Cobalt SS/TC Rims w/Brembo's - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt SS/TC Rims w/Brembo's
Monday, March 19, 2012 4:57 PM
jason norwood wrote:I looked on ebay and a brake set up is around 900..... might as well get wilwoods.....

yeah you could do that but the ability to get parts next day espcially when its brakes is a hugh bonus and not to mention he now has something no one has

but based on your posts that you have made on more then one occasion you need stuff to be cookie cutter install. between ryan (OP), jeff ( corvette wheels), myself and shawn(94 turbo 2.2ohv) theres nothing original that wasn't custom fabricated for it

not knockin willwood brakes there great but the fact that hes got cobalt wheel on his car without using wheel spacers and no one has done this before means much more then a bolt on kit for these cars.

looks awesome ryan i hope to have your engine harness done tomorrow for you

JBO since July 30, 2001

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:44 PM
Nice to see people still trying new things around here. Awesome job. And the wheels look damn good on there. Can't wait to see more.

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:19 PM
Wheels look sick on J, nice work.

PS3 ID: Phatchance249
MW3 FTW!
Monday, March 19, 2012 6:40 PM
looks awesome. another brake option that can be done with all junk yard parts!!!

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:55 PM
Not a 2.4

I do not use cookie cutter parts... I have made parts that are not available for many many people on here, lots of things on my car that are not off the shelf parts FYI

Also he is not the first to do this... Check under the video/ picture section with the title prescentation the guy in Mexico did this months ago to his sunfire and did not state what he swapped off...

On a side note I do like it.

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:08 PM
Wow, looks great

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:42 PM
jason norwood wrote:
Also he is not the first to do this... Check under the video/ picture section with the title prescentation the guy in Mexico did this months ago to his sunfire and did not state what he swapped off...

On a side note I do like it.

Seriously dude?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/04072011354.jpg/

You're giving this guy credit for "being the first" to put SS/TC wheels on a J? So he re-drilled a rotor. Obviously mounted up a brembo caliper somehow. There are no pictures of the wheels anywhere. That is literally THE weakest attempt at this. Honestly, not impressed.

Just because there isn't 20" Lexani wheels on the car, doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a bunch. Respect the work put into this, I know how much time Ryan spent planning this out, so for you to bring your piss-poor opinion in here and try to knock anything he's done, for no apparent reason, is ridiculous.
Monday, March 19, 2012 9:06 PM
I use CED for most of my GM parts now. Tom does really well in getting them to me fast.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:01 AM
Nice job!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:32 AM
Jeff,

Who said anything about Lexanis or 20 inch wheels. I just stated that there had been a brembo kit used before, didn't say that he didn't do a good job...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:23 AM
anyway...

don't forget if you get a flat, the spare wont fit the front anymore. lol

R.I.P. Jesse 07/11/87-01/25/08
14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:14 PM
De Lara (Cortana) wrote:anyway...

don't forget if you get a flat, the spare wont fit the front anymore. lol

I snagged a spare from the wreckers when i picked up my other pieces. I would have to run the spare on the rear even if it did fit do to the Team Green insert that is being installed along with a bunch of other things this month.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:02 PM
You're not supposed to run donuts on the drive wheels anyway. You always swap a rear wheel to the front and put the donut on the rear if you blow a front tire.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:58 PM
whitez wrote:I havent completed the rear but have it all planned out. I will let the pictures do the talking when I get them bolted on

When I was doing research on a similar project for my friend's Cobalt, I was thinking that the hub bolt pattern for the Cobalt rear bearings are so similar to the J-body pattern that our rear axles could be drilled to accommodate the Cobalt bearing, Then using a caliper bracket similar to Jeffie!'s to bolt the caliper on.

Well, that's my idea of a way to do it anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:31 PM

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:09 PM
i think the rears are on hold for a week or so i know he got his black back and the LSD is goin in the trans now that the motor and trans are out

i have the harness repinned for AC ready to go back in.

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:33 PM
Roofy wrote:[
When I was doing research on a similar project for my friend's Cobalt, I was thinking that the hub bolt pattern for the Cobalt rear bearings are so similar to the J-body pattern that our rear axles could be drilled to accommodate the Cobalt bearing, Then using a caliper bracket similar to Jeffie!'s to bolt the caliper on.

Well, that's my idea of a way to do it anyways.

Thats exactly what I will be doing, the bottom holes line up perfectly. Going to fill in the top factory holes and then redrill

I cut the cobalt caliper bracket off the rear axle that I got all of the parts off of

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:29 PM
Wanna do me a favor and check what size the rear trailing arm bushings are on your axle??? I've been wondering if Jeffie!'s delrin bushings would fit the Cobalts or not.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:11 PM
I found a set of SS/TC wheels for 600, im not sure if I should jump on the offer.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:14 AM
pretty sure thats a j body trailing axel

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:28 AM
wow... kudos man!

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:44 AM
Wow.... Very impressed.....

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:26 PM
those first couple of pictures u posted got me hooked now lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:00 PM
Another good night in the shop, got the trans back together with the Team Green insert installed, the a/c evaporator installed.

The hightlight of the night had to be bolting on one side of the rear cobalt disc brake setup along with the SS/TC rim]

Started by taking 3/8" x 1/2" long steel and placed them into the upper rear trailing arm holes

Then welded them into place and grinding down nice and smooth

Bolted on the cobalt caliper bracket and drilled the upper holes

Here is the finished product. Also note that the rear suspension is not in the car due to the koni's needing the bottom bushings so ride height was set by hoist

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:24 PM
OMG ryan this is so sexy. keep at it man. Cant wait to see it this summer.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:05 PM
Sweet.... Powder coat them black!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search