96 Turbocharged Z24 - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 96 Turbocharged Z24
Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:18 AM
Did you replace anything else in the trans?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:15 AM
Hell yea, looks like mine when I watched get my insert put it.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:23 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Did you replace anything else in the trans?

No I didn't. I want to one day with upgrades, but I don't have $3-4k to do it right. I'll wait till it fails on me. Although I've thought of going 5 speed after it goes.

Oh, and to ecotecpower...I am in the Springs now. Once we're settled and it's a little warmer we should meet up with some other guys (if there are any) so I can meet some other j-body members...but mostly I want to see your car in person

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:39 AM
Sounds good, only really one other Guy I talk to. Although wanna buy my car? Lol. I'm seriously thinking about moving on.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 5:50 PM
Here's some more pics, and more on the way. We're getting closer. My goal was to be driving this by Dec 2011, but since that's out the window I'm focusing on making sure it's all done right instead of rushing to throw it together.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:16 PM
Very nice! My trans looked the same when it went in, to bad you can't really see it once its in

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:31 PM
ecotecpower wrote:Very nice! My trans looked the same when it went in, to bad you can't really see it once its in

Yeah I'm really glad how it all has turned out so far. I really like the cam towers black. My dad thinks the turbo mani will crack, so he didn't want to have it powder coated. I'll get a tubular one at some point anyway.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:18 PM
Looks like it's going to be a tight fit with the auto trani and where the turbo is going to sit. I don't have a auto so i don't know how much room you got there, just going of the pics.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:21 PM
onecleancavy wrote:Looks like it's going to be a tight fit with the auto trani and where the turbo is going to sit. I don't have a auto so i don't know how much room you got there, just going of the pics.

That manifold came off a auto car so it should fit fine.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:44 PM
onecleancavy wrote:Looks like it's going to be a tight fit with the auto trani and where the turbo is going to sit. I don't have a auto so i don't know how much room you got there, just going of the pics.

Yeah I bet it is. Others have made a turbo fit with the auto, so we shall see. Time permitting...the engine and trans will be going back in tomorrow. At least this week anyway. Then, the routing of the intercooler piping begins. The exhaust needs to be finished as well.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:14 AM
Looks good so far.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:11 AM
Comin along

306 TQ
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:52 PM
Sweet. I hope it fits. Keep at it, looking good

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:07 PM
Getting closer and closer, and it's looking good. The turbo and intercooler piping will be a tight fit, but we'll get 'em in there.

Yeah buddy. I have the HO intake and looking to have it polished before install.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, February 10, 2012 2:57 PM
Wow so much work an effort! Deffinetly worth it though

"Yes I am aware cut springs are hack!".
Friday, February 10, 2012 6:54 PM
Man looks great. I need to step up my game.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Friday, February 10, 2012 9:47 PM
Clean firewall, clean bay. clean motor.... very good work man. cant wait to see it running.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:43 AM
good luck getting the turbo to fit... your gonna need to either carve the hell out of he trans or use a bitty bitty turbo. you'd be better off getting a manifold that has the turbo flat, not pointing down.

damn autos.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:54 AM
@!#$ I just realized the manifold points down,good luck with the turbo like others have said. My manifold has my turbo facing straight to the firewall, enabling my turbo to clear my auto trans by miles, even with the size of my turbo housing.

306 TQ
Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:04 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:

That manifold came off a auto car so it should fit fine.

It's tight, but everything should cram in there once it's all said and done. We're trying to figure out how we want to route the piping. I need some feed and return lines still, too.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Both my dad and I are getting excited to see this thing run.

I've also been wondering what to do with the IDI cover? Paint it black...silver...white...chrome it...or since I'm doing the MSD 2.2 coil conversion just leave it off. Suggestions?

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:09 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:@!#$ I just realized the manifold points down,good luck with the turbo like others have said. My manifold has my turbo facing straight to the firewall, enabling my turbo to clear my auto trans by miles, even with the size of my turbo housing.

that is a SpeedCraft manifold that was made on a auto car. I know for a fact a t3/t4 .46 trim will fit just fine.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:23 AM
Why didnt you paint the timing chain housing/cover? Everything els so far looks great

Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:42 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:@!#$ I just realized the manifold points down,good luck with the turbo like others have said. My manifold has my turbo facing straight to the firewall, enabling my turbo to clear my auto trans by miles, even with the size of my turbo housing.

that is a SpeedCraft manifold that was made on a auto car. I know for a fact a t3/t4 .46 trim will fit just fine.

He said he is using a t3/t4 .63ar turbo.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:40 PM
onecleancavy wrote:Why didnt you paint the timing chain housing/cover? Everything els so far looks great

I just felt I wanted to leave that to give a little contrast in color. I like it.

Also, this week I'll know for sure how the mani and turbo and trans will all fit. If it just won't work, then I'll get another manifold I guess. Actually, my dad will probably just fab one up for me. I got this one because it seemed like a great deal and would save us some time.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:44 AM
DSMskyline wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

He said he is using a t3/t4 .63ar turbo.

O

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search