Transporter's 2012 Progress - The Year of Lope - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transporter's 2012 Progress - The Year of Lope
Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:10 PM
I finally finished school, so on to the build! If anyone missed it, I found 3 metal chips blocking a lifter oil galley 30 miles into my fresh engine build last fall, so I've needed to tear the whole engine down to check for anything else in the oil galleys for the past 6 months, and just didn't have the time or money because of school. Anyways...

Today we pushed my car back into the garage, and got it up on the lift. After a brief inspection it seems that I have a fuel line that rusted through... yay... time to switch to plastic lines and throw the plastic ECO fuel tank in I guess.

But I got all the fluids drained, the front suspension, axles and subframe out of the car, and the engine is mostly unhooked. Tomorrow morning I'll be dropping the engine and transmission if all goes well.

All the gaskets I need showed up today, I've got a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, a phenolic spacer for my HO intake manifold, ARP head studs, flywheel and pressure plate bolts, and a SPEC Stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel on the way. I think I've found the right Geo Storm tranny to get myself a 4.11 FDR gear set down towards Corning as well.

This should be fun

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Transporter's 2012 Progress - The Year of Lope
Saturday, March 03, 2012 6:05 PM
Looking good Tim. Do work.

Saturday, March 03, 2012 6:35 PM
Like this

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:02 PM
FINALLY!!!!!

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:57 PM
Saturday, March 03, 2012 8:09 PM
ld9 love. gotta love it. if you need any red z parts let me know. brother just wrecked our 98z 3500 swap, parts will be available

Saturday, March 03, 2012 8:19 PM
I'd be more interested if I thought I was going to get more than another year out of this chassis... haha

Thanks guys

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, March 04, 2012 8:32 AM
Its easy to swap the engine and trans into another body though. Your doing all the hard work now. I am excited to see this thing going.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 8:48 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:FINALLY!!!!!

x2

Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:45 AM
I thought you gave up on her lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:35 PM
NEVAR!

Sunday, March 04, 2012 1:53 PM
Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:03 PM
Thanks Mark!

Now I need to get to work on my HO manifold... haha

Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:56 PM
Engine and tranny are out, and the engine is on the stand. I'll start tearing the engine down tomorrow after work.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:06 PM
just send me those trans mounts since this car will become a lawn orniment.... lol

good to see work starting on it

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Monday, March 05, 2012 8:43 AM
Good to see you back working on it again man, I also though you had given up on it, haven't seen/heard of any progress in ages and you went MIA on the 607 forums.

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Monday, March 05, 2012 9:02 AM
Crap hit the fan late last fall and I just had too much going on, things have calmed down a bit now though

I was meaning to ask if you had anything left from your part out, mainly the transmission?

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:58 AM
Monday, March 05, 2012 10:03 AM
Not parting with the trans it's staying in the car. Basically i've put a set of HO cams back in it, thiiner head gasket to bump compression and left the ported head bigger tb on it. Gonna just do a mild N/A setup and drive the car come summer as my daily until it sells.

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:23 AM
Nice work Tim. I wish I could drop my motor out like that. I do not have a lift, so my motor has to come out from the top

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, March 05, 2012 11:56 AM
Is that an Izuzu trans?

Because mine looks way dirrerent.

Monday, March 05, 2012 12:03 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Not parting with the trans it's staying in the car. Basically i've put a set of HO cams back in it, thiiner head gasket to bump compression and left the ported head bigger tb on it. Gonna just do a mild N/A setup and drive the car come summer as my daily until it sells.

Oh I thought you had already sold it. What are you asking for the whole car? I'm gonna need a clean chassis pretty soon here.

Blwn LD9 wrote:Nice work Tim. I wish I could drop my motor out like that. I do not have a lift, so my motor has to come out from the top

Thanks, the lift definitely makes things simple, haha

Bobby Higgins wrote:Is that an Izuzu trans?

Because mine looks way dirrerent.

Yup, you probably have a getrag.

Monday, March 05, 2012 12:18 PM
I need a lift. Looking good man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 05, 2012 12:22 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Not parting with the trans it's staying in the car. Basically i've put a set of HO cams back in it, thiiner head gasket to bump compression and left the ported head bigger tb on it. Gonna just do a mild N/A setup and drive the car come summer as my daily until it sells.

no offense but why would you sell the car with such a rare trans installed? some idiot kid will probably buy it, not know wtf he has and rap it around a pole and the trans will end up getting crushed at some redneck junkyard somewhere.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, March 05, 2012 12:29 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:no offense but why would you sell the car with such a rare trans installed? some idiot kid will probably buy it, not know wtf he has and rap it around a pole and the trans will end up getting crushed at some redneck junkyard somewhere.

I hear ya but it honestly doesn't bother me anymore, i'm done with the car and I just do not feel like swapping a stock Isuzu back into the car or converting to a Getrag. The NVG took some work to get to work in the car with custom mounts and whatnot and I simply have no desire to go back the other way. I really just need to buy a header for it and a stock fuel rail and injectors and then I'll have everything I need to put it back together. When it's all said and done I would take $4500 obo for the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search