Vette Wheels - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:11 AM
Are you going to be able to steer without hitting the fenders once the engine is back in???? I like how you have upgraded and fabricated compared to last time, but damn I think it is still too low.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:24 PM
Roofy wrote:Are you going to be able to steer without hitting the fenders once the engine is back in???? I like how you have upgraded and fabricated compared to last time, but damn I think it is still too low.

They did before, do now, and will continue to rub. I've just added to the modifications...from last time? The quality of work hasn't changed. And thanks.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:quarters don't look cool or factory or good in any way, the look exactly as they are... beat, hacked, unevenly bent and ugly. Sorry dude but I just don't get people doing things to damage their car like that for the sake of fads.....

I'm aware they are not perfect. It's clearly mentioned multiple times. However, they ARE NOT beat, hacked, or uneven. A lot of time was put into them with a fender roller, MADE to do that. At no point did I claim to perfection.

Onto the sake of fads, are you kidding? Would you rather me slap a body kit, some 20's and underglow to my car? Because, yes, I know. They look "good" and "factory". Thanks for your input, but I genuinely can't get into your frame of mind.
Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:08 PM
Fender rollers are actually NOT made for flaring quarter panels. Just saying.... That's why it doesn't look right, that metal is not meant to bend like that, and you can see it's wavy. I'm sorry, to me, it doesn't look good. Whether you can "get into" my frame of mind, I simply have that opinion. No, none of the mods you mentioned would be good looking to me either.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:24 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Roofy wrote:Are you going to be able to steer without hitting the fenders once the engine is back in???? I like how you have upgraded and fabricated compared to last time, but damn I think it is still too low.

They did before, do now, and will continue to rub. I've just added to the modifications...from last time? The quality of work hasn't changed. And thanks.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:quarters don't look cool or factory or good in any way, the look exactly as they are... beat, hacked, unevenly bent and ugly. Sorry dude but I just don't get people doing things to damage their car like that for the sake of fads.....

I'm aware they are not perfect. It's clearly mentioned multiple times. However, they ARE NOT beat, hacked, or uneven. A lot of time was put into them with a fender roller, MADE to do that. At no point did I claim to perfection.

Onto the sake of fads, are you kidding? Would you rather me slap a body kit, some 20's and underglow to my car? Because, yes, I know. They look "good" and "factory". Thanks for your input, but I genuinely can't get into your frame of mind.

Jl frame of mind is "factory or nothing" I have yet to see him comments on a car that was not factory and say he likes it.

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:18 PM
JL's frame of mind is just that.. HIs own. Take it or leave it.. I personally like that Jeff is taking a different approach to the jbody platform and look forward to seeing the finished product!

Monday, February 20, 2012 7:11 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Jl frame of mind is "factory or nothing" I have yet to see him comments on a car that was not factory and say he likes it.

not entirely true. I've seen plenty of modded up cars that look good and that I like. I just don't get doing permanent damage to the quarter panels, stretching tires and slamming the car to the ground if the car is ever going to get driven. Like I said, like it or not, I don't think that flaring looks good, even, or normal. Opinions are opinions. You post on the internet, you're going to get all kinds. Mine is that you did @!#$ I wouldn't do, and the rear quarters getting trashed like that for the sake of a fad that is in right now, to me, is stupid.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:48 PM
Have some engine bay related updates, Got the major pieces of my new fuel, ignition and crankcase evac setups in this week, and most of the fab work done. Just need to map out my fittings and get the rest of them ordered.

Also, FINALLY received a tracking number for my clutch today, let's hope it gets here soon and is what I ordered.

Fuel pressure regulator mounted to vert strut bar (you can see the new MSD coils aswell):

LSJ valve cover with welded -8 bungs:

Welded in half-moon to block off the Cam-sensor:

Valve cover will be powdercoated, just haven't decided what colour yet. Opinions?
Friday, February 24, 2012 8:51 PM
I like the blue in the second to last picture. Something like that with red around the engine bay would be sweet.
Friday, February 24, 2012 9:41 PM
Wow man your ride is really starting to come together! I had no idea you were going this big with the cavy! Good work Jeff! I say red would be a nice touch

Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:53 AM
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:50 PM
I wont let this thread fall too low! Hows the progress going Jeff?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:21 PM
Adam Risden wrote:I wont let this thread fall too low! Hows the progress going Jeff?

Haha, thanks dude. It's going well, just waiting for a lot of little parts, nothing really worth making a bunch of separate updates over.

There will be lots of pictures once the engine is back in and fuel lines are run.

Here is a quicky to keep you entertained, though.

Ignore the horrible mess inside, just look at the shiny bits. Thanks! hahaha
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:50 PM
Serious question:
Have you sat in the car at a comfortable pedal reaching/driving location and felt how you like the wheel? between the hub, quick release, and a super deep dish wheel, that looks insanely pushed out.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:07 PM
yea you could seriously thug ride that thing lmao

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:47 PM
The entire time I had that piece on order I was worried it would sit too close to me all added together. It took a while for me to get used to just having the wheel/hub set up last summer, but I have shorter arms then I do legs, and right now, although super pushed out, it's actually very comfortable for me.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:25 AM
IDK, the whole "steering wheel sticking out a foot past the cover" thing just looks tacky.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:29 AM
Any reason you did not go with the 'thin' version of the quick release?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:50 AM
Roofy wrote:IDK, the whole "steering wheel sticking out a foot past the cover" thing just looks tacky.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:42 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Any reason you did not go with the 'thin' version of the quick release?

You can't use one with the other.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:51 PM
that steering column is DEEP

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:59 PM
Jay Corkit wrote:that steering column is DEEP

So deep put that ass to sleep.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:27 PM
Some nice work so far. Keep at it!

Not going to lie and just my opinion but the steering wheel set up looks silly. Why not just a Momo hub and the thin quick release? I guess it would not be so bad but the deep steering wheel makes it look worse. Either way, your car, your way

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:42 AM
onecleancavy wrote:Why not just a Momo hub and the thin quick release?

This is what I was getting at in my question.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:41 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Jay Corkit wrote:that steering column is DEEP

So deep put that ass to sleep.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, March 09, 2012 5:27 PM
Hows the progress coming on bro?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search