My 99 Cavalier - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 99 Cavalier
Saturday, May 05, 2012 4:37 PM
damn man, i love it. very clean.

im with everyone on the side skirts but am going to add that you should get an LD9 for it. take ur time build it up and then drop it in and enjoy a bunch more power.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:11 PM
chris rod wrote:damne clean car throw some toyo tails now lol
just emailed bc on the coilovers , im looking for the same stance as well got to rep for the sedans

thanks and if you are going for the bc's go to flushstance.com BC Racing did not want to give me a year warranty because i wanted the extreme drop kit the website gave me a warranty
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:damn man, i love it. very clean.

im with everyone on the side skirts but am going to add that you should get an LD9 for it. take ur time build it up and then drop it in and enjoy a bunch more power.

yeah im working on the side skirts but i dont know if the coupe skirts fit on a sedan and im planning on switching to ecotec this summer hopefully ld9 seems like it would be more difficult than an ecotec swap

Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:32 PM
LD9 would be alot easier since your car is a pre-2k. LD9 could be a bolt in engine swap.

Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:43 PM
alright ill see what i decide on after i get my funds lol

Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:59 PM
How much were your BC's if you don't mind my asking. My buddy has them on his e30 and I would kill to have a set that could keep my car as low as it is now.
Sunday, May 06, 2012 9:47 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:How much were your BC's if you don't mind my asking. My buddy has them on his e30 and I would kill to have a set that could keep my car as low as it is now.

http://www.flushstance.com/bcracing-coilovers/chevrolet/

Monday, May 07, 2012 5:51 AM
Love the car, clean and simple, its very much appeals to the mini truck dude in me.
LOW LOW LOW, Big stereo, subtle body mods, and big wheels.

Its begging for a performance upgrade though, LD9 that thing sir! I'd say Ecotec it, but it'd be a shame to use an eco with that 95-99 z kit.

Thanks ofr the link to the BCracing coilovers.... those look nice, almost too nice to pass up.... hmmm....

Monday, May 07, 2012 4:08 PM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Love the car, clean and simple, its very much appeals to the mini truck dude in me.
LOW LOW LOW, Big stereo, subtle body mods, and big wheels.

Its begging for a performance upgrade though, LD9 that thing sir! I'd say Ecotec it, but it'd be a shame to use an eco with that 95-99 z kit.

Thanks ofr the link to the BCracing coilovers.... those look nice, almost too nice to pass up.... hmmm....

thanks and i dont know still deciding on which engine to use and which one is better for boosting in the future.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:19 AM
Pros and Cons of both, personally I'd go with ease of swap as my first priority. In your case an LD9 from a 95-99 Z would be easiest I think.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:40 AM
The easiest setup to tune boosted is 00-02 LD9 ecu because of the gm 2-bar flash. Not sure how much rewiring would be required with a 99. If your gonna put in the wiring might as well put the engine to match haha.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:51 AM
^^ hmm, yes, didn't think of boost down the road... agreed.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:24 AM
hey bud are those straight bolt ons or do i need any extra parts to fit on the cavalier, any issues with installation? pm me or you can post here, amazing drop bro, i can truly say that you are one of the very few that have an almost perfect drop on the j scene.

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:56 AM
alejandro davila wrote:hey bud are those straight bolt ons or do i need any extra parts to fit on the cavalier, any issues with installation? pm me or you can post here, amazing drop bro, i can truly say that you are one of the very few that have an almost perfect drop on the j scene.

thanks and what are you asking if it is a bolt on?

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:50 PM
Did you have to get solid mounts or camber plates or any mods to your suspension other than bolting the coilovers abd an aligment.

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:46 PM
alejandro davila wrote:Did you have to get solid mounts or camber plates or any mods to your suspension other than bolting the coilovers abd an aligment.

just bolted up and aligned everything didnt run into any problems other than rubbing a little bit (I need stretch tires) the BC coilovers come with an adjustable top mount so i can set how much camber I want no mods otherwise did have to do some rolling and pulling tho to fit my wheels. I am going to buy some camber shims for the rear because i want more camber and camber bolts for the front

Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:28 PM
hey man, I saw you at the hin event here in Orlando. good to see another Florida j that's clean

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:36 PM
Fluffy wrote:hey man, I saw you at the hin event here in Orlando. good to see another Florida j that's clean

i was the "other guy" that met you today ....nice ride indeed

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, May 21, 2012 8:36 PM
The Jew wrote:
Fluffy wrote:hey man, I saw you at the hin event here in Orlando. good to see another Florida j that's clean

Oh wow I was just thinking about how I forgot to ask if you guys were on the forum haha so which one of you guys ordered the Teins?

Monday, May 21, 2012 8:43 PM
I was starting to think there were no other j's in area

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:13 AM
Ruben Torres wrote:
The Jew wrote:

Oh wow I was just thinking about how I forgot to ask if you guys were on the forum haha so which one of you guys ordered the Teins?

raises hand

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:57 AM
nice, do you guys know of any j body meets in the area?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:44 AM
Ruben Torres wrote:nice, do you guys know of any j body meets in the area?

for awhile there we were having meets once a month but since most people who were in the JBO scene are out of it now we dont get together all that much

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:17 PM
damn well let me know if there are any ill go for sure

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:12 PM
Ruben Torres wrote:
Zs Z wrote:StatiCav (AznCav) had B&G coilovers. This is the first I have heard of the BC coilovers. How do they ride? They look like really nice for the price.

I had to call BC Racing and I asked them if they have a coilover set for the cavalier they told me that it was a very "unusual" product but they said it could be done BC also offers the extreme drop kit that will let you go lower than any other coilover for the cavalier for fifty bucks more and so i did that. i can go as low as i want and it still ride good. I only had them for two months so far so i dont know how good they are going to be for the long run but so far they have not disappointed

I emailed bc the other day looking for some coilovers they replied to me today saying that they dont have nothing for a cavalier -_-
Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:33 PM
TheInfamousEco wrote:That video was really well done. Props! Car looks great.

^this!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search