strat in 2012 - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: strat in 2012
Friday, June 03, 2011 12:50 PM
We may be able to work that out.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 10:27 AM
Love it! Next time mount the cam where you only see part of the hood. I like looking forward. Isn't Auto-x addicting?

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:30 PM
just a short vid from today's autox. another 1st place but not quite how I would have liked the day to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co6G-vMFb5s

got my 3 morning runs done and as I was pulling into the pits, noticed a loud clunk coming from the front of the car. after pulling the passenger side wheel and looking at some things, came to the realization that the wheel bearing was toast. (I had noticed the car's steering didn't seem quite as tight as usual but heard no noise indicating that the bearing was bad) Decided that instead of potentially making the situation worse, the car would be parked for the remainder of the day so that I could drive it home.

my buddy decided to let me co-drive his STI for the afternoon. i threw my camera mount on for my last run in the STI but found out that an STI with slicks generates more g-forces than my ebay suction mount could handle...

anyways, enjoy the vid... still waiting on my clutch from clutchnet to get here so I can finally tear the car apart and get my flywheel and LSD installed.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:55 PM
I can't believe all the wheel bearing trouble you are having. Sounds good and makes me excited to get mine installed. Btw where is the sti vid?

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:23 AM
The sti vid did not save on the card unfortunately.

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:24 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:I can't believe all the wheel bearing trouble you are having.

btw, i've only ever replaced two wheel bearings on the car and the second I did so I could run the evo arp studs in the front. the one that's bad is the National one I installed probably 2-3 years ago. i'm not surprised though... it's an economy car that's not being driven like one. LOL

got home and lunch and to my surprise had a clutch and pressure plate waiting for me!

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:25 AM
strat81 wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:I can't believe all the wheel bearing trouble you are having.

btw, i've only ever replaced two wheel bearings on the car and the second I did so I could run the evo arp studs in the front. the one that's bad is the National one I installed probably 2-3 years ago. i'm not surprised though... it's an economy car that's not being driven like one. LOL

got home and lunch and to my surprise had a clutch and pressure plate waiting for me!

THIS MEANS I CAN MAKE IT TO DYNO DAY!!!!!!

Well that's great news man!!!!

Want hub spacers or rear disk brackets? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:39 AM
strat81 wrote:

Lol - if there is a weakness in any suspension/steering component, stock or otherwise, this man will find it. . Good news on the clutch. Time for re-tune with moar timing?

Monday, June 20, 2011 2:38 PM
ryan... hells yea... i needz more powerz!!

jeffie... I still gotta few odds and ends to pick up to put it all together. maybe if all the planets align, i'll make it down.

Monday, June 20, 2011 5:54 PM
strat81 wrote:

Yes but the factory one is the one that is still hollding up lol.

Monday, June 20, 2011 6:36 PM
nope... replaced both front factory wheel bearings with National's... when i put in the 2nd National, the stocker was making noise.

the rear's are the only factory wheel bearings still on the car and they don't see near the cornering load that the front does. I'll probably replace those as preventative maintenance this winter if they don't fail before that...

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:33 PM

pic of the clutchnet clutch and pressure plate with the fidanza flywheel. Seems to be the right one.

just gotta pick up a few more odds and ends and then I can get the car torn apart.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:30 AM
couple pics of the cavalier from the last autox...

and the sti I co-drove

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:31 PM
just a small update...

trans out:

clutch/flywheel out

new clutch/flywheel installed

trans is apart and the stock diff is out. gotta get the new bearings on the new diff and then i'm ready to reassemble/reinstall.

did find this stuck the to magnet in the trans though... it's a bellville washer that's broken in half. anybody have any idea where it might be from?

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:07 PM
strat. that washer looks like the one in the diff. it is actually a spacer that goes behind a spider gear. or at least that is what it looks to me like. glad to see it is getting that new clutch finally.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:55 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:strat. that washer looks like the one in the diff. it is actually a spacer that goes behind a spider gear. or at least that is what it looks to me like..

X2
Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:45 PM
that's what i've been told... i'm glad to hear it's something out of the diff that's getting replaced anyways. (also glad the diff didn't explode during an autox)

got my replacement end cap (actually ended up with 3 as I had to meet a min with our vendor at work)... just waiting for the diff to come back from the machine shop and then i can get the trans together and in the car.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:26 PM
small update... got the diff back, went to put the trans back together and ended up cracking the case.

got the case welded up today and will hopefully be going for round 2 on putting the trans back together minus the case cracking this time.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:06 AM
figured I'd post an update to this thread since I failed at the date a year ago when I made the post. LOL

not too much happening with the car. did manage to get the car buttoned back up and the new lsd works like a charm. need a new set of tires after last season of autox. (aka i'm still rocking one silver wheel at the moment)

picked up these off of misnblu

also dyno'd the car with the new clutch

put down 207 whp on a conservative tune. (oldskool tells me VERY conservative on the timing)

i should be making a few changes this year but my budget will be limited due to kiddo number 2 on the way. Don't worry though... the sedan isn't going anywhere.

more updates as I have them.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:11 AM
I still have a new set of those sitting in my basement waiting for me to get the car moving again.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:40 PM
Nice update!

FU Tuning

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:53 PM
love it man! looks great!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:14 PM
Just noticed the title is correct. Lol.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:29 PM
not sure why the vid didn't link...

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:43 PM
Nice work and congrats on Kiddo #2.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search