Vette Wheels - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Monday, April 09, 2012 7:15 AM
looks awesome jeffy

mike get his wheels yesterday?????

JBO since July 30, 2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:42 AM
Decided to take a look at your offset's. Honestly, not a big fan of the rims themselves, but to each their own! I must say I absolutely LOVE your stance though! Very nice work, all around, is a sexy J!!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:47 AM
I can't tell if I like it. I deff give you props for your hard work. Never been a fan of that style wheel nor the hella flush fad... however I think you've done a good job and deff want to see what your next set up looks like. I think what kills it for me would be the rear tires, they just look far too big... but otherwise, keep it up! We need people to continue to think outside the box to keep the platform progressing despite being dead!

Friday, April 13, 2012 2:20 PM
I cant wait to see the new wheels Jeff! Keep us updated bro!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:36 PM
in4thenewwheels

I have a friend trying to talk me into putting stretched/stanced Sawblades on my Passat... but the wheels are just ugly. Not saying your car or setup is ugly, just the design of the wheels.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:47 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:in4thenewwheels

I have a friend trying to talk me into putting stretched/stanced Sawblades on my Passat... but the wheels are just ugly. Not saying your car or setup is ugly, just the design of the wheels.

Just so people are clear, these wheels in this thread aren't what people refer to as Vette "saw blades". They are a different smaller Vette wheel which is part of they reason they don't look right, at least in my opinion.

For the record, I just want to say again that I love this car and the work/originality put into it.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:46 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said before the wheels were simply bought to save myself the initial cost of trying to fit wide wheels on my car.

And you're right, they are frigin hideous. But they got me a hell of a good baseline to start with.

Hopefully be ordering the wheels this week or next.

They'll be 17x9 and 17x9.5's, not saying what brand or make yet but they are a very concaved 5 spoke.

When the wheels show up I'll also be making new lower control arms for the back so the wheels don't sit so ridiculously.
Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:01 PM
have you seen the mod to swap to the solid rear control/trailing arms. they are the style that have the adjuster in the middle and you drill out the holes in the crossmember because they have a bigger diameter bolt. i will see if i can find the link.

Monday, April 16, 2012 2:00 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:have you seen the mod to swap to the solid rear control/trailing arms. they are the style that have the adjuster in the middle and you drill out the holes in the crossmember because they have a bigger diameter bolt. i will see if i can find the link.

W-body if I'm not mistaken?

I've thought about going that route, but I want to change things up a little bit... so I'm going to do what I do best and dink around for a bit, and hell who knows... I may wind up with those arms anyways.
Monday, April 16, 2012 2:57 PM
"17x9 and 17x9.5's" Now were talking

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:15 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:have you seen the mod to swap to the solid rear control/trailing arms. they are the style that have the adjuster in the middle and you drill out the holes in the crossmember because they have a bigger diameter bolt. i will see if i can find the link.

W-body if I'm not mistaken?

I've thought about going that route, but I want to change things up a little bit... so I'm going to do what I do best and dink around for a bit, and hell who knows... I may wind up with those arms anyways.

Sounds right.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:09 PM
Snagged a full, brand new set of W-body rear control arms today. Will be ordering wheels mid-next week.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:33 AM
I think if the bumper and quarter extended out to line up with the width of the wheels it'd look a lot better.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:18 PM
looks like ur cutting/rubbing the piss out of the tires.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:38 PM
Needs a 03 ls sport rear...

But ima fan
Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:49 PM
Mexiflush!

Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:55 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:looks like ur cutting/rubbing the piss out of the tires.

Where do you see that? I see a dirt line.
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:23 AM
i think it'll look better with new wheels and smaller tires.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:33 AM
hey jeff if you want to take the w body rear control arms off my grand prix at ryans for modifing for test fitting you can have them

not sure what you need to do but if you have ot cut and you want a trail piece you can have them

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:51 AM
^Thanks buddy, I got a new set from work that we had from a warranty repair for some reason. I just need to get the other cars in the shop done first lol
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:37 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:

i see it on the sidewall. can you not?

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:00 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Jeff Wybrow wrote:

i see it on the sidewall. can you not?

Nope, I can't..... which is weird because I even had the front wheels off today.

Funny, no one else at the shop could see it either
Monday, April 23, 2012 8:21 PM

it's not cutting or rubbing tires, when I had the 17x9.5 rota's they rubbed the inside of the fenders on the sidewall and rubbed the shine off the tires but didnt cut them
Saturday, May 05, 2012 11:37 AM
nvm, darren set it straight.

cant deny that it LOOKS that way in the pics though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 05, 2012 6:36 PM

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:36 PM
Come on Jeff an update would be great! Its been a month since your last post update

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search