Bring on the winter....... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bring on the winter.......
Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:54 PM
Just installed my 205/75r14 winter tires. Yes they are big, but got a good deal on them, all 4 tires have almost 90-95% thread on them and got them with steelies for about $150. I was looking for 195/75s and was a little worried about these tires clearing but they do, they are tight but no rubbing at all.

oh and if anyone is wondering about weight, the factory 16s with uniroyal tiger paws weigh 38lbs and these 14s with firestone winterforces weigh 39.5lbs, I was expecting a bigger differance.

On to the pictures, and yes it looks like a big ugly 4x4 now but we get a @!#$load of snow so a little ground clearance is nice to have....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: Bring on the winter.......
Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:07 PM
Damn. To bad its not awd. That would be awsome

Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:25 PM
yeah,I have always wanted to have an awd car in the winter. Last winter I had a $200 neon with srt4 springs(lifts a 1st gen neon almost 2") and 25" tall tires(stock were like 23.7" tall) It was a fun little beater, but clutch went, engine leaked/burnt 1L of oil a week,tranny was ready to blow, struts were all blown, so figured it was more work to fix then it was worth, so I upgraded to the cavy.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:07 PM
Definitely an upgrade from a first gen Neon lol..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:17 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Definitely an upgrade from a first gen Neon lol..

I think roller blades without the wheels would be an upgrade for the 1st gen neon. lol.

Monday, November 14, 2011 6:14 AM
lol, the only thing I missed about the neon is you didnt have to slow down for pot holes or anything cause you didnt give a @!#$ about it... now I have a car that I care about, you have to slow down and be gentle to it. I avoid big puddles and muddy back backs now...
It was a fun beater though, the funny thing is, I paid $200 for it, might have spent $50 in repairs for a year, and then sold it with a no clutch (so the guy had to load it on a trailer) for $360.

Monday, November 14, 2011 3:51 PM
Nice turn around on it, I'd say.

LMAO @ Freelancer

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, November 14, 2011 5:42 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Nice turn around on it, I'd say.

LMAO @ Freelancer

Yeah, I nick named it my investment beater.....

Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:31 AM
in the winter, clearance is over-rated I ride my car through rain, snow and everything since no salt on roads, and we have the worst raods in Canada, (actually was ranked 2nd but still)

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search