Leona 2012 - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leona 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012 8:12 PM
So a couple updates...
Came out to a flat tire this morning after the incident on Saturday. I figured this might happen. Limped it across the street to the gas station and filled up. As soon as it hit 20-22 psi though. Called up CAA and 20 minutes later, this.

Got the car to work and got the R/F off.

You can see here all the crap in the bead of the tire.

ALL of this came from in there.

So I dismounted, sanded and resealed rim.
After work, I headed up to Alex Priggens and we finished up the install of My alky injection that we started last week, Sadly, I forgot the TB spacer or we would have had it all installed then. lol
This is where the pump sits.

Throttle spacer.

You can see the line going into it. I went with quick disconnects throughout.

A BIG thanks goes to Alex Priggen for helping with the install and helping me find the parts I needed for the Alky system. Too bad it was so cool tonight, I didnt really need it. lol
As for the damage from Saturday, I got VERY lucky, car goes for Alignment Wednesday morning, visually, everything looks good, but the alignment machine will tell all.
Hopefully have more updates pretty soon.

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:55 PM
Technic lip not on car rutting incident on Saturday?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:38 AM
Nope, lip was on. I took it off to get on the tow truck.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:21 AM
Looking good man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:21 AM
Any luck on the brake squeel issue??

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:23 AM
Jay Van machined his rotors on the weekend and said the noise is now gone. I wanna see how it is for him in a week or 2, if its still good, then Im going to be doing that.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:55 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Jay Van machined his rotors on the weekend and said the noise is now gone. I wanna see how it is for him in a week or 2, if its still good, then Im going to be doing that.

That is good to know. I will have to ask him how he did it

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:58 AM
Just took them to the brake lathe and machined them.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:47 AM
Not a fan of were you have your alky pump, but glad you got it. Get tuned on it!!!

I also have the quick disconnect lines and love them.

I had my pump mounted right under/behind the turn signal on the drivers side. Of course for my style headlights it is pretty easy to get to, not as much on yours.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:13 PM
I wanted to put the pump there, but with my tank being mounted to the rebar, I couldnt since the pump would be higher than the tank.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:20 PM
I forgot to add, my coolant bottle is there now aswell so there was no room for the pump.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:53 PM
hey buddy not a problem. anytime you need just call me up. you help me, i help you. glade we got it all sorted out. im not really a fan of when the pump is mounted either but there was literally no where to put it. i have the same problem with my car. no room anywhere. fenders and bumpers are full with battery, coolant bottom and washed bottles. my setup is a bit different and managed to find just enough space. have you had a chance to fully test the system on its own? let me know how things turn out.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:31 PM
hmm... starting to wonder if the on car lathe at work would like the wilwood rotors..

sucks to see that little accident but def glad nothing too terribe happened. got pretty lucky with that one. and i actually kinda love the little tow strap been seeing it here and there.

keep it up man!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:28 PM
So a couple updates. Pretty eventful couple of days.
Monday I was backing into my spot 2 floors underground and I heard a bang and suddenly lost all steering, the wheel was just free spinning.
I gotta give a huge thanks again goes out to Alex Priggen who came down from Keswick (about a 45 minuite drive) at 10pm when he gets up at 6am for work to give me a hand.
Since I have NONE of my tools at my condo and I couldnt leave the car since it was blocking the lane, he brought down a jack, 2 dolleys and some tools since I though that maybe the pre-load bolt had backed off. We got the car on the dolleys, got it back into my spot and tried tightening the bolt, no dice, so it sat like this until Yesterday evening since CAA are dumbasses.

Yesterday, one of the most obnoxious, idiotic tow truck drivers came and pulled my car out from 2 floors under, so sadly, it meant it went on this truck, not a flatbed

So tonight, Rob Weatherall did me a huge favour and kept his shop open late and we got the old rack out. We didnt even need to pull it out before we spotted the problem.
The cap came off the bottom of the rack came off and the lock nut had somehow backed all the way off, when this fell out, the shaft shot straight up and that when I lost the steering.

So the power steering went back in, Rob wants to get a better look at it and take it apart to see why it did this.

The pump rubs slightly on the overflow from the coolant filler, Im not really worried since it is the aluminum filler, if I still had the plastic one, then I would be more concerned.

So back to the alignment shop I go, 3rd time since April and 2nd time in less than a month. FML

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:32 PM
Wow, ignore all my grammar mistakes, It looks like Im in grade 2. lol

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:05 PM
Glad you got the problem resolved! Nice work

Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:56 AM
Well that was unexpected. Glad to see its drive-able again.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:08 AM
Still looks good lol.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:22 AM
Sucks about you recent setbacks, but at least you've been able to take care of it! Glad to see the car wasn't damaged when it went out on you. So close to that pole!

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:48 AM
I think you really needed to add linear bearings in there to help with steering. We noticed that the piston takes all the load. With the piston not submerged in oil it has a lot of slop. I would look at the shaft and see if it was torqued. Also that nut gets pretensioned then the cap goes on. The cap on the frame gets locked in place, I am wondering how this happened. Either way I am glad you werent driving, that could have been bad. I willl keep an eye on mine.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:05 AM
I like the engine bay more with the pump in and black. Good contrast.

Sucks to hear.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:10 AM
Sucks about all the bad luck Darren

So for the on-ramp curb incident, ditch the rear tie bar, snap over steer is a real bitch and is directly caused by that rear tie bar.

Someone on here had a huge post about it back in the day.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:06 PM
You probably know this Darren, but you are eternally lucky this didn't happen to you on the highway or at speed.

Very glad that you're ok and it was more of a minor nuisance than a tragedy.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:06 PM
You think it could have been caused by the accident?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:14 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:You probably know this Darren, but you are eternally lucky this didn't happen to you on the highway or at speed.

Very glad that you're ok and it was more of a minor nuisance than a tragedy.

x2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:14 PM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search