Leona 2012 - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leona 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:46 AM
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

So as you can see by the pics, they got rid of the lip so the pulley will not be contacting the bolt on the front cover anymore. As for the grooves in the centre, they are smaller, but not completely gone. His machine couldnt get into that space so he ran some sandpaper over it while it was spinning. I will see what I can do, but I will hopefully have this back on tomorrow.

BIG THANKS goes out to Make Davis for getting me that pic showing the measurements the machine shop needed.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:06 PM
Welcome man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:26 PM
Wooohooooo!!!!!

Hows this for clearance? This was after some on-car "machining" lol

The sad state of the engine right now. Definitely needs alot of polishing, Im hoping to get that done prior to the JBOM BBQ next weekend.

Feels great to drive it again. It even went up to 8psi on the way home, which is unusual since I was only seeing 7 before. Ohwell, cant complain.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:38 PM
Looks great!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, May 18, 2012 8:17 AM
Stay away from my polishing wheel!!!

Your car uses more polishing compound than it does gas!

I'm gonna run out of compound at this rate. lol

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, May 18, 2012 8:51 AM
What you mean on the car machining...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, May 18, 2012 8:54 AM
I assume it was a joke about it rubbing on the cover.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, May 18, 2012 9:52 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:What you mean on the car machining...

When we put it on, it slightly touched the bolt. So we put the belt on, started it and took a file to the pulley. Clearanced it perfectly
Chris, I will be coming by this week

Friday, May 18, 2012 10:53 AM
i dont get it. how did you NOT notice the pulley being THAT close when you first put it on?!!?!? hahahaha

glad you got her fixed dood!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, May 18, 2012 12:18 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:His machine couldnt get into that space so he ran some sandpaper over it while it was spinning.

Thats a load of BS right there, You could set-up and turn that diameter in seconds on any lathe. Guy was just being lazy, I hope you didn't pay alot to have that done.
Friday, May 18, 2012 12:33 PM
Jason Roy wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:His machine couldnt get into that space so he ran some sandpaper over it while it was spinning.

Thats a load of BS right there, You could set-up and turn that diameter in seconds on any lathe. Guy was just being lazy, I hope you didn't pay alot to have that done.

I gave him $5 to buy coffees for the guys at his shop. Lol

Friday, May 18, 2012 1:24 PM
Well I guess that alright, but seriously, all he would have had to do was extend the cutter out a little and put the tool post on an angle. Would have turned it easy as pie.
Monday, May 21, 2012 3:50 AM
Jason Roy wrote:Well I guess that alright, but seriously, all he would have had to do was extend the cutter out a little and put the tool post on an angle. Would have turned it easy as pie.

I agree 1000000%.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, June 15, 2012 8:58 PM
I havent driven the car in about 10 days because I wanted to do a few things that have been bugging me. I could have easily done this stuff in an afternoon, but Im lazy, so its been up on stands for well over a week. lol

First thing I did was remove the LSJ to install my ford green tops. All my research on them said they were 42lb injectors. Imagine my frustration when I put one next to the LSJ and found this...

Thats right, the only difference between the 2 was the Ford logo on the green tops. Same part number and all. i decided to instal lthem anyways and see. Yup, exact same AFR's as the LSJ's. So I have a set of 550cc RC engineering injectors on the way, that will solve the problem.
Another REALLY annoying issue I was having was my Wilwoods screaching like a red headed step child that just told daddy where to shove it.
So out the pads came.

I got this piece of advice from good ol' Jay Van. I trimmed the edges of the pads to 45 degrees and serviced them up. Front pad is before, rear is after, you can see the cut on the edges.

Then I did this...

Pulled out the cluster and tore into it. By looking at my engine bay, its clear that my airbags, ABS, brake fluid level sensor and coolant level sensor are all gone. So you can image the Christmas tree of lights I had. So I removed the cover and put black tape on the inside covering these warning lights.

With a light behind showing the lights that are now eliminated.

I then painted the needles red. This is lit up after I installed it.

This will also need to get addressed soon, this is with no injectors in the rail. lol

And one final one for @!#$s and giggles that Jay's buddy took at woodward.

Im putting the rest of the car back tomorrow and might have a couple pics then.

Friday, June 15, 2012 9:19 PM
Looking.g good.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:46 AM
100psi of fuel pressure? I assume the gauge is bad and reads that all the time?

Also is that the Casper AFPR?

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:01 AM
approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:12 PM
Got the car back together today. Bad news, brakes still squeeling when slowly coming to a stop. I will have to check further into it. Might be something with the rotors. This only started happening after the car sat for year and a half. A lot of that outside.
Car almost ready.

Rear calipers before.

After

Interior back together, finally installed the proper cover for the horn. I think it looks a million times better with it.

Radio install, circa 1999. Lol. I don't care though, at least now I can use my iPod in the car.

Tucked away until I feel like driving it again.

And another one just for @!#$s and giggles.

That's all for now. I will have more pics in a couple weeks when I change the brake master and tuck the brake lines.

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:40 AM
Looks great man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, June 18, 2012 4:09 AM
Quote:

That's all for now. I will have more pics in a couple weeks when I change the brake master and tuck the brake lines.

this is what im waiting for.....now pronto

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 18, 2012 5:32 AM
Stock LSJ injectors are 32lb IIRC, GM offered the 42lb'er's with their "Stage 2".

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:41 PM
awesome updates. im gonna have to do that brake pad fix soon. mine are screaming lol.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:03 AM
Jon D wrote:awesome updates. im gonna have to do that brake pad fix soon. mine are screaming lol.

Dont bother, it didnt work. Im thinking its the rotors. Im gonna be pulling them off ASAP and checking it all out. Its embarrasing.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:30 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Stock LSJ injectors are 32lb IIRC, GM offered the 42lb'er's with their "Stage 2".

Everything shows the stock LSJ injectors to be 36lb., and as you said the 42lb stage 2 injectors which were black.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:02 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Jon D wrote:awesome updates. im gonna have to do that brake pad fix soon. mine are screaming lol.

Dont bother, it didnt work. Im thinking its the rotors. Im gonna be pulling them off ASAP and checking it all out. Its embarrasing.

Just tell them it is because Leona is a super racecar.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search