Leona 2012 - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leona 2012
Monday, April 09, 2012 6:02 PM
I hate to say this, but simply looking at the pic, that tie bar is a BAD idea. Ugh... just because something fits, doesn't mean it improves performance man.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, April 09, 2012 6:55 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:What year ebrake cables are you running with our SSBCs?

I'm running the cables that came with the kit. Sadly though, they aren't working out too well for me. Right now we don't have the bracket on for them because the parking brake would randomly lock on or not release. Without the bracket, it holds the car, but BARELY. Definitely doesn't hold the car if you wanna do a burnout at the track.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:17 PM
Well got a big job done tonight. And I dont think anymore, I KNOW Rob wants my head on a stick...

New headlight harness done, not loomed.

All done.

Tadaaaa. Nevermind the one burned out foglight bulb.

Also wired up the Toyo tails, so now I have all working lights. The fog lights are run on a seperate circuit, so they can be turned on at all times that the car is running, they will be my DRL's since those got eliminated aswell.

I also put these in last night, so now they match the front seats.
Definitely need to clean them up, but then again, the whole car needs that! lol

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:37 AM
Looks damn good man

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:22 AM
gotta ask... how's the ride quality with the teins compared to the GCs?? im currently on GCs, and thinking about the teins.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:51 AM
love the back seat. One of my many projects for the next winter. Looking good though!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:17 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:

I'm running the cables that came with the kit. Sadly though, they aren't working out too well for me. Right now we don't have the bracket on for them because the parking brake would randomly lock on or not release. Without the bracket, it holds the car, but BARELY. Definitely doesn't hold the car if you wanna do a burnout at the track.

I had to shorten the brackets on mine to get the brakes to work correctly

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:44 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:

I had to shorten the brackets on mine to get the brakes to work correctly

And they are working properly?

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:22 AM
So for the first time since October 2010. I drove Leona on the street. I just took it from robs in Markham to Woodbridge where I am currently waiting for my alignment to get done. Felt great to drive it again but she is in desperate need of a tune. Thankfully, that happens tomorrow morning. I forgot to adjust the dampening on the teins before I left and all 4 are on full hard, so it rode a little rough. Lol
Updates later.

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:07 PM
Ok, so picture time.
Before viewing, know this. This has been in the shop for a year and a half and is dirty as hell. Tuning is tomorrow and Sunday it gets a full wash and wax. Maybe then the body will match the freshly painted bumper and sides. lol
The engine bay is not done yet, some parts have corroded, these pieces will be getting chromed. The engine has oxidized and that will be polished soon aswell. Plus I might wanna put an intake on it. lol
I dont really care though, feels great to drive it.

This is her getting an alignment. Great place to deal with. I can take my hands off the wheel on the highway (no, thats not recomended, lol) and it goes dead straight. I got them to give it 1.5 degrees of negative camber up front.

Fresh from her alignment. Basically the only reason for this pic is to show the awesome Fiat 500 in the backround.

Technique lip and Import Fighter sides installed.

Now, as for the manual steering rack, Im getting used to it. There is definately alot of road feedback, and if you hit a bump when turning, you have to make sure you are paying attention. I have to put a few kilometers on it and keep checking the lock nut for the pre-load adjuster. If all goes well, Rob will start taking orders for these things.

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:19 PM
That front is HOT!!!

Can't wait for pictures fully cleaned!!

are you getting dyno tuned?

FU Tuning

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:24 PM
Hell yah! Looking good, looking real good. I want better pics!!!!

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, April 13, 2012 6:35 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:That front is HOT!!!

Street tune for now using the tune you sent me as a baseline.

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:51 PM
Car looks great. Only 2 things I would change. First one being getting some clear corners and second cutting the tab off the top of the motor mount to make it look cleaner.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:42 PM
Siiick

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, April 13, 2012 7:56 PM
Love the car. cant wait to see it cleaned up.

Friday, April 13, 2012 8:25 PM
OMFGG that front is sexy.

i may reconsider mine to go on the black car instead of whitey hahaahaha

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, April 13, 2012 8:33 PM
Looks awesome!

Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:43 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:That front is HOT!!!

Street tune for now using the tune you sent me as a baseline.

Yeah... not so much. Ended up starting with my own tune from scratch - couldn't use that one for the most part... a bit of the spark but def not for the VE's.

The car looked great today, I know you'll give it some time to shine it up and work out all the kinks. I'm sure it feels great to have it on the road and driving again. She pulls GREAT, you'll have a big sh!t eating grin when you get the chance to see for yourself.

Bigger injectors and a bit more time and you'll have one hell of a machine, my friend.

Now - clean it and take MOAR scenic pics!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:56 PM
Car is driving great now. Chris tuned it today. I had @!#$ty stop and go traffic all the way home so I didn't get to open it up. I will say that city driving is amazing. It was stalling when I came to a stop before, now it's driving like stock.
The LSJ injectors in the car are maxed out above 5800rpm, so those will need to be upgraded soon.
The car will be shined up nice tomorrow and better pics will be taken.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:49 PM

Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:29 PM
so what'd she make up until 5800?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:54 PM

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:45 PM
It was street tuned

Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:06 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:so what'd she make up until 5800?

I'm sure Darren will get Leona to the dyno in due time... today was about getting the car driveable on the street.

To be honest it worked out so well I decided to tune some full blown WOT pulls on the highway. I got the car to hit 11.7 - 11.9 flat at wot from 3000 rpm to 5900 rpm before the injectors went over 100% duty cycle at 6000 rpm and the AFR's shot up. With the way the timing is set up and the AFR's its pulling I'm very happy with how its running as there is very little knock retard.

With that said, he maxed out 35# injectors at 5800 rpm, and hit 110% injector duty cycle at 6200 rpm where they clipped... and the car was still pulling. By my guesstimation he cleared the 200 WHP mark at that point due to running out of fuel with that size of injector... I'm very very curious to see what she will pull on a dyno but I'm very confident it's going to be over 200-210 whp.

But then again we all know how good I am at predicting the WHP of cars.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:43 PM
@!#$, i love the whole thing! Can't wait for pics of it all cleaned up.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search