Different kind of RWD swap. - Page 18 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Different kind of RWD swap.
Wednesday, May 07, 2014 12:52 PM
OMG!! tis a thing of beauty my friend!!!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:59 PM
at first they were like sweet indy car. then the cavalier body was dropped on and jaws dropped.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:54 PM
Nice to see it rolling under it's own power - great progress!

Sounds really good . . . I know it's hard to get a recording to sound the same as real life, but thru my Logitech Z523 speakers - sounds mean!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 10:08 PM
Thats badass dude. Congrats.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 10:15 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Yeah I knew it would be close since you are RIGHT there with the engine. The crank has to be DAMN close considering the input shaft of the trans and everything else is right on that line. Looks neat and sounds even cooler. Props on the fab work. Whens the body drop back on it?

Going to start working on the flares soon. My plate is full at the moment.

Temporary brake/parking/turn lights for the rear.

Custom Walbro fittings b/c one of my plastic ones snapped.

Chemical Zinc bath for the fittings

Enjoy life while you can, because you only have one shot. So go BIG or go home.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:35 AM
Ben Wootson wrote:
This needs to be resized and used as your sig.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:48 PM
So.....do we vote this guy king? Isn't this just about the most extreme j-body here?

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:11 PM
skoronesa wrote:So.....do we vote this guy king? Isn't this just about the most extreme j-body here?

is it even a jbody anymore? there's so much fab here (all excellent work) but other than the bolt-on body parts, what about it that's left is J-body? lol

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:43 AM
It will be titled as a jbody.

But seriously do we need to label any car the "KING"?

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:09 AM
Some how I stopped reviving updates on this thread so I'm just posting to get back in the loop. It's amazing how much you have done sense last time I saw. I only check back cuz I saw the video on YouTube recently. Amazing work man once your done I want to meet up and see it in person. Engineering school is keeping me to buzzy to travel right now.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:11 AM
Busy* stupid Swype. Lol

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:09 AM
You need these for when your driving that chest grabbing, wet spot in my underwear thing of beauty

Thursday, June 05, 2014 5:02 AM
Need updates.

Monday, July 07, 2014 8:19 PM
Ummmmm, it's been over a month, where are the updates? Even if it's just another picture.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:06 PM
Just a shot I took today.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:53 AM
Nice!!

And nice clean garage / workshop!

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:22 AM

video from this morning

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:23 PM
Is that supposed to be happening? Or are you running a little rich?

Friday, July 11, 2014 6:18 PM
skoronesa wrote:So.....do we vote this guy king? Isn't this just about the most extreme j-body here?

It is rich.

It is also untuned. We have made small adjustments to get it running and idling good. We will be working on getting it running/ driving good.

Hopefully Dyno numbers in a month or so.

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:24 PM
box to mount the factory edu, bcm, and tach box. Just waiting on the cover plate to dry.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:21 PM
Hey Ben, what do u think about doing a standalone setup? Like from Holley (HP EFI) or MegaSquirt... I think you already answered the questions but i can't find it...
But......Other then that though, the car is looking F&#%ing AWESOME!!! Please let me come work on it

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~

Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:58 PM
Mike wrote:Hey Ben, what do u think about doing a standalone setup? Like from Holley (HP EFI) or MegaSquirt... I think you already answered the questions but i can't find it...
But......Other then that though, the car is looking F&#%ing AWESOME!!! Please let me come work on it

He will be going megasquirt in the future.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:16 PM
Newest photo with the door jams mounted and the doors installed.

It was running stupid lean after replacing the plugs and switching to a 3-bar MAP sensor, found the ZZP jumper harness terminal lost its seating clip. blah

Welded up my own fittings to make the E-vac system about two inches shorter. Plus coolant pressure tested for a few days solid with only a four psi drop. Im happy with that.

The switches and gauges are finally mounted. Going to give the dash a guy at work to lay a full cargo dash. Sorry for the poor quality.

I did not ground the coolant pipes originally and had electrolysis eat two holes in a couple of the SS pipes. So I added some grounding studs and reinforcement places around all of the leak spots to be safe.

Soldered in the resistors for the LED tail lights and turn signals, as well as soldering in the diodes for them.

And yes "John", it clears speed humps in the road. LOL

The tow bar I'm going to rig up, due to not having the time to build a trailer before the next show on Aug 10th. Trust me, it will be "CLEAN" approved.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:33 PM
amazing build!

Saturday, July 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search