Vette Wheels - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:17 AM
I don't really understand it when people say that the stancing thing is a fad. The euro-trash guys have been doing it for about two decades now. Hell, the VW guys here in the States have been doing it since the early 90s. It's not really a new fad, just new to the J scene. I personally don't like the design on the face of the wheels (and I really hated that body style Vette), but the overall presentation is remarkable. I'd love a vert with that same stance.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:21 PM
Drove it around today, more.... lots and lots of pictures!

Should note: The valve cover is not staying, nor is the ignition. I get my LSJ valve cover back from powdercoat Tuesday night, and at that time the other crankcase evac line will be finished.

Toe is still out, so both front wheels kinda point away from each other. Also the LR needs to come down a touch, and the RR wheel is also toed out it would seem. Aaaaand there is no exhaust past the rear subframe. Otherwise. It's pretty much done.

And just for the record, this IS the same engine bay as everyone hated last year:

Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:30 PM
Now... again with sharing my opinion(or as the trend-modders call it "being a hater") but any angle other than straight from the side, the wheel/tire/drop/camber/stretch/poking way out like a Mexican's Blazer thing you have going on looks insanely ridiculous(not in a good way). Sorry, there's no other way to put how bad that looks...

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:09 PM
i have to give you props on the work you have done man, but i have one question. Whats gonna happen to you rear tires when you hit a bump with them being so close to the quarter panel?

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:57 PM
i give you props... i gave you a lot of @!#$ last year for the engine bay.. i admit it, the thing looks ten times better. you've done a hell of a job there.

now, with that said... you did the herra frush thing, it looks like ass (imo) now please raise the car up to a usable level and find a set of rims that look good on it.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PM
i think you achieved the look you were going for, so kudos on that, not my style but that's not what matters, rear tires i think look too big and because the back of the car is so narrow from the rear it looks more mexiflush then hellaflush but still admire the work you put into creating it
Monday, March 19, 2012 1:43 PM
Looking good man! I dig it! Once you get the new valve cover go over the engine bay with a quick clean and your ready to rock brother! Seriously man nice work! I cant wait to see it all aligned and cambered

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:04 PM
The engine bay has come a long way from your old pic, some nice work there. I personally am not feeling the wheels at all now that we can see the whole car. IMO the look just does not suite the car. The wheels seem to poke out way to far, and almost looks undrivable Props to how much time and effort you have put into it though. Its your car and you have to drive it so too each there own. As long as your happy with it thats all that matters

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:13 AM
Jeff did you recieve the Valve cover from the powdercoater yet?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Adam Risden wrote:Jeff did you recieve the Valve cover from the powdercoater yet?

He is picking it up along with his new lip from me tonight.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:21 PM
Nice i cant wait to see them!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:47 PM
Are you going to fix the camber lean on the rear wheels???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:03 PM
Looks fine. Come on guys we cant all have the same looking jbodies. Otherwise we all still be in bodykits with turbo kits and no way of tuning the pcm.

With different styles and attempts we gain innovation. We learn from thinking outside the common routine box. Thus the modern Cavalier has gotten better every year thanks to people trying new things.

Props man, but I have,to ask... What are u doing to tune? Trifecta?

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:55 AM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Looks fine. Come on guys we cant all have the same looking jbodies. Otherwise we all still be in bodykits with turbo kits and no way of tuning the pcm.

With different styles and attempts we gain innovation. We learn from thinking outside the common routine box. Thus the modern Cavalier has gotten better every year thanks to people trying new things.

Props man, but I have,to ask... What are u doing to tune? Trifecta?

Well I wouldn't consider excesive rear camber lean just to fit the wheels under the 1/4 panels, tires stretched to fit under the front end of the car, smashing the oil pan (and then still going even LOWER), and overstretched tires to be "better", but to each their own.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:25 PM
2 notes.

1. why is there a BMW logo on the steering wheel?

2. why is there a towel under the fuel line fitting? Leaking?

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:51 PM
jason norwood wrote:2 notes.

1. why is there a BMW logo on the steering wheel?

2. why is there a towel under the fuel line fitting? Leaking?

1. 'Cause I currently have nothing else, stole that from my buddy.

2. Yes it was, have since had an aluminum bung tig'd on the end.

And to whom ever was asking about the tune, it's currently running the S/C eco tune.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:01 PM
Aside from the turbo kit...EW.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:20 PM
looks dope man. where did you get the hood actuators? welded on?

DOPER.
Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:27 AM
REDline I assume. They look the same as mine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:37 AM
Props on the work, but I just do not like the outcome. I don't like the hella flush/sidewall stretch scene anyway, but it looks even worse on a Cavalier than on a VW. The overall tire diameter looks way to small in those wheel openings.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:47 AM
Not mad about it, it's different! Engine bay is a ton better!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:06 AM
Who cares what you like. You like tits and I like ass. We all have our preference. None the less we all are intitled to our opinion but posting that you dont like doesnt do much....

Post to help the community not hate in every word that is posted.

Everything done to a car becomes a trend eventually. Its the mod effect. And its good to see a cavalier able to pull off this look. Heck we still have issues following. the trend of boosting a ecobox 4 cylinder.

Rear panels need more work but still fits the bill.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:28 PM
lol thats the problem though, raf... it DOESNT pull off the "look". it just looks like a cavalier that tried but failed.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:45 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol thats the problem though, raf... it DOESNT pull off the "look". it just looks like a cavalier that tried but failed.

Nuff said.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:05 PM
I love everything done to this car but the one thing holding it back from perfection is the wheel/tire size. If this car were sitting on some 18x9 +30 wheels wrapped in 215/40 tires it would be killin it and I'm sure it would change a lot of peoples opinions who aren't feelin it now...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search