Vert Build. Can never have too many! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vert Build. Can never have too many!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:36 AM
The winters here aren't really harsh, but they like to cake the salt on the roads. I let the rust get to my old 96' and I really don't want that to happen again, so I'm going to take some time this summer and go through the underside of the car. Which unfortunately means I won't get a whole lot of time to work on the GTO this summer

I don't have all the wiring to the rear windows done yet, I still need to go from the rear switches to the windows, but I will be rewiring the whole car in May so I will take a video of it after that.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:06 AM
Fix my rust too since you are so ambitious haha

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:10 PM
If you drive it over one weekend over the summer, might be able to do something about the holes in your quarter panels, but I'm not doing any paint or bondo work

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:58 AM
Thats perfect. I prefer to do my own paint, just not a fan of metal work.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:56 PM
I got some JBO stickers today! Went to go put them on the car and couldn't decide where

Anyway, updates (little ones)

I switched from the older style PL switches

to the new style

Gave the cav its first coat of wax this year, and buffed the hood and drivers side quarter panel

who said hazing was bad?
I shined the top up a bit

the quarter looks better from a distance, but I still need to wet sand it

It seemed to have made the hood a bit worse. Anyone have suggestions on how I should go about fixing this?

And does anyone know where I can get just the pins for the licking hood pins. I've broke two now because they were a cheap soft metal.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:38 PM
dont wax in direct sunlight, and have the hood cleared
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:54 PM
What the hell did u use on that top to shine it up like that?? I have the white top and the damn thing just wont come clean.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:00 PM
Spencer - didn't know about the direct sunlight, thanks. I planned on clearing it this summer

Mike Z - I was experimenting on ways of shining it up and armor wasn't getting into the grooves of the vinyl, so what I used was Black Magic tire shine applied to a rag and rubbed on. It didn't seem to clean it very well, but worked great at shining it up. It lasted through the rain Sunday night and the snow/sleet yesterday, but I did notice some oily runs on the windows.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:28 PM
If you use the gel itll last longer, i used it on my tires almost two weeks ago and the tires still look shiny

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:47 PM
Hey man if you use the gel itll last longer, i used it on the tires and it lasted almost two weeks

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:48 AM
looks like youre shining it up nice!

Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:09 PM
I haven't been on here in a while, so updates

Getting the cav shined up for the JBOM BBQ, these rims looked a bit weird on her

So I worked into the night and got these on, how do they look?

Unfortunetly I got caught in the rain on the way there, so it got a bit dirty and I didn't get any picture of it there.
Starting on the fire tomorrow, maybe I'll catch up on the updates too

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:37 PM
rims look great! im glad its got a boot on it too...makes it much cleaner looking. overall its nice and shiny. loving it. and if you find any pics from the bbq, post em up in here

Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:59 PM
baby oil shines up a black top nicely

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:14 PM
looking good. glad to see it's still going good.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:11 PM
Thanks I do have pics from the BBQ, just not of my car

How well does baby oil stick to the top, I think my tire shine has all washed away by now

Of course it's still going, I'm just bad at updating

Speaking of which.
I have the interior of the fire pretty much all torn out working on rewiring the car. There's a little rust that needs to be fixed...

And I made up these fancy hood hinges

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:19 AM
If you have pics from the BBQ, can you post them? By the time we made it, I had no interest in taking any. I just wanted to eat and relax in the shade for the day. lol
Car was looking good at the BBQ man, its definitely coming along. Good job so far.

Friday, June 01, 2012 4:32 PM
Thanks man, It was nice to see Leona in person too, she looks beautiful

As the fire sits now, 4 feet off the ground with a good layer of dust
The fender was rusted out and in the way, so I just pulled it, I have a better one in the garage.

I broke my Grand Am steering wheel trying to pull it out, but found I had installed the air bag clock spring wrong, so I changed it out and got it installed properly. The car also has the proper number of pedals in it, now just to change a few more things.

What I've been working on

I found this in town, it's my little cousins nut and bolt resto. Seeing it makes me want to finish my GTO

Saturday, June 02, 2012 3:37 AM
Thats one badazz resto chevy truck, give him some props for me, well done.^^

Love the painted z wheels on the vert btw, looks good imo.

Saturday, June 09, 2012 2:25 PM
The truck truly is, my cousin put a lot of work and money into the truck and it deserves a build thread but unfortunetly he doesn't do much on the internet.

Actually the rims are are polished and painted black.

Last weekend I sold the eco engine and bought a new parts car for the motor... anyone wanna sell me a 2200 bellhousing for my F23?

I also got my wiring harness back together and am working on installing it in the car, still a lot to do

Saturday, June 09, 2012 8:13 PM
is that a gtp? 3.8 supercharged?

Saturday, June 09, 2012 10:20 PM
Yeah, it's a 98' GTP with the 3800 supercharged

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:20 AM
You can have my full 2200 trans if u can find a way to get it. Eco swapping. It has 61k on it and no problems. I could get it to you as early as July when Im stateside again. Lol. But MI is a lil ways from NH.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:15 PM
That would be awesome, I even have a some eco parts I'd be willing to trade, but yeah that's quite the drive and I was hoping to have it back together by July

Decided to do some rust clean up before I put the wiring back in

My cousin had his graduation party today and had the truck out, so I got a picture with it, made the cav look small

Monday, June 11, 2012 2:29 AM
Well ill do my best to work something out for ya, if you're in a pinch with finding a trans.

And yea, the cav does look tiny ^^ lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search