Leona 2012 - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leona 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:16 AM
Great attitute bro about moving onwards and upwards! Your ride is a great piece of work and an expression of your creativity and dedication! I love the new mod pics and cant wait to see how this piece looks when its all installed!

Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:55 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:

You can go @!#$ yourself. I had JUST discovered my car had been broken into and I was heartbroken. Now if your grade 2 education allowed you to actually continue reading, you would notice the post I made the next day after doing an inventory of what was taken, that it wasnt as bad as I originally thought.
Dont bother replying to this post, your opinion is not needed or wanted in my thread. Your mothers tit is lactating, hop to it.

i wouldn't talk...................it's sounds like your the one who needs to latch on to your mother's tit......you big baby.....LMFAO
Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:57 AM
Seriously?
I could go on, but I wont. I can live happy knowing that you are a leach around here with no real opinion or useful knowledge.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:00 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Seriously?
I could go on, but I wont. I can live happy knowing that you are a leach around here with no real opinion or useful knowledge.

you shouldn't talk about yourself that way.....but i better stop before i make a baby cry....so bye bye and enjoy your project
Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:16 AM
BAS-EFX- You wouldn't be upset after all that work that he put into shaving and tucking everything if you were in a similar situation? At first site I bet he was devastated, I know I'd feel like crap if I was in his shoes. Hell I can't say I've ever even seen you post up since you've joined in 2010 why don't you do us a favor and go back to doing that. At least gtpsunfire contributes in a positive way to the forums.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:09 AM
JUCNBST wrote:BAS-EFX- You wouldn't be upset after all that work that he put into shaving and tucking everything if you were in a similar situation? At first site I bet he was devastated, I know I'd feel like crap if I was in his shoes. Hell I can't say I've ever even seen you post up since you've joined in 2010 why don't you do us a favor and go back to doing that. At least gtpsunfire contributes in a positive way to the forums.

I agree, he did all that work to the car and never a post from BAS-EFX, then as soon as an opportunity to be an ass came along here he comes. Granted I'm not sure I ever posted in this thread, but I love the car and the work done. I almost stroked out when my car got egged, I can definitely understand his reaction to that. Glad the list was small of things that were vandalized.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:45 PM
Good on you for staying with it man id be pissed right off as well. I won't clutter up your thread in regards to this BAS-EFX character, but do want to say what goes around comes around.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:53 PM
@!#$ man! sorry to see that.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:43 PM
Joined in 2010, doesn't post, trolls someone who was upset that their car got broken into.. and he's not banned WHY? @!#$ I wish this place was more like TMA...

I'm sorry to see something like this happen to someone who's put the time into their car like you have. No one, not even non-car people deserve to have something like that happen to them, but it's glad to see you didn't let it knock you down. Just keep pushing on, dude.. you got a good thing going over there. As for the culprit.. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:06 AM
BAS_EFX . wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:Seriously?

you shouldn't talk about yourself that way.....but i better stop before i make a baby cry....so bye bye and enjoy your project

serious question here? how old are you?

Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:53 AM

The fitment is @!#$ as of right now. Looks like it has gotten pretty warped while it was sitting. I am going to let the sun heat it up and keep adjusting it. Hopefully that should work, I know it did for a couple hoods I have done with a little persuasion.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:53 AM
Yah looks like it's a little high on the passenger side. S#%^ fitment or not I want that trunk! Lol

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:13 PM
Well we got some work tonight. Couple issues, but nothing that cant be worked out. We swapped in my Tein's only to find that with them dumped, my wheels contacted the adjusters. Good thing I will be picking up my new wheels this weekend.

Had to raise the coilovers up for now so the rims would clear, even then, they are REALLY close.

Then we did this.

Old vs New.

New look of the engine bay without the pump. Now that its gone, I am extremely happy that I am getting rid of the upper radiator hose setup.

Yes the throttle cable bracket and upper rad bracket are rusted. Both will be getting send out to get chromed soon.

As for the feel of the manual rack, there is alot of adjustment still to be made. As of right now, its extremely tight and wont return back to centre when the wheel is released. The pre-tension is ganked all the way up right now, so we are going to have to play with it a fair bit to get it right. What I can say is that there is definitely alot of feedback right now.
More updates this weekend.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:14 PM
Oh, and a quick video from this weekend, yes, I got a little air here. lol

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:18 PM
Let me know about the steering rack. VERY interested in getting one done!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:06 AM
I'm also interested in the rack.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:54 AM
I'm interested in racks of all kinds, mostly the boob shaped ones, but the steering type too^.... couldn't resist, sorry.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:18 AM
looking good. glad you are getting it fixed up. Making good progress. bay looks much cleaner without the pump.

As for the HID's... I know you dont care if you get glare, but you are not the one who has to see it and possibly get temporarily blinded by it... the person driving at you, possibly swerving into you since they cant see is the one who will be getting the glare. projectors w/ HID > no projectors w/ HID.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:18 AM
I have noticed in my car with the manual steering the wheel does not want to go back to the center either. Granted I am just using the loop the line method. I will say that its not nearly the pain to steer that it was since I got new tires. If it did go back to center on its own I would be tempted to keep the manual steering, you can definitely feel the road better.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:44 PM
i would love a manual rack setup for my JBO

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:06 PM
proud to see you going forward after the break in, and really interested in how that steering rack goes, been following your build since you picked up the motor a while back there

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:29 PM
Much like Tinkles, I hate when @!#$ falls off my car.

FIRE!!! FIRE!!!!!

This is whats left of the old metal sleeve in the trailing arm. These were a BITCH to remove.

Delrin solid bushings in.

Ready to go back in with new Russel braided lines added.

Back in with trailblazer tie bar added.

Clearance on strut with new wheels.

LOVE this pic, not much clearance with the caliper, but it DOES clear.

Got the trunk to fit much better aswell.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new look...

We did a little more adjusting to the rack aswell, it will return back to centre now. There is still alot of feedback, but we have only driven it in Robs VERY bumpy parking lot and it needs an alignment BADLY.
More work to follow this week.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:40 PM
suhhhhweet!!! lol but wtfbro? why dint you at least PAINT that nasty rear trailing arm?!!?!?!?!??!

and ill love those wheels after they have been black chromed....

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:01 PM
To be honest, we were strapped for time today and the last thing I was thinking about was stripping down that trailing arm just to paint it. Nobody will ever see it anyways. These upgrades were strictly for handling, not appearance.
And for the rims, they are staying the way they are now, I love them way too much to change the colour.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:41 PM
So it looks like trailing arms falling out of black cavaliers could be an issue this year...

That trailing arm looks alot better then most of the ones down here. BTW, i planned ahead and pulled a spare from the junkyard.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search