Alittle preveiw for 2012. - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Alittle preveiw for 2012.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:07 AM
Ohhhh, I want one! I'll admit, I thought maybe plug was an electrical plug, for a moment thought you were gonna integrate the cobalt sensor somehow..... *brain fart.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:10 AM
I decided to take a last minute trip to Island Dragway last night. Keep in mind that this was my 2nd time ever drag racing(driver mod needed), 1.5* camber up front, and on street tires that are intended for handling. I didnt attempt to launch it for these runs.

I bet with a good driver(PJ), no camber, proper tires, and some damping adjustments that the car could have low 13s in it atleast.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:11 AM
You definitely weren't launching hard, your 60 foot times indicate that. Lol
Those are very good numbers for sure. Good job.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:11 AM
Your MPH = low 13 with Dag radial and a hard launch. Some Nitto 555r would do you good
Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:17 AM
not bad for the #s

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:42 AM
nice times kyle! did you get a "100 mph club" sticker?

Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:56 AM
Nice! Definitely want to see what it'll do with different tires and a hard launch.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:17 AM
strat81 wrote:nice times kyle! did you get a "100 mph club" sticker?

No.

I forgot to add that i was spinning pretty well when i hit 2nd gear. The only problem with slicks or drag radials is that they'll have to be on some 17" wheels. I cant run anything smaller with the big brakes.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:28 PM
Good times Kyle, not bad at all considering your setup for handling atm. Good show sir.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:51 PM
http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Racemaster-Drag-Slicks?product_id=150#.UFTcK65RF8E

im going to be ordering these of the winter to clear my baers as well. brand new tire just released this summer.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:20 PM
lol, what were you running against that got an 18sec?

good times man. with some better tires and some more seat time there's no reason you couldn't hit low 13's.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:05 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

No.

I forgot to add that i was spinning pretty well when i hit 2nd gear. The only problem with slicks or drag radials is that they'll have to be on some 17" wheels. I cant run anything smaller with the big brakes.

what size brakes? you can get a 16" to fit! I promise!

Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:01 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
strat81 wrote:The only problem with slicks or drag radials is that they'll have to be on some 17" wheels. I cant run anything smaller with the big brakes.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NIT-180660/
Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:24 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

No.

He had Baers. They dont clear 16s

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:55 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

No.

You'd be hard pressed to find a 16 that clears the baer calipers. Hell my old 18s hit the calipers... hence why I don't run them anymore.

Sunday, September 16, 2012 1:36 AM
when are we doing this kyle?

btw... I need a waiver in case I break something.

me + car + racetrack =/= taking it easy.

don't worry, I have AAA.

Monday, October 08, 2012 10:49 AM
Well something isnt right. I was just looking over the cav. On friday i saw ~5in of vacuum and ~7psi boost and the CEL was on(had been on, comes on on highway trips and goes out). Other than that it ran fine, just down on power. Today, no vacuum and maybe 1psi(by the boost gauge and just revving it). The car sat all weekend, i didnt even open the garage door and look at it. CELs are PO105(MAP Circuit Malfunction) and PO302(Cylinder #2 Misfire). I could hear the misfire when i started it today.

With the PO105 code, i doubt that my boost gauge died. I havent pulled the spark plugs yet. I would like to datalog it, but i dont have anything available to datalog it with.

The car ran great last Sunday(30th), then it sat for the week until i decided the weather was good enough on Friday to run around in it.

blucavvy wrote:lol, what were you running against that got an 18sec?

Mazda Proto5.

Depending on what is wrong with it i might just rip the whole drive train out of it and start working on COMPLETELY overhauling it(I.E. Tuner kit and built engine).

Monday, October 08, 2012 10:57 AM
oh idk, 2.2 60's arent that bad on street tires especially being mega blown like you are. i can only imagine how much of a bitch it is to launch your's considering mine just annilates first gear and its an AUTO with a baby m45 LOL

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, October 08, 2012 11:42 AM
Are you on a factory ecu? Meaning not using a LD9 harness and GM reflash?

Even if you are. MAP controls fueling at idle, and spark, so a bad map could cause alot of issues.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:36 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Are you on a factory ecu?

Yes. Stock L61 ecu tuned with HP Tuners by Oldskool.

My findings from today:

Boost Gauge - Still screwed up. It is barely moving.
Checked the plugs - Normal, good color and good gap.
Swapped ignitions - Idles better, but still feels like something isnt right.
Cold start - Pops right off but hangs at 1.5k the slowly drops to ~1krpms
Warm start - Turns over, catches, dies. If i give it gas when it catches it'll run. Sorta like it is heatsoaked, but the engine wasnt up to operating temps yet.
Other - Revs fine. No signs of a misfire while revving.

I am borrowing an adapter tonight to try to run Torque on my phone.

I am starting to think the TMAP and boost gauge are both dead.

I backed it down the driveway last night and punched it in 1st gear. It spun "posi" each time and left nice burnout marks on the driveway.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:58 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Well something isnt right. I was just looking over the cav. On friday i saw ~5in of vacuum and ~7psi boost and the CEL was on(had been on, comes on on highway trips and goes out). Other than that it ran fine, just down on power. Today, no vacuum and maybe 1psi(by the boost gauge and just revving it). The car sat all weekend, i didnt even open the garage door and look at it. CELs are PO105(MAP Circuit Malfunction) and PO302(Cylinder #2 Misfire). I could hear the misfire when i started it today.

With the PO105 code, i doubt that my boost gauge died. I havent pulled the spark plugs yet. I would like to datalog it, but i dont have anything available to datalog it with.

The car ran great last Sunday(30th), then it sat for the week until i decided the weather was good enough on Friday to run around in it.

blucavvy wrote:lol, what were you running against that got an 18sec?

Mazda Proto5.

Depending on what is wrong with it i might just rip the whole drive train out of it and start working on COMPLETELY overhauling it(I.E. Tuner kit and built engine).

The reaper did sort of the same thing on me. But it did not run after a week. I always start with the basics, compression, fuel and ignition. Make sure you have good compression, then go from there, fuel PSI, spark etc. I know it sounds dumb but every ounce of info you have will help determine the problem and make it that much easier to fix.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:11 AM
Here's hoping it's not a ringland
Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:19 PM
PCM gave up the ghost tonight. 20 mile roll back ride home, YAY!!!! Idle fueling was WAYYY rich, WOT was lean. It is starting to sound like i have the Subaru death idle. We(Oldskool and I) didnt get the chance to fix the idle fueling before the PCM died.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:59 PM
i had my car sounding like a subaru driving home a few times..
usually cleared up

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:20 PM
If you need a PCM, i have one. It's an auto, but Ryan can fix that.

On the other hand...you do have a good ld9 PCM and harness

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search