about your primered Honda either, pics of current suspension assembled, and details on Koni's please?

Monday, October 03, 2011 4:08 PM
Cuz shotgun Bullets are bad fo ya health!!

Monday, October 03, 2011 4:33 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Roofy wrote:GTPSUNFIRE: Regardless of if its Fetter, you, Azncav, PJ, or even Quibby, I don't care. You think that im scared to call out anyone? I got news for you. Im not "scared" to do anything. I will continue to call it as I see it. Unsafe is unsafe regardless of who is doing it. I've been in the auto service, diagnostic, and repair field for Damn near a decade. I have worked on Damn near every type of suspension currently in use (including pneumatic on an old Citroen), and I've also taken numerous suspension and design theory classes and am ASE certified to boot. Maybe im coming across as a dick, but suspension/brake integrity and safety is not something to take lightly. I have seen way too many hacked together suspensions, improper suspensions, and worn out suspensions cause major accidents and deaths that could have been avoided. Go ahead and argue all you want about appearance and aesthetics, because appearance is subjective and has almost no bearing on vehicle safety. Yeah my FMIC was kinda low, but it has since been corrected, and it never once scraped the ground. I would have broke an oil pan before I damaged it.

you are arguing about the quality of suspension and safety factor and you drive a j-body, yeah you really come off as a credible source of expertise on suspension and safety... great choice on vehicle purchase then...

So you are negating all of the facts and information I have posted simply because I drive a j-body like a majority of the people on this site do?? Wow, the stupidity of some people amaze me sometimes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 03, 2011 6:09 PM

Monday, October 03, 2011 4:55 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Before you wrickity wreck yourself.

Couldn't resist!

Hey Jeff, I don't care about your primered Honda either, pics of current suspension assembled, and details on Koni's please?

i think this is the third time pics have been asked for and not delivered....the bs flag is rising...lol...

Monday, October 03, 2011 5:19 PM
J03Y wrote:I don't understand all the hate. Dude did something totally custom, and totally different than the same old every thread on here.

props

pretty much what I said from the beginning lol. Its nice to see new things come up from nowhere.

Monday, October 03, 2011 6:23 PM
Roofy wrote:
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:

So you are negating all of the facts and information I have posted simply because I drive a j-body like a majority of the people on this site do?? Wow, the stupidity of some people amaze me sometimes...

So you're negating all of the facts and information I stated, just because I drive a J-body, like a majority of everyone else on this site???

no im not negating any of your information, im just saying you need to check yourself for criticizing somebody when in all reality you have junk for suspension being that you drive a j-body, in no way shape or form do we have a quality suspension setup to begin with so dont be doing much talking, if you want to be some suspension guru and criticize then maybe you should have a different platform, till then you are not doing much better than him and you need to cool it on your expertise. im surprised im not seeing you in some thread where some guy posted up his completely bone stock cavalier. where were you then when you should be yelling at him for being stock on our crappy suspension?... why not give them some of your facts and information on suspension.

i like what the man has done, im pretty sure he knows what his car is setup to do, he isnt trying to race it and act like its built to handle on rails, the car is meant to sit low and he actually took the extra effort and built it to have some sort of dampening vs what a lot of other people would have done to get extremely low. props to him.

Monday, October 03, 2011 6:35 PM
Props to my face.

Mad props.

Monday, October 03, 2011 6:35 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:I don't care here, but im just wondering WHERE the hate is?

All I see is people upset he went to lengths to lower is car so much he @!#$ up his oil pan and he doesn't care, evidence shown that he HAS MADE a shield for it.

Is that hate?

after roughly 1600 miles in one weekend.

and for those of you who hate my car because of a little undercoat, here is my old project... I built this when I was 16, pretty sure its cleaner then 90% of the cars on here

and I was no stranger to being low back then either.

MADE is what I meant lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, October 03, 2011 8:31 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:I built this when I was 16, pretty sure its cleaner then 90% of the cars on here

See, THIS is what I'm talking about. You keep thinking your @!#$ is better than everyone else's here. Just because you have some custom suspension -yet failed to produce pics of it actually on your car when asked repeatedly- doesn't make you better than the majority of the site. Hell, if you really wanna wax on it, suspension is ALL you have other than a dirty, greasy Cavalier. When you have guys like Fetter, Seamless, and Big Poppa.. your car isn't a spit in the bucket. So please, get the @!#$ off of your high horse.

And by the way, you think that primered up Accord on some 15s is cleaner than 90% of the cars here? I've seen cleaner Hondas in this po-dunk town I live in. Two of them are in the parking lot at my job. It's more like your Honda looks like 90% of the crap I see every day.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, October 03, 2011 8:58 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
Jeff Wybrow wrote:I built this when I was 16, pretty sure its cleaner then 90% of the cars on here

See, THIS is what I'm talking about. You keep thinking your @!#$ is better than everyone else's here. Just because you have some custom suspension -yet failed to produce pics of it actually on your car when asked repeatedly- doesn't make you better than the majority of the site. Hell, if you really wanna wax on it, suspension is ALL you have other than a dirty, greasy Cavalier. When you have guys like Fetter, Seamless, and Big Poppa.. your car isn't a spit in the bucket. So please, get the @!#$ off of your high horse.

And by the way, you think that primered up Accord on some 15s is cleaner than 90% of the cars here? I've seen cleaner Hondas in this po-dunk town I live in. Two of them are in the parking lot at my job. It's more like your Honda looks like 90% of the crap I see every day.

Again, at no point have I said Im better then anyone. Out of 100 cars on here, how many engine bays look like that? Although it sounded it, I meant nothing to do with the exterior, albeit the car was in actual fact a bag of @!#$ that I sunk far too much money into. Im getting sick of this thread continually going back to my "piss poor attitude" and my filthy, greasy car.

Ive said time and time again, I would be willing to bet my ownership this car is taken care of better then most (and by that I dont mean on this forum... I mean in general - so again... dont think im tooting my own horn, wouldnt want to make your temperature rise AGAIN )

The car has 309,xxx kilometres on it and it definitely shows it in some spots... and you know what, I cant justify spending $5000 on a paint job on a car I bought for $1000 and that I drive every winter.

EvoFire wrote:i think this is the third time pics have been asked for and not delivered....the bs flag is rising...lol...

@!#$ bro, you're right. You caught me... Im on stock struts and cut 3 coils off.

Guess the cats out of the bag.

Thats the best I got before I finished them and installed, and you guys are @!#$ if you think Im jacking the car up just to prove a point. I know whats there, and I know how it rides.
Monday, October 03, 2011 10:05 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote: Again, at no point have I said Im better then anyone. Out of 100 cars on here, how many engine bays look like that? Although it sounded it, I meant nothing to do with the exterior, albeit the car was in actual fact a bag of @!#$ that I sunk far too much money into. Im getting sick of this thread continually going back to my "piss poor attitude" and my filthy, greasy car.

So you continue to bash and act better than everyone, yet claim you don't in the VERY SAME PARAGRAPH!?!?!? Amazing. Really. And to answer your question, no not many engine bays on this website are that clean.... but I could go to any import car show and pick out a half a dozen just like it.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search